Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to be a pet of our club as a young player when you see our record for developing young talent in recent times, the training facilities and the ambitions of the club.

It will be his loss if he leaves. 

We’ve been here before with young talent.

How many have left us and kicked on? 

It’ll happen one day of course …..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to be a pet of our club as a young player when you see our record for developing young talent in recent times, the training facilities and the ambitions of the club.

It will be his loss if he leaves. 

....just imagine you have seen Jude Bellingham, Jadon Sancho, and Ansu Fati excelling in top leagues and you are meandering in the U23s!!!

It looks like flair is encouraged more abroad with the chance to develop and express yourself, why would you want to waste another year to possibly get 10 games interspersed throughout the season.

We all know how our system works and players have achieved by the process, there is more than one way to get to where you want to be, who is to say his choice is the wrong one for him.

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....just imagine you have seen Jude Bellingham, Jadon Sancho, and Ansu Fati excelling in top leagues and you are meandering in the U23s!!!

It looks like flair is encouraged more abroad with the chance to develop and express yourself, why would you want to waste another year to possibly get 10 games interspersed throughout the season.

We all know how our system works and players have achieved by the process, there is more than one way to get to where you want to be, who is to say his choice is the wrong one for him.

Bellingham looked sensational when I saw him player for Birmingham. The Dortmund move was a brilliant choice. I don’t recall seeing Sancho at an earlier age. 

Tavares may want to move on though, to a team that allows him first team opportunities. You can’t blame him for that. 

• Like 2

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Sidnei Tavares isn’t a Bellingham, Sancho or Fati though otherwise he’d be featuring for us. 

Sure, he’s a promising young talent - but those guys are generational talents. 

....that's not the point, if he believes that he is on or can get to their levels then he has no time to waste hoping for a loan to a Championship club!!!

He is that ambitious, you may even say arrogant, but that will be where he will be coming from.

• Like 1

Hard to see him breaking into the side any time soon when he's got the likes of Youri, Praet, Maddison and even KDH probably ahead of him. As much as it'd be great to see him stay and prove us wrong, it'd be hard to begrudge him for wanting to move elsewhere to try and take his chances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hard to see him breaking into the side any time soon when he's got the likes of Youri, Praet, Maddison and even KDH probably ahead of him. As much as it'd be great to see him stay and prove us wrong, it'd be hard to begrudge him for wanting to move elsewhere to try and take his chances.

Is he likely to break into any other side any time soon? If he is then it would most probably involve dropping down a level or two which he could achieve with a loan anyway. 

Perhaps he's being badly advised. Most probably numerous things going on that we are unaware of. Or delusions of grandeur. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is he likely to break into any other side any time soon? If he is then it would most probably involve dropping down a level or two which he could achieve with a loan anyway. 

Perhaps he's being badly advised. Most probably numerous things going on that we are unaware of. Or delusions of grandeur. 

He'd be more likely to get consistent minutes for a lower PL side (someone like Palace perhaps, who have a lot of out-of-contract players this summer so need to upsize their squad), or somewhere on the continent may take a chance on him. It might not happen and he might still be stuck in the reserves wherever he goes, but given that it appears near-certain that he won't be first-choice here anytime soon (and he'll likely have full confirmation of that in private) he may want to take that chance and see if the odds fall in his favour.

El Sid. Always sad to see a potential talent go, but the kid has dreams and ambitions they he cannot seem to realise with us. 

If he leaves I wish him well and hope he reaches the potential he believes he has. We’ve let the odd diamond go before, we’ll do it again. That’s life my friends. 

• Like 2

This lad has enormous talent and I wish him all the very best. Unfortunately we are now too good a side to play your way into form and if you are as impatient to break through as he seems to be then we probably aren’t the right place for him. Wish him all the best and from the little I’ve seen there could be a real player there if he works hard and develops physically in the coming years.

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Can get in the bin tbh. Doesn't want to sign the contract, ok fine leave. No player is bigger than the club. The 10 is a luxury position in this day and age anyway. We barely get away with Maddison there sometimes, and he's one of the better ones in the league.

He isn't a natural number 10, he can play there or as a 6 or 8. His style of play is a box to box player

45 minutes ago, Xen said:

He'd be more likely to get consistent minutes for a lower PL side (someone like Palace perhaps, who have a lot of out-of-contract players this summer so need to upsize their squad), or somewhere on the continent may take a chance on him. It might not happen and he might still be stuck in the reserves wherever he goes, but given that it appears near-certain that he won't be first-choice here anytime soon (and he'll likely have full confirmation of that in private) he may want to take that chance and see if the odds fall in his favour.

I'm sure that he must have many suitors lined up if he's as good as he thinks he is. 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Bassey was behind Flynn and Thomas. Club probably made him an offer to try and make some cash off him like with Elder.

I think the club and Bassey may have had different ideas on what position he would play as well, he was mainly a centre back last season where as with Rangers he has been solely a left back

• Like 1