Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

19 hours ago, eblair said:

feel odd club didn't talk more about the fact he's a proper academy product like thomas, barnes & hamza; (i.e. not like vontae who we signed from arsenal)

probably my laziness but assumed we signed him as a 17 year old, had no idea he's been at the club so long (does not sound like he's particularly attached to the club, the amount of rumours surrounding him)

Or he just wants to play first team football asap, I be surprised if he doesn't have an attachment, living in the area most of his life and being at the club for 10 years.

It refreshing that he wants to play, to many young footballer are happy to collect the cash and sit in the u23's

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I can see Praet leaving in the summer to be honest, KDH to take his place and Tavares as the youngster in the squad

I see your point on Praet but I think we'll get another ACM in anyway either Otavio or that Turkish lad from Milan.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I see your point on Praet but I think we'll get another ACM in anyway either Otavio or that Turkish lad from Milan.

Yeah I can most likely see our midfield options next season being

DM: Ndidi and Choudhury or Mendy or New Signing

CM: Youri and KDH

AM: Maddison and New Signing

With Tavares then covering both the CM and AM positions

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Classic Rodgers media talk that is. Blowing smoke up the lads arse to give him a bit of confidence n to get that contract signed 

You're not gonna get a manager saying much different if he wants the contract signed :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Sounds promising tbh, do people reckon we’ll lose one of him or KDH? because I’m not sure I can see Rodgers including both in his plans

Could keep both and send Tavares out on loan.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd keep him in the team for Sunday to boost his confidence and experience. Then if things are not going right take him out at half time.

I've every confidence he will only get better with games.

When you say take him out ... I think that's probably a bit over the top, he's only a young lad, I think he'd try harder next time. 

If we can I’d loan KDH out to a promoted team to see if he can cut it in the premier league. If he can’t his performances for Luton should see us pick up a decent fee from a Championship club 

Even though I’ve only seen very little of Tavares he just looks the part. Really excited to see how good he could become 

Rodgers isn't exactly recruiting for Beaglehole and the under 23's now is he. If he didn't think he was good enough why waste the clubs time and money.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Could keep both and send Tavares out on loan.

Depends doesn't it. Who knows how they both do for the rest of the season and in training this summer. Minds can be changed.

Bit of a different take on it on Leicester Mercury website:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-rodgers-live-5149370

Tavares contract?

“It’s up at the end of the season. The club have been in discussions with his representatives. He’s a very talented young player. He fits the profile and has good potential. There is a lot for him to do. I’m pretty sure that will get resolved. I’ll continue to coach him until the end of the season or beyond. We provide an environment for young players. It’s about three fundamental principles. Can we win titles? Can we play attacking football? And can we do it with players from our academy? I would hope they see it as a great place to be. We are looking to be competitive. Hopefully him and his family can see that.

Seems more hopeful than expectant.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Bit of a different take on it on Leicester Mercury website:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-rodgers-live-5149370

Tavares contract?

“It’s up at the end of the season. The club have been in discussions with his representatives. He’s a very talented young player. He fits the profile and has good potential. There is a lot for him to do. I’m pretty sure that will get resolved. I’ll continue to coach him until the end of the season or beyond. We provide an environment for young players. It’s about three fundamental principles. Can we win titles? Can we play attacking football? And can we do it with players from our academy? I would hope they see it as a great place to be. We are looking to be competitive. Hopefully him and his family can see that.

Seems more hoeful than expectant.

To be expected. Hedging their bets with their own deadline in place. They have the power until that evens out with the signing of his next contract. The Club won't wait forever we have plans too.