Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Word going around we'll be allocated 7,000 tickets and it'll be based on priority points.

No Under 18s allowed.

And anyone who gets a ticket for the final will not get a ticket for the home league game with Spurs.

Just whispers right now.

This will be sickening as myself and 15 year old son are both season tickets holders with priority 1 away points. 

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Word going around we'll be allocated 7,000 tickets and it'll be based on priority points.

No Under 18s allowed.

And anyone who gets a ticket for the final will not get a ticket for the home league game with Spurs.

Just whispers right now.

I still think 7,000 tickets for "football family" is outrageous in these times. It's bad enough when the capacity is 90,000 and 30,000+ are corporate, but in this unique scenario you'd think they would want to give as many tickets to genuine fans as possible, especially after the events of this week.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

This will be sickening as myself and 15 year old son are both season tickets holders with priority 1 away points. 

Obviously I've seen you two before at away's all over before so pretty gutting for your son. I never understood why under 18's aren't allowed in.

With the above post reporting 7k I stand a chance but the fact that corporate are taking so many is disappointing too. I know they usually do but for this season you'd think they'd let genuine fans go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No Under 18s allowed.

Just whispers right now.

That seems totally unfair.

I believe my youngest is priority 1. Not looking forward to telling him this if it’s true. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Obviously I've seen you two before at away's all over before so pretty gutting for your son. I never understood why under 18's aren't allowed in.

With the above post reporting 7k I stand a chance but the fact that corporate are taking so many is disappointing too. I know they usually do but for this season you'd think they'd let genuine fans go.

Hope you’re ok bud. The age thing is to do with the government events research programme which says the clinically vulnerable should stay away. Also when talking about that subject it ‘advises’ under 18s to stay away too, so that’s where it’s come from. 
I hope you’re able to get a ticket. Hopefully we’ll get to see you next season. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's ridiculous from the government to ban U18s and the vulnerable. If you have been vaccinated or are negative then what does it matter. What are they testing? Will this become the norm that U18s will be banned from life. I think the U18s have been punished enough in the past year to protect those older/vulnerable.

Goes without saying that the club will have little input on criteria, only who they distribute those tickets they receive to based on priority points etc.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Must be a tricky one for parents not being able to take their kids. 

I don't think I'll have enough points, but it's hard to gauge as we never get these big allocations in the PL. When was the last time we had a similar number? 6,000 at Chelsea in 2012?

I know there’s more important issues right now than my own desire to take my son to a football match. But it’s what we do together, and it’s our escape. Its more than the football. In fact the football sometimes spoils the day, like when we got spanked on a freezing cold, wet day at Palace a couple of years ago. It’s part of our identity and of belonging to something. Seeing the same familiar faces. 
It’s what those responsible for the nightmare we’ve witnessed this last few days don’t get. The chance to dream.

We’ve missed just a handful of away games in the last 7 years, coming home early from holiday when Sky brought games forward to a Friday, and getting home in the early hours at times and telling mum in the morning we were home much earlier. 😁

The one dream I have unfulfilled as a Leicester fan is to watch them in the FA Cup final. My whole family have seen that, but I was born a year too late.

Many people will miss out and I fully realise that, but after Sunday we both thought we’d have a chance of living that dream, but if my son couldn’t go I just could not go either.
If tickets are allocated using the priority points system, and if this is true about no U18s being allowed, it would be totally gutting. 

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I still think 7,000 tickets for "football family" is outrageous in these times. It's bad enough when the capacity is 90,000 and 30,000+ are corporate, but in this unique scenario you'd think they would want to give as many tickets to genuine fans as possible, especially after the events of this week.

I think the other third not going to clubs would be for mostly NHS staff I would think and some corporates. So I think they would deserve it more. But let's see, I am sure there will still be some corporates in there in a good number but not as much as normal (percentage wise).

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think the other third not going to clubs would be for mostly NHS staff I would think and some corporates. So I think they would deserve it more. But let's see, I am sure there will still be some corporates in there in a good number but not as much as normal (percentage wise).

