Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-3 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Just looking at the names doesn't really take into account the actual situation does it. Vardy clearly isn't right, Ricardo is only just back from a year off and looks nowhere near where he was in terms of performance. Castagne hasn't been the same since his injury and even Ndidi hasn't really looked his usual self post injury. Then you have the fact Tielemans is running himself into the ground. 

The injuries to the first line fringe players like Justin, Fofana, Praet, Perez, on top os losing player like Maddison and now Barnes has stopped us being able to rotate as we would have to try and keep people fresh. 

I don't understand why people can't grasp this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just looking at the names doesn't really take into account the actual situation does it. Vardy clearly isn't right, Ricardo is only just back from a year off and looks nowhere near where he was in terms of performance. Castagne hasn't been the same since his injury and even Ndidi hasn't really looked his usual self post injury. Then you have the fact Tielemans is running himself into the ground. 

The injuries to the first line fringe players like Justin, Fofana, Praet, Perez, on top os losing player like Maddison and now Barnes has stopped us being able to rotate as we would have to try and keep people fresh. 

Agree completely, which makes it even more frustrating we didn't manage to strengthen at all in January, again.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I know they're tired, my only point was it's not like we're playing fringe players. I dont think you could begin to contest that, as a squad we're threadbare. 

Hopefully we can safely navigate ourselves through the next two games and start to take advantage of actually having a week's break between games. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think it's because some people only see the surface, and/or lack imagination and/or lack empathy.

No lack of empathy at all, if you go back to the original quote and see the whole paragraph I acknowledge they're tired that wasn't the point of the post mate. 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I know they're tired, my only point was it's not like we're playing fringe players. I dont think you could begin to contest that, as a squad we're threadbare. 

Hopefully we can safely navigate ourselves through the next two games and start to take advantage of actually having a week's break between games. 

Not when fully fit they aren't, but I think a few of them wouldn't be playing, certainly not regularly if others were fit. 

The Praet injury was a massive shitter, as it scuppered so many ways we can change the team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No lack of empathy at all, if you go back to the original quote and see the whole paragraph I acknowledge they're tired that wasn't the point of the post mate. 

Then it wasn't aimed at you - I said 'some people', and moreover, I gave several possible explanations.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not when fully fit they aren't, but I think a few of them wouldn't be playing, certainly not regularly if others were fit. 

The Praet injury was a massive shitter, as it scuppered so many ways we can change the team. 

Yea, I agree. The praet injury made our midfield options alot less... thrilling. Despite the faults some like to find in him. He's a good player and would have helped out immensely right now. 

I don't suppose he's due back any time soon either? 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

44 minutes ago, Ricey said:

How were we happy to bomb out of the EL? Barnes was carrying a niggle and Ricardo & Castagne had just returned from injuries so couldn’t be risked. I’m not really sure what else we could have done.

There's no chance Rodgers was happy with the team he had to put out. Why would he want all of those three on the bench?

I'm sure he was as frustrated as anyone with the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I've made suggestions that our sports science has tailed off since NP left, not sure what's so triggering about that.

There I agree, but if you follow the ins n outs of the club...

Pearson Not only built up his close staff, but with support from the Club built up One of the best  club-Sports- science group, Maybe in Europe....

Ranieri in his arrogant wise self promoting self dismantled everything Pearson built up,since his "Unfinished buisiness" tenure.

Even Big clubs were envious...

Ranieri who was brilliant for us,went into blind arrogance & stated he Wanted & Preferred the Italian way....In doing so ,without any Inside Club opposition

was allowed to dismantle everything brilliant Sports-sciences wise the club & Pearson built up to support the playing staff off-field..

If anything in the recent past,if anything has Made me Really Angry against the club...It was this...!!

This issue for me is One Area I find myself Really Angry & criticism of high-management & owners on being Really blind

to modern necessities off-field Team support....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yea, I agree. The praet injury made our midfield options alot less... thrilling. Despite the faults some like to find in him. He's a good player and would have helped out immensely right now. 

People never mention his name when talking about our injuries but this is just as much a loss as any of the others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

The approach to the last two games was wrong and he admitted as much after Slavia. 🤷‍♂️

Sure, it was magnified by the injuries, lack of rest, lack of signings, etc, but the tactics were the final nail in the coffin.

Armstrong something doesn't accompany the full story....

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Gutted for Barnes but it can't be used as an excuse for that shower of sh1t today.

The team was good enough to win that game.

Another game where we have failed to defend at set pieces as well. Surely its got to be time for some coaches that match the quality of our training set up?

But  'this' Team carrying also alot of  baggage....Really wasnt Good enough no matter how hard you Squeeze your butt, and want it so...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I miss Praet! He is back training in a week, earlier than expected! Thank goodness. I miss our Belgian trio playing together.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Spot on!

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

There isn’t a chance in hell Liverpool or Manchester United let a player come to us. Sure we might ask, but it’s just not happening.

Teams abroad then. There was surely somebody we could've got in on loan.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Teams abroad then. There was surely somebody we could've got in on loan.

So someone another team doesn't want... they going to be good enough for a premier league team going for top 4? Bodies we have, we need quality. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

This is exactly what I was thinking - you can add Evans to the list who has been playing with a calf problem. The players that are on the pitch are playing with injury problems or they are running on empty (mentally and physically).  

It will be a huge challenge to break the negative momentum and accumulate some points between now and the end of the season. When we get back to 1 game per week we will have an opportunity for players to recover properly.

Burnley are up next and they are coming off a thrashing at Spurs. If we can deal with the set pieces (that’s a big if!) then this is a game we can win even low on confidence. 

Up until Arsenal realised their best line of attack was going at Thomas down the left wing, we seemed to be imposing the perfect masterplan.

Then, including body parts, everything snapped.

If anyone reading this has any inside access to the club, please check we still have the real Wilfred Ndidi?

Other than the pen, he's not in line for blame chase, but when his form swings that far away from average, we struggle to cope. 

I know this game sailed far too close in resembling many of 2020's close outs, but keep the faith. 

We’re down to the bare bones that’s for sure. There may be people to blame for that (sports science, recruitment) but in general I think it’s bad luck and a crazy season. We’re still in a good position but Brendan needs to find a way of playing (and winning) soon else we’re in real danger of falling away again. I wouldn’t particularly lay blame at anyone if that did happen. We still cannot compete with Man City and the other big boys in terms of squad and you just have to look at Liverpool to see what a few injuries to important players can do. Having said that I’ll be fvcking beyond gutted if we fall away again. Fvck knows what the answer is. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We’re down to the bare bones that’s for sure. There may be people to blame for that (sports science, recruitment) but in general I think it’s bad luck and a crazy season. We’re still in a good position but Brendan needs to find a way of playing (and winning) soon else we’re in real danger of falling away again. I wouldn’t particularly lay blame at anyone if that did happen. We still cannot compete with Man City and the other big boys in terms of squad and you just have to look at Liverpool to see what a few injuries to important players can do. Having said that I’ll be fvcking beyond gutted if we fall away again. Fvck knows what the answer is. X 

Another good post Rumble 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Babs is absolutely bang on.