Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Maddison injury update?

Amartey was a box tonic midfielder when we signed him. He’s found it hard to nail a place here and has been shifted around a bit. He’s had a rotten time with injuries, however I’d never be worried about playing him the N’didi/Mendy role. 

........... however I never want to see us put up that wall of N’didi, Choudhury, Amartey and Mendy, ever again. 

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, it is worrying if this is a condition that will keep bothering him. Maybe this is partly to do with taking and practising freekicks and corners, as he does appear to twist his hip quite a bit more than others. Maybe he just needs to rest it up a bit. 

...I  have said it before,  his movement when taking corners are excessive and must contribute to his present dilemma!!!

If he continues to play in this fashion the impact down the line could curtail his career to some degree.

He is mostly ineffective on corners and free-kicks,  so a simplification of his actions might help him in the longterm. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Team throughout the continent will shake in fear at the arrival of Kolo's babes. It's also our transfer policy sorted for the long term.

We're missing a creative number 10 and a proven goal scorer and you just know and we'll end up playing Hamza and Albrighton with Amartey coming off the bench while Under watches on.

Kolo's wild oats XI.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, happy85 said:

My understanding is that Brendan wanted a 2nd opinion on madders as last season we brought  chilwell back from his injury too early which wasn't the right thing to do. 

We are learning and it great to get a 2nd view from someone outside of the club

Yeah, the new doc is probably a factor too.

Having a second opinion sounds like a professional thing to do with such a valuable asset, mis-handling injuries is about as bad as it gets for a club.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've enjoyed it and want more of it, I've been hugely impressed how we have handled playing Thursday, Sunday most weeks and getting results in both competitions. We are becoming accustomed to the demands a top club has upon them and that's very encouraging.

I think we have handled it very well too, but I think it's probably come a little soon for us to actually win it, given the already ridiculous schedule and the amount we have lost largely as a result of it. I don't actively want us out but I'm almost feeling like it's a good preparation for next season which will simply be a lot more of a normal season.

We have handled it well though. To still be 3rd (and quite a gap to 5th as well now) despite it all is a great effort by all involved.

• Like 3

At the start of this season we saw quite a lot of comments about how we were a better side without him. It’s no coincidence we really did fall off of a mountain last season without him. Praet certainly helped us paper over it at the start of this campaign but I’m really concerned how we are going to cope without him. 

Tonight gave me flashbacks to last season and I really hope this result doesn’t set us on a spiral like the Villa game last year. 

we are desperately short in this area now and we all learnt that under isn’t the answer and neither is tielemans. 

I wonder how long Perez is out for 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good few weeks by sound of it. I'd guess possibly back for the Utd Cup game? 

This from OS:

The injury he has isn’t time driven. He had an operation at the end of last season. He’s got a little issue with his tendon just above that.

"We’re hoping he’ll be back sooner rather than later, but we can’t put a timeline on it as it’s just about how he feels and how he can recover over the next few weeks ."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This from OS:

The injury he has isn’t time driven. He had an operation at the end of last season. He’s got a little issue with his tendon just above that.

"We’re hoping he’ll be back sooner rather than later, but we can’t put a timeline on it as it’s just about how he feels and how he can recover over the next few weeks ."

Months then 

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This from OS:

Mid march I reckon. The great news is that Fofana trains from Monday and Praet is way ahead of schedule with perez not too far behind. April and May are now the critical months in the season. Here's hoping that resting a few last night really helps us over the next three games. We can't afford any more injuries and it's starting to sound positive getting players back.

• Like 1

Es have 4 positions, we cant Really replace on any long-term ( 5+ games) period.Bit

Its their Quality & reading those game moments ability  we miss...

Maddison...though Perez did a Good Cover job, Early season,but he & Praet are also injured...

Tielemans...Praet injured..!!

Ndidi....       Mendy did a Top job..

Vardy....       Cant replace his game-versatily

Funny Thing is...When Fofana returns, it doesn't solve any team Quality problems, unless we again Take Hits in the Bline..

40 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mid march I reckon. The great news is that Fofana trains from Monday and Praet is way ahead of schedule with perez not too far behind. April and May are now the critical months in the season. Here's hoping that resting a few last night really helps us over the next three games. We can't afford any more injuries and it's starting to sound positive getting players back.

How long would Praet be back in training before he's considered ready to start getting some game time? 2-3 weeks?

"On Praet, meanwhile, Rodgers said: "He’s progressing very well. He’s quite a way down the road in terms of his rehabilitation, so we’re hoping that sometime in early March, he’ll be able to rejoin the group."

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

This from OS:

Seems like Maddison will be dealing with this issue even after he’s good to play— he’ll probably have to sit out or get subbed out of the occasional game based on whether or not the injury flares up. 

On 25/02/2021 at 12:36, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  have said it before,  his movement when taking corners are excessive and must contribute to his present dilemma!!!

If he continues to play in this fashion the impact down the line could curtail his career to some degree.

He is mostly ineffective on corners and free-kicks,  so a simplification of his actions might help him in the longterm. 

I see plenty of mileage in your point. Plenty of other sportsman who’ve had to slightly change their actions as it’s become a problem in causing injuries. It’s fair to say Maddison probably spends hours in training practicing these corners and set piece balls and doing this probably does put stresses on his body. Might not be a bad idea to take him off these duties and concentrate on him purely playing. 

• Like 1