Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Lyrics you change

Are there any songs that for no good reason when you sing it you change the lyric. 

Just listening to A grand don't come for free by The Streets. The second song on the album is 'Could well be in' and the lyric is 'I saw this thing on ITV the other week saying that if she plays with her hair she's probably keen' which I rather childishly change to 'I saw this thing on ITV the other week saying that if she plays with her hair she's Robbie Keane' 

Always have done lol

Man this lockdown this needs to end! 

• Haha 1

Blink 182 - The Rock Show

Actual lyrics: When we said we were gonna go to Vegas, I remember the look her mother gave us
What I hear: When we said we were gonna go to Vegas, I remember the hook-up on the gay bus

Coldplay - Yellow

Actual lyrics: Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
What every Danish person hears: Jeg sked oh ja jeg sked en bums (In Danish, this basically translates to "I shat, oh yes I shat a pimple".) And it honestly sounds EXACTLY like that. The accent and everything. It's quite frightening really

Edited by VinceNoir
  • Haha 2

When my boy was about five years old he used to sing Bon Jovi's 'Living on a prayer' at the top of his lungs.

Instead of 'Gina works the diner all day' he'd sing 'Cheater wants to die of old age' for no apparent reason - which made us chuckle...:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2021 at 10:58, Izzy said:

Instead of 'Gina works the diner all day' he'd sing 'Cheater wants to die of old age' for no apparent reason - which made us chuckle...:D

Wow...I thought it was 'Gina wants to die of old age'....every  day is a school day👍

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Time this great idea for a thread was resurrected!

You've abandoned me, love don't live here anymore

Chicken Fricassee, love don't live here anymore.

Don't think I've ever sung the correct line of 'just a vacancy, love don't live here anymore' in my life and I've been listening to it for 40 plus years.

To anyone not alive in the 70's/80's, Chicken Fricassee was a catch all school canteen dinner, where they cooked up clearly left over chicken in a minging white sauce of unknown origin/ingredients served with rice. Feckin' awful it was.

This image wasn't far off from the shite we were offered at school, though I don't remember it having carrots. Rice was almost exotic in those days, so school 'dinner ladies' didn't know how to cook it for the most part.

A clump of over or under cooked white rice topped with white splat. Yummy.

Quick Chicken "Fricassee" for a Busy Monday Night ...

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Time this great idea for a thread was resurrected!

You've abandoned me, love don't live here anymore

Chicken Fricassee, love don't live here anymore.

Don't think I've ever sung the correct line of 'just a vacancy, love don't live here anymore' in my life and I've been listening to it for 40 plus years.

To anyone not alive in the 70's/80's, Chicken Fricassee was a catch all school canteen dinner, where they cooked up clearly left over chicken in a minging white sauce of unknown origin/ingredients served with rice. Feckin' awful it was.

This image wasn't far off from the shite we were offered at school, though I don't remember it having carrots. Rice was almost exotic in those days, so school 'dinner ladies' didn't know how to cook it for the most part.

A clump of over or under cooked white rice topped with white splat. Yummy.

Quick Chicken "Fricassee" for a Busy Monday Night ...

Oh, God, I remember it well; it looked and tasted like vomit! lol

• Like 1