Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

Just now, AKCJ said:

Just hope it's like the game yesterday and not completely spread out across the stadium.

Yeah I was surprised how dense the crowd was yesterday. Fully expected them to use the whole of the bottom tier. But I guess they're trying to simulate what it will be like when grounds are busy again, they'll learn nothing if everyone had a set of toilets and a food stand to themselves.  

• Like 2

Some of the responses on here beggar belief. The entitlement is astounding. NHS workers shouldn't be given tickets to 'my' Cup final because I've been supporting LCFC for X amount of years. Have a day off and think of someone else, who knows, it may give a neutral fan who has seen death and despair each day a break for 2 hours. We all knew it was experimental, why are you all so surprised and disgusted. I'm gutted, as it may not stretch to my priority, I'm just happy that some will be able to attend, if it gives an NHS worker a happy couple of hours then I'm all for it. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

There’s certainly no way that NHS staff should be getting tickets for this. They do a good job but so do loads of other people. Real fans should be prioritised 

No way should we be giving tickets to Real fans. Not after what their president came out with last week :cool:

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah I was surprised how dense the crowd was yesterday. Fully expected them to use the whole of the bottom tier. But I guess they're trying to simulate what it will be like when grounds are busy again, they'll learn nothing if everyone had a set of toilets and a food stand to themselves.  

Cockernees & Mancs. you cant get much denser than that :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Some of the responses on here beggar belief. The entitlement is astounding. NHS workers shouldn't be given tickets to 'my' Cup final because I've been supporting LCFC for X amount of years. Have a day off and think of someone else, who knows, it may give a neutral fan who has seen death and despair each day a break for 2 hours. We all knew it was experimental, why are you all so surprised and disgusted. I'm gutted, as it may not stretch to my priority, I'm just happy that some will be able to attend, if it gives an NHS worker a happy couple of hours then I'm all for it. 

The NHS workers do a great job, but it doesn’t mean we should put them above and beyond everyone else in every situation.

This is a cup final where the day out will mean a great deal more to the fans of the individual clubs than the neutrals, so now the experiment has taken place it would be a good idea for it to benefit the fans of those individual teams. 

I think your comment that it gives those who have seen death and despair a break for 2 hours to be well over the top, over dramatic and not atall balanced. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Because the number of supporters here is going to be vastly reduced on what it would be usually (not that the allocations are fair on fans of the finalists when Wembley's at full capacity either).

If you want NHS staff to be rightly rewarded for their struggles over the past year then tell your MP to vote for a pay rise for them. Giving a proportion of tickets to neutrals here would be feeble tokenism at the expense of genuine supporters, many of whom will also have faced awful struggles over the past 12 months.

So if you are not happy with the allocation then i suggest you write to the FA over the proposals and state your case. I am one of those genuine supporters that you speak of who has had to queue outside for Worthington Cup final tickets, it means as much to me as the next LCFC fan, only difference here is, I'm not being selfish due to the current situation. 

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

I think you have missed the mark completely here.

How does going to a football match make up for what an NHS worker has seen for the last 14 months?

Also, you said it’s not going to stretch to your priority. If it did, are you saying you would prefer it to go to a non football fan?

• Like 2

Why not give NHS workers a free day out at a Theme Park or something, or a Zoo. Free ticket to Alton Towers or a Safari park. I bet the majority of them would prefer something like that rather than a football match when A) they probably don't support either team and B) they couldn't give a monkeys about football anyway. 

Not saying that would apply to every NHS staff and I do think it's good to reward them but I'm sure there are better days out for them which they would prefer to do, by and large.

• Like 3

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I think you have missed the mark completely here.

How does going to a football match make up for what an NHS worker has seen for the last 14 months?

Also, you said it’s not going to stretch to your priority. If it did, are you saying you would prefer it to go to a non football fan?

May not go to my priority, if I miss out then so be it, that's life. I will know that someone else will be having a great day out instead of me and that's enough. 

It doesn't make up for anything, where have you got that from? I said it may give a couple of hours relief and enjoyment. 

2 minutes ago, smr said:

Why not give NHS workers a free day out at a Theme Park or something, or a Zoo. Free ticket to Alton Towers or a Safari park. I bet the majority of them would prefer something like that rather than a football match when A) they probably don't support either team and B) they couldn't give a monkeys about football anyway. 

Not saying that would apply to every NHS staff and I do think it's good to reward them but I'm sure there are better days out for them which they would prefer to do, by and large.

Unreal, I can't believe I'm replying to this. How could you possibly ascertain what NHS workers enjoy doing enmasse. 

But yes, give them tickets to wherever they want to go, I agree. 

Just now, BigMicky said:

Why not both?

If the events are being used a form of a test, the stadium operators will learn very little with non partisan fans. Their behaviour would be much different from those of the clubs. An England international answers both of a reward and that there would be an active support. There's also a high chance that tickets via the NHS are going to be skewed towards Chelsea fans given the locality. 

Popping along to a game where you don't really give a flyer about either team is no huge reward. I fully suspect that once we get about the 5th test event at Wembley; you'll find the demand from key words and local residents isn't that high. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If the events are being used a form of a test, the stadium operators will learn very little with non partisan fans. Their behaviour would be much different from those of the clubs. An England international answers both of a reward and that there would be an active support. There's also a high chance that tickets via the NHS are going to be skewed towards Chelsea fans given the locality. 

Popping along to a game where you don't really give a flyer about either team is no huge reward. I fully suspect that once we get about the 5th test event at Wembley; you'll find the demand from key words and local residents isn't that high. 

Just baseless waffle there. 

2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Just baseless waffle there. 

Debate or don't debate - just don't do it like an arsehole.

I don't have any issue with NHS key workers being granted tickets but reward it on the right games. Why don't the FA set aside 5k for one of the Euro games? Particularly the last 16 fixture, which no-one has purchased a ticket for?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So if you are not happy with the allocation then i suggest you write to the FA over the proposals and state your case. I am one of those genuine supporters that you speak of who has had to queue outside for Worthington Cup final tickets, it means as much to me as the next LCFC fan, only difference here is, I'm not being selfish due to the current situation. 

No, you're not being selfish - just utterly fvcking holier-than-thou about this.

You're branding your fellow fans as entitled for thinking they should get a ticket to attend one of the biggest games in their club's history over someone who may have barely a passing interest in football, let alone their club, all in the name of a token gesture.

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

Unreal, I can't believe I'm replying to this. How could you possibly ascertain what NHS workers enjoy doing enmasse. 

But yes, give them tickets to wherever they want to go, I agree. 

Do you not see the irony of this? lol

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

No, you're not being selfish - just utterly fvcking holier-than-thou about this.

You're branding your fellow fans as entitled for thinking they should get a ticket to attend one of the biggest games in their club's history over someone who may have barely a passing interest in football, let alone their club, all in the name of a token gesture.

Do you not see the irony of this? lol

Exactly, and you are all about me, me, me. I know which side of the fence I'd rather sit on.  

I get the irony, read through my posts, I keep saying if, don't deny people the opportunity of a nice day out. It doesn't shed you in a very good light. 

Edited by BigMicky

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Debate or don't debate - just don't do it like an arsehole.

I don't have any issue with NHS key workers being granted tickets but reward it on the right games. Why don't the FA set aside 5k for one of the Euro games? Particularly the last 16 fixture, which no-one has purchased a ticket for?

There are no right or wrong games, surely that is pretty obvious and reinforces my entitlement point. Yes you can go to football matches but you can't go to mine.......