Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Maddison injury update?

That's lifesaving for the club that Praet is ready in early/mid March. Looks like with madders and him both out then we'll have to try and win 4/6 games potentially without either of them. Pretty big ask and opposition teams will aim to go directly through the middle of us.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Noticed Periera went into the hole yesterday a few times 

...he seems to be drifting centrally recently!!!

Playing him wide on the right would be the reason to stretch the opposition, but against Villa and last night he is coming inside, so it must be ploy by Rodgers. Barnes saw a lot of the ball against Villa and switching the play now and again to the right would have made a lot of sense. The early play in the Villa game was what we envisaged this team could be, need more of the same.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

That's lifesaving for the club that Praet is ready in early/mid March. Looks like with madders and him both out then we'll have to try and win 4/6 games potentially without either of them. Pretty big ask and opposition teams will aim to go directly through the middle of us.

Hang on a minute. There is a big difference between Praet being able to "join the group" in March and being ready to play. This means he will ready to train with the others I'm guessing.

Maddison will have to play through the pain by the sound of things.

Thought Perez was supposed to be 2 weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Hang on a minute. There is a big difference between Praet being able to "join the group" in March and being ready to play. This means he will ready to train with the others I'm guessing.

Maddison will have to play through the pain by the sound of things.

Thought Perez was supposed to be 2 weeks.

He said they're targeting Praet to be back in training on w/c 8 March. 

Maddison will be out for a few weeks, that suggests middle or end of March.

Perez might be back in training next week:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-maddison-wesley-fofana-dennis-5050894

• Thanks 1

Just a shame that all 3 of Maddison, Perez and Praet are injured at the same time. In an ideal world we’d be able to rotate all 3 more often to keep all fresh  and reduce the risk of injury. 

Guess it’ll have to be Iheanacho in the holes behind Vardy for the time being which I’m not completely opposed to - will just have to go more direct. Just means less rest/ rotation for Vardy.

50 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Just a shame that all 3 of Maddison, Perez and Praet are injured at the same time. In an ideal world we’d be able to rotate all 3 more often to keep all fresh  and reduce the risk of injury. 

Guess it’ll have to be Iheanacho in the holes behind Vardy for the time being which I’m not completely opposed to - will just have to go more direct. Just means less rest/ rotation for Vardy.

Nacho links well with Vardy but won't help out the midfield as much as Maddison. Can see BR reverting to a 352 as a result. We just need to grind out results until we get players back. Rekindle the spirit of the back end of the title winning season when we had that series of grim 1-0 wins. I don't care about performances now, we just need to keep winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Nacho links well with Vardy but won't help out the midfield as much as Maddison. Can see BR reverting to a 352 as a result. We just need to grind out results until we get players back. Rekindle the spirit of the back end of the title winning season when we had that series of grim 1-0 wins. I don't care about performances now, we just need to keep winning.

Barnes exciting performances as a 10 for WBA came in a 3-4-1-2 as well if I’m not mistaken. More of a roaming free role than the 10 position in the usual 4-2-3-1. A front 3 Barnes Iheanacho and Vardy should create some decent chances between them with the width being provided by Castagne and Ricardo. 

I guess at this point it’s a toss up between Albrighton/Ünder/ Thomas and Amartey for that last place in the XI depending on formation. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Was that the hole that he disappears into ??  He looked like a lost soul - no idea how to play that position ...., stick him at right back ......

Absolutely, he was a square peg in a round hole. If you have a player that is one of the best in the Premiership in his correct position, then don't dilute his contribution by putting him somewhere he's not suited to just to fill in. He's not a winger at the top level like many failed wingers or midfielders. He is however quite devastating attacking from deep and his defensive game has come on tremendously since he first arrived. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he seems to be drifting centrally recently!!!

Playing him wide on the right would be the reason to stretch the opposition, but against Villa and last night he is coming inside, so it must be ploy by Rodgers. Barnes saw a lot of the ball against Villa and switching the play now and again to the right would have made a lot of sense. The early play in the Villa game was what we envisaged this team could be, need more of the same.

The ploy didn't work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Madders needs a Naproxen prescription and he’ll be good to go. I‘m 54, take 2 a week, and did a 10k in 58 minutes this morning. 

Get down the GP James old son and you’ll be flying on Sunday 😂😂😂

He's not suffered until he's had gout. Give him a Naproxen sandwich!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update from Rodgers today. hopefully that means he'll be back in full training over the international break

“(Maddison) was out on the field today and looked very good, and we’re hopeful that if he has a good couple of weeks during the international break, he should then be back. He looked really good. That will be great news."

• Thanks 2

On 26/02/2021 at 19:32, harpendenfox said:

Madders needs a Naproxen prescription and he’ll be good to go. I‘m 54, take 2 a week, and did a 10k in 58 minutes this morning. 

Get down the GP James old son and you’ll be flying on Sunday 😂😂😂

10k in 58 minutes!!..

About time you got yourself a new motor mate!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...