Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-3 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

The approach to the last two games was wrong and he admitted as much after Slavia. 🤷‍♂️

Sure, it was magnified by the injuries, lack of rest, lack of signings, etc, but the tactics were the final nail in the coffin.

The Professional PL player, ups/changes those tactics onfield...Sorry, Rodgers Defends his players, but the method & Intensitycomes from

the players in the pitch..

If injuries are magnified and are the Major reason....Any tactics discussion then remains dead in the water...!!

So trying to Pick nonsensical points becomes useless debate....reoccuring Depleted squad fks up rythme,Timing & tactics...!!

30 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Bit IT IS EXACTLY THOSE INJURIES..that are causing the problems...also No Returns has been able to Kick on, so on avg we are missing 5-6 Elite players.

The team has no chance to build an on-field character or find either Team or individual rythme.Small Groups cant Build an understanding....!!!!

Where can you Blame Rodgers....This team, which we Dont have by the way is knackered, we dont have quality in depth, where those individual fringe

Players can easily Slot in...for more that 2 games...

To press & be on the Front foot, you Need a fully match fit team, which we havent had since November..if at all...

Our Top players have been Nursed & Patches up, and are now suffering...Team-sheet Bad been kept to  look pretty, but there is little to nothing there!!!

I Kompliment Rodgers & the recognized Quality players in forging their Way into the Top 3...If Shows the Quality exsists,but when every 2nd week,

The managers & Players dreams of creating & developing a Base group of players implode with Major Chronic injuries...The truth is your tactics

also implode...Other Top  teams complain when they miss 2-3, Player from a high Quality squad of 15 Or more players Plus another 5 above average...

We aint got that....*** We have potentially 5-7 high Quality player, Maybe 4-5 above average players....of those at least 7 have been hit by Chronic injuries,

Only just Returned & are still struggling..Plus 2-4 who have carried in with niggles...

We then Discover 2-3 players who have Jumped ahead of expected potential, then..wham!!!  Join the Chronic injury list...

After Early season progress, & tactics being shown to be successfull, then injuries ,and niggles are Compounded with a too a compact season,that Leads to

visable fatigue...How the fxxk, can One complain about tactics, or being forced on the back-foot, when we have Zero covering quality/avg Ressources

that can  be Mover in because they  too have injury problems....Because of having to respect the PL-clubs Covid bubble, we just cant Simply Drop in

potential young talent....

Its frustrating, but the meat of our squad has been Strippen to the bone, whilst trying ( being forced) to Plaster in those Elite players....

Hats off to Rodgers, in Keeping it low key & Not showing about it...But now the shit has hit the fan, probably since January...the effects are there,

individual players have still turned up & have their 100%, seen it Dwindle down to 75-90%, because rotation Ressources were Simply Not there

to Really Play high-Organe Top Level football... That important intensity with Tactics are then simply thrown out of the window...

Leicester..."Our"  team has competed, upset the odds for 3/4 of the season, but 1-2 injuries too far ( Now Barnes ffs), like a Bridge Too far,

like last season..we have crack-troops, but we have just been pounded, that our losses ,again shown even with Top rescources, you are Limited

once they are regularly taken out....Tactics mean Fxxk-All...

I Really want a complaining, continual negative fan, to come out und Show the World what they would of done, & prove it would of changed things..!!

And Please Dont tryy & say changing or bringing in One Maybe Two fringe/Academy players, would see us on the front & winning..!!

Rodgers tactics got us to compete Not for Top 7 but Top 4....

Because at the beginning of the season, all the trolls,know-alls und nay-sayers These same posters, were yapping we would be Lucky to see Top 10...

Now like vultures, they see a wounded prey....and 'their' game is on again... 

It's a really long post so if I forget to reply to a point I'm really sorry and feel free to call me out on it after. 

Today we started with players that most would have said was our strongest 11 even after the season had started. Except for Thomas, who I think people would have placed one of albrighton/perez in instead of and pushed Ricardo back of course. It wasn't a really weak side. Tired? Yea more than likely, but that's why you can't have us just sit on our 18 yard line chasing shadows, it's a game plan we've seen deployed a few times to alot of success this season but we were fresher. 

They say running after the ball is more tiring than having it, so set up with the plan of getting on the ball and playing it around abit, make it a slow tempo game. There was a period of play that ended with iheancho hitting a 30 yarder where they just let us have the ball. It was at either 1-0 or 1-1 but as soon as it went for a goal kick we instantly sat extremely deep again and had no outlet. (No outlet isn't vardys fault he can't beat 6ft odd cb's in the air.) We just needed more of that, a slow tempo passing game where we don't have to exert ourselves too much and just bore the game out. Dare I say it. A puel plan. 

If we're all going to heap praise on Brendan (and he deserves it massivley on the whole) we can't get upset with people that critique him either. Because his set up today and indeed in the European ties hasn't been good (he himself admitted as much about his approach to Prague) 

If anything I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to leicester, I still think we'll be playing in Europe next season and I still think it will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays but it doesn't change the fact that he got it wrong today in my opinion. Maybe my way wouldn't have worked maybe it would but people aren't less of a fan or a nay-sayer because they disagree with the approach to an individual game, you're also not more of a fan by just blindly following along. 

Tactics aren't **** all, they're everything. Or the best wouldn't get to the top of the game. You plan your game around the players you have at your disposal. 

I also at no point have said we'll be lucky to get top 10. I'm still thinking of second :thumbup: 

He got it wrong today it happens. Just have to dust ourselves off and move on. Time for some players to step up. 

