Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's staying, I'm pretty certain of it. Give him 10 bags a week with extra performance and appearance incentives and he'll go bang.

Chilwell managed to wrangle a good contract at the same age.

What excites me about Tavares is he has a frame that could turn into a monster. If I think of Barnes and Chilwell and how they turned into machines from late teens to early twenties Tavares could be RoboCop In a few years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

There is a risk that giving a nineteen y o kid a four year deal on twenty grand a week might affect his hunger 

he is at the stage in his career where a lot of hard yards are necessary 

but if we could secure him on that size deal then is four mill a big risk given the potential upside ??

of course if he does stay and improve then we will have to top up that contract in a couple of years ......

I've heard Rodgers make that very same argument in regards to giving players to much to soon. His dad talks about security and I see his point. Surely he doesn't want to get on the loan milll at Chelsea or M City. If he's wanted something can be worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

20 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I've heard Rodgers make that very same argument in regards to giving players to much to soon. His dad talks about security and I see his point. Surely he doesn't want to get on the loan milll at Chelsea or M City. If he's wanted something can be worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

If they offer him twice what we are and he will go out on loan and play then perhaps that’s the right thing for his family ....... and maybe even him if he gets plenty of game time ....

18 minutes ago, Collymore said:

What excites me about Tavares is he has a frame that could turn into a monster. If I think of Barnes and Chilwell and how they turned into machines from late teens to early twenties Tavares could be RoboCop In a few years. 

...Barnes has bulked up and carries the weight well!!!

Chilwell was always going to be the size that he is now, Tavares will be like a Wilf,  deceptively strong. Wilf looks much the same as when he turned up here and any thoughts of Tavares being a Yaya Toure build is not going to happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If they offer him twice what we are and he will go out on loan and play then perhaps that’s the right thing for his family ....... and maybe even him if he gets plenty of game time ....

Depends what level of football he wants to play for the next few years. We are the best place for him playing PL and hopefully European football again. Will get 10-15 games for us a season easily.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

....just looking at what is around him and you can see why he feels that he is not where he should be, in respect of getting into and playing with the first eleven!!!

If he choose to go abroad he will encounter more technical players at his age and younger at the big teams in Europe, which will be an eye opener. He may back himself, but it is a hurdle he will need to overcome, our lack of cover in the midfield creative department gives him a foothold but is he willing to take that step.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

thoughts of Tavares being a Yaya Toure build is not going to happen

You're forgetting that Beaglehole has got hold of Kolo's DNA and Seagrave's new gene therapy centre is working on that, don't you worry.

• Haha 3

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, sdb said:

Hope we can keep him but I'm not gonna lose sleep if he goes. Looks a good couple of seasons off the first team to me.

Can’t remember Hamza or Papy unleashing the shot that he did against Brighton in their career to date

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Chilwell managed to wrangle a good contract at the same age.

Which worked out as a superb investment ...

At the very least this young man will be a salable asset.  At best, a star player.

I agree with you, I feel the club will make a deal happen.

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Which worked out as a superb investment ...

At the very least this young man will be a salable asset.  At best, a star player.

I agree with you, I feel the club will make a deal happen.

If he's not injured or ill then my guess would be that he's agreed to sign for another club. 

If that is the case then I'd get him away from Seagrave. No point wasting any more time on him. He's had a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If he's not injured or ill then my guess would be that he's agreed to sign for another club. 

If that is the case then I'd get him away from Seagrave. No point wasting any more time on him. He's had a chance. 

Not possible I don't think. You have to be 23 or over to sign a pre contract agreement. Nothing can be agree unless he's signed a new contract with us

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

That was my gut, City fan reaction too.

Then I took a deep breath and considered that club management usually make the smart business decision where signings and transfers are concerned.

No question for me what constitutes smart business here.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Depends what level of football he wants to play for the next few years. We are the best place for him playing PL and hopefully European football again. Will get 10-15 games for us a season easily.

Faster track and bigger money overall if he stays and plays here. A risk for him if he gets shuffled off to the Netherlands never to be heard from again for a little bit more money.

The list is long of Chelsea and M City failures who were never to be heard from again. Players and agents who thought they could skip a step by going directly to the top. He and his dad can have some security through insurence etc. but in the end he's going to have to back himself in order to get to the top. That means playing as much first team football/training as possible for us and not Vitesse.

59 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Negotiation.

He knew he wasn't playing today. That's why the article. Have to keep people talking about you.:scarf:

The article today could have been the reason he was took out the squad, doubt the rest of the players will be impressed with all this talk over an unsigned contract.

56 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The article today could have been the reason he was took out the squad, doubt the rest of the players will be impressed with all this talk over an unsigned contract.

He wasn’t in the training video. 

it most likely a injury 

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

No way he plays over Perez. Even before the game we just watched.

Edited by SO1