Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Maddison injury update?

usually takes 48 hours for them to announce something, same as what happened with JJ etc so hopefully today

Personally, I don't think he'll be risked Thursday... they'll probably push Tielmanns up a bit and start Hamza - should have more than enough to win.... and then hopefully Madders back for Sunday

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he'll be on the bench, start Tavares please 🤪

TBF I don't know enough about Tavares and with him not being used in any of the group games all season I can't see Brendan backing down, but I would like to see what the hypes about and give him a run out... if it's mainly the first team with one graduate, you'd like to think that would be enough to beat these

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Is it just me that thinks these hip problems are occurring from his technique / the way he tries to wrap his body around the ball? 

It's been commented on before, possibly by yourself?

It's definitely a valid observation. I mean, it's not as if those whipped in corners result in much is it?! 

• Like 1

If he's out can't Under play in his free roaming role? I'd have thought it would suit him i.e. licence to roam. And before people say 'but what about Madders defensive work'. I can't legitimately remember Madders ever tackling anyone in his current role. He saunters towards them in his languid style. Then stands off them a metre away. Surely the bloody Turkish Messi can do that??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

To all thos suggesting just move Youri up... that's exactly where Villa game fell away. Tielemens is integral to picking up the ball deeper and advancing play. Looking for pockets between the lines and playing us forward. Mendy came on and reversed all that, we had no outlet and Youri gets stranded. Keep him in his position where hes been brilliant and if need be have Under in the false 10 role or even Riccy P with Albrighton out wide. 

Agreed with keeping Tielmanns in his role... so it kind of leaves us with no option but to give Under a chance... I don't rate him, so if he gets a go, I hope he takes his chance

I certainly would leave Maddison out, or leave on the bench, regardless if he feels ready to play.... we have enough on the pitch without him to win... not worth the risk

5 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

To all thos suggesting just move Youri up... that's exactly where Villa game fell away. Tielemens is integral to picking up the ball deeper and advancing play. Looking for pockets between the lines and playing us forward. Mendy came on and reversed all that, we had no outlet and Youri gets stranded. Keep him in his position where hes been brilliant and if need be have Under in the false 10 role or even Riccy P with Albrighton out wide. 

bang on, we don't look half as a good when Youri is further up, Mendy/Hamza can't do the same things, would rather try under as the 10 and at least create chances.