Rogers himself would admit he still has alot to learn, he isnt the finished article yet. One thing that's been refreshing since he's been here is his acceptance he has to adapt and not just play one way. To admit that he makes mistakes. So it's OK for us to admit it too. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The Professional PL player, ups/changes those tactics onfield...Sorry, Rodgers Defends his players, but the method & Intensitycomes from

the players in the pitch..

If injuries are magnified and are the Major reason....Any tactics discussion then remains dead in the water...!!

So trying to Pick nonsensical points becomes useless debate....reoccuring Depleted squad fks up rythme,Timing & tactics...!!

When your backs up against the wall with injuries etc you need to foster a siege mentality and come out fighting not flit between arrogance against lesser opposition and timid stand off-ishness against tougher opposition. Either way we just end up letting the game pass us by rather than going out swinging.

The fact that we haven't got a first team right winger or competent back up to any of Vardy, Maddison or Barnes is the clubs fault not Brendan's though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

Sorry still not buying into that, if I recall the season we won the PL we had virtually no injuries and our starting eleven were virtually the same week in week out.

We were lucky to have so few injuries that season but we also went out of both domestic cups early (to Hull and Spurs) so pretty much only had the league to concentrate on.

This season is a funny conjested season as it is, and we've progressed a lot further in the FA Cup and have played in Europe.

To put it into perspective we've played 38 competitive games this season already and we're only in February. 

Yes its very disappointing to see the team play like they did today and Thursday, but we're looking at what's happening this season. We've now got 8 senior players out injured and a fair few others not playing at 100% because they've either not long returned from injury or they're running a tightrope between being fit or injured like Harvey was today.

Whether you believe they should be like this or not, the injury list speaks for itself. Something isn't right.

And its not just us this season, but we're certainly feeling the strain more than most. 

Its clear we need a few more players to put strong performances in week in week out and compete in the league, domestic cups and in Europe, but we've also got to remember not too long ago we were in the 3rd tier at our lowest point in  history. Now we're competing very well with established top 6 teams and upsetting the status quo.

I view this season as another stepping stone. I'm going to be hugely disappointed if we don't make the champions league, but I wont be blaming Rodgers or the players if we fall just short again. I've supported this team through such crappy times in the past, I can't bemoan things too much when I can see the injuries we have, and we're still 3rd in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Said last week we can't keep carrying these injuries and it's getting worse by the weekend. Terrible if we can't limp over the line to get CL given how we were seemingly happy to bomb out of the EL to gamble to get CL. Realistically need 9 points from the next 3 favourable fixtures. 

How were we happy to bomb out of the EL? Barnes was carrying a niggle and Ricardo & Castagne had just returned from injuries so couldn’t be risked. I’m not really sure what else we could have done.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Said last week we can't keep carrying these injuries and it's getting worse by the weekend. Terrible if we can't limp over the line to get CL given how we were seemingly happy to bomb out of the EL to gamble to get CL. Realistically need 9 points from the next 3 favourable fixtures. 

How were we seemingly happy ffs

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

what

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

How were we happy to bomb out of the EL? Barnes was carrying a niggle and Ricardo & Castagne had just returned from injuries so couldn’t be risked. I’m not really sure what else we could have done.

You're telling me the players and manager were arsed over those two legs lol.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Imagine if you went back in time to the day before the season started and showed your past self a list of all the injuries we would get this season...where you you have been predicting we'd finish? Think I'd have had us bottom 5.

Tbh after about 5 games I was cursing our luck and saying we just need to get through this season, when you consider the injuries it's remarkable that we even made it into the top 4.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Apologists for what, whom? Make an argument instead of using meaningless epithets about anyone who disagrees.

Do you ever post your own opinions, or do you just try and pick apart everyone else's? No wonder so many have you on ignore lol

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol

Fine, you can't.

Well, I'm not going to retort with epithets to you. Or with an emoji either. I am every bit as disappointed as everyone else, but the stack of injuries, the fixture pile-up and the exhaustion are taking their toll. That's no apology, that's stating the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in. Have mistakes been made? Probably. But who am I to think I would know what to do better? None of us has a clue, really, do we?

There you go, my opinion. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do you ever post your own opinions, or do you just try and pick apart everyone else's? No wonder so many have you on ignore lol

Have you got an opinion yourself that goes anywhere beyond accusing Rodgers and his staff of causing all our injuries?

2 hours ago, reynard said:

One big thing for me is our lack of leaders on the pitch. In 2016 we had Morgan and Huth and to a certain extent Drinkwater and of course Vardy. Now we just don't seem to have these types of characters.

What we have now is a test of character. When things are going against you you need to stand up and be counted, make yourself heard show some determination. Frankly I'm not seeing that in the last two matches. The fringe players have simply got to do better. In 2016 Ulloa didn't play all the time but when he did he made a difference. That sort of thing isn't happening now either.

Next 3 matches are all about belief and character. Good players don't become bad players overnight but confidence can soon go. I am worried this is happening. 5 points from the next 3 matches with our injury list should at least keep us in the mix. Anything less and we will be out of the top 4.

5 points against Burnley, Brighton and Sheff U would not be good enough, I fear, with much harder games to follow v Man City and West Ham. Suddenly we could be in a position where we've got 5 points from 6 games including today. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I've made suggestions that our sports science has tailed off since NP left, not sure what's so triggering about that.

Fair enough. Maybe you're right - who knows? I'm not triggered, I just think it's a bit odd to be desperately looking for someone to blame for something that is fairly obviously a consequence of the schedule. I'm sorry if you think that makes me an apologist but if the alternative is to start baselessly pointing fingers then I suppose I'll keep on apologising.

• Like 2