Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Burnley 1-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Burnley 1-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.0

Total Average Rating

164 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 8.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Hamza Choudhury 3.6
  4. Manager Confidence 94% +3%

Season: 2020/21
Voting Starts: 03/03/21
Voting Ends: 05/03/21

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Daniel Amartey
  3. Wilfred Ndidi
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Nampalys Mendy
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. Hamza Choudhury
  9. Timothy Castagne
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Wesley Fofana (sub)
  13. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  14. Sidnei Tavares (sub)

6 minutes ago, LVocey said:

People will i'm sure mark Hamza down massively from the mistake, but that could easily cloud how poor he was tonight.

I've never seen a player caught on their heels so much as they let a ball 1-2 yards away roll past them.

He really was poor, he can’t pass forward and is scared to run with the ball. He rarely tackles and really should of done better with his effort.

I am all for local players playing for the first team but in this case I would let him have an early holiday for 3 months 

• Like 1

I know we’ve got injuries but we just didn’t look good at all. Too defensive with Amartey, Mendy, Hamza and Wilf in the 11. 
Vardy’s pace has gone. I don’t care what anyone says, he’s gone. 
It’s all just too slow and rigid and nice. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I know we’ve got injuries but we just didn’t look good at all. Too defensive with Amartey, Mendy, Hamza and Wilf in the 11. 

Don’t know about nice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

It’s okay to say that, but who do we have fit enough to replace any of the players you listed?

8 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

You go brave like this...

D0BF728C-01C8-4C4F-8467-C076BA36F009.jpeg

If Fofana was fit enough for 90 mins he would have played 90 minutes.

You can’t just throw a young kid in away at Burnley - he would have been bullied out there, you have to introduce these players slowly and Under hasn’t really produced anything so far.

IMO this XI doesn’t see us score a goal.

Kasper had a good game but the saves were quite straightforward for him. Gave him a solid 8 tho for a solid performance.

Lots of our team battled hard against a physical team but the guys playing did ok considering most our injuries and players returning.

Last season we would have collapsed after that first goal so well played to the lads for digging in.

Hamza had the best non goal chance which he scuffed, better contact and that’s in.

Overall I think it was a decent performance against a defensively solid team and we created some decent chances.

I know Vardy did not play at all tonight, but the conundrum with excluding him is that he still SIGNIFICANTLY affects play.

Look at our goal, and ask where Tarkowski was. As play develops, Vardy drops deep and Tarkowski follows, leaving the middle wide open for Nacho. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Was Cags that bad, or did he just slip over twice?

He just slipped over twice.

Ndidi looked way more dodgy at centre-back than Soyuncu - and as bad as Hamza's pass was for the goal, Ndifi really didn't need to dive in for the tackle like that when Vydra was obviously going to beat him to the ball. He panicked and just went into a poorly timed tackle that allowed Vydra to easily beat him and it was schoolboy defending from him for their goal.

It gets glossed over a bit because of his assist though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Was Cags that bad, or did he just slip over twice?

I'm not going to drop him down too much for slipping.

On the rare occasions his distribution wasn't just back to Schmeichel or someone in the back 3 after holding onto it for 10 seconds - he invariably gave it away or played a loose pass. His quality and decision making on the ball has actually regressed quite significantly since his return IMO - there was a time where i thought his poise on the ball was similar to Maguire.

Also got caught underneath the long ball a few times, which again is starting to become a bit of a theme.

Not too worried yet about him though as we know the quality is there. He has always looked a bit suspect when we switch to a back 5 - and when your partners are Big Dan and Ndidi that doesn't help matters, 

Edited by martyn

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He just slipped over twice.

Ndidi looked way more dodgy at centre-back than Soyuncu - and as bad as Hamza's pass was for the goal, Ndifi really didn't need to dive in for the tackle like that when Vydra was obviously going to beat him to the ball. He panicked and just went into a poorly timed tackle that allowed Vydra to easily beat him and it was schoolboy defending from him for their goal.

It gets glossed over a bit because of his assist though.

It's almost as if Ndidi isn't a centre back. Who'd have thought it? 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

It's almost as if Ndidi isn't a centre back. Who'd have thought it? 

Yes, that's obviously self-evident which is why I didnt need to say it. He's a square peg in a round hole - we all know that. He's obviously a great defensive midfielder playing out of position though.

Not sure what that should have to do with anything though. Surely you rate players solely on their individual performance in the actual game, otherwise what is the point of these ratings?

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Yes, that's obviously self-evident which is why I didnt need to say it. He's a square peg in a round hole - we all know that. He's obviously a great defensive midfielder playing out of position though.

Not sure what that should have to do with anything though. Surely you rate players solely on their individual performance in the actual game, otherwise what is the point of these ratings?

Yeah I agree in terms of the ratings you can only judge him for what he did. Just don't think we can get onto him too much as past evidence has shown he's not a very reliable makeshift centre back. Not only is he not a very good centre half but we miss him so much in the midfield so it's a bit of a double whammy

Kasper 9 MOTM 

Tielemans 8 great player

Iheanacho 7 great goal

Fofana 7 what a player

Ricardo, Castagne, Mendy, Ndidi 6s, got on with the job.

Amartay 5 panics on the ball

Soyuncu 3 worst game in a City shirt, all over the place.

Choudhury 1 awful all night, passing & tackling the worst I’ve seen from a City player.

Vardy 4 been off the boil since Christmas, needs a long break to get fit.

Albrighton & Tavares 5s got on with it...