Don't get me wrong, NHS staff deserve the world, but I just think for a cup final they should be getting in as many genuine fans as possible.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's ridiculous from the government to ban U18s and the vulnerable. If you have been vaccinated or are negative then what does it matter. What are they testing? Will this become the norm that U18s will be banned from life. I think the U18s have been punished enough in the past year to protect those older/vulnerable.

Goes without saying that the club will have little input on criteria, only who they distribute those tickets they receive to based on priority points etc.

It’s based on the ERP government guidelines for pilot events to get crowds back into public events. So I don’t think it will be a long term thing, but the timing is painful. 

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am sure there are many "lifelong" supporters around who either have no season tickets or never go away games. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to put them ahead of people who have recently been following Leicester all over the place.

I accept that

So this is what I have just been told by someone at another club. 

1. No under 18’s

2. You will have to take a proper Covid test the day before the game. Not the home version. 

3. You must supply the email with the result of the test on the day to gain entry. No email paperwork, no entry whoever you are.

4. You must take another test within three days of the end of the game. 
5. Tickets will filter down to genuine fans as box holders etc will only be allowed two tickets.

The good news here ( if any) is that you will have to jump through hoops to be allowed to go Covid wise, so plastics are less likely to want to go if they have to go through all the testing.

The above applies to everyone, owners the lot, no email of result no entry, even Roman Abramovich. 

This person says these rules are set by government so they have to be followed, so you won’t get LCFC not allowing under 18’s and Chelsea doing so.

It may change I suppose, but when I asked someone at another club this is what I got back last night as to what is going to happen. It mirrors that of the carabao cup final he says. 

Edited by Rob1742

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

The U18 seems a bit illogical considering schools are open and kids are attending them? Aren't they at less risk anyway.

I wonder if it is to do with individuals personal health data being collected and this being a "test event" rather than a health based risk decision on U18s

• Like 1

Just now, thegaffer9 said:

I wonder if it is to do with individuals personal health data being collected and this being a "test event" rather than a health based risk decision on U18s

Could be, are they being excluded from all events like the Snooker, 5000 attending concert in Liverpool?

Just read this on Spur's website - as it's at the same venue it's likely to be exactly the same as for the FA Cup Final...

Important information before you apply

This event will form part of the UK Government’s Events Research Programme (ERP), used to provide key scientific data and research into how small and large-scale events could be permitted to safely reopen in line with the Prime Minister’s Roadmap out of lockdown as part of Step 4, commencing no earlier than 21 June.

Please take note of the following before applying for a ticket:

1. In order to attend the Carabao Cup Final and participate in the UK Government’s ERP, you must complete a consent form, which will be sent to all those successful in applying for a ticket. Tickets will not be distributed if you do not complete and return the consent form. For further details about the ERP and what will be required of you to support the research at the Carabao Cup Final, click here. For further information on the consent form and privacy notice, click here.

2. In line with the UK Government’s ERP protocol, anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to apply for a ticket to or attend this fixture.

3. We have been advised that supporters should not apply to attend this fixture if they are clinically extremely vulnerable, living with someone who is clinically extremely vulnerable or pregnant.

4. Any Season Ticket Holder wishing to apply for a ticket who has not yet completed our ID validation process must do so via eTicketing, before 5pm on Wednesday 14 April. If you have not submitted your ID by this time, your application will be unsuccessful. Pending submissions will still be considered.

5. All match attendees must undertake a lateral flow COVID-19 test 24 hours prior to attending the match and bring proof of a negative result (SMS text message or e-mail) with you to gain entry to the stadium, without exception. It is your responsibility to organise the lateral flow test, which can be done by visiting the Government’s website. For the avoidance of doubt, this test must be carried out at a rapid lateral flow test site – a lateral flow test taken at home will not be accepted. This service is free to use.

6. To aid the research, participants are requested to undertake a PCR COVID-19 home test prior to the event.

7. Participants are also requested to undertake a PCR COVID-19 home test again five days after the event. Details on how to receive a free home PCR test can also be found on the Government’s website.

It is the responsibility of our supporters to decide whether or not it is appropriate to attend this fixture. This decision should be based upon your own health status and susceptibility to infection, and that of members of your family, social bubble or, where applicable, your support bubble, together with an assessment of your own attitude to the potential risks.