Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That'd be extremely unfair for a lot of fans who live outside of Leicestershire who travel for home and away games.

They're deserving of the highest priority if anything. 

Plus these people are allowed to visit London from anywhere in England anyway at the moment, it wouldn't make sense to me.

Oh yeah big time rough. The travel hoops the fans that went yesterday had to jump through looked draconian. 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Oh yeah big time rough. The travel hoops the fans that went yesterday had to jump through looked draconian. 

Any info on how the travel was for fans yesterday? i know there was stuff about negative tests and multiple check points, im guessing the travel was watched every second of the way.

4 minutes ago, blurryface said:

Any info on how the travel was for fans yesterday? i know there was stuff about negative tests and multiple check points, im guessing the travel was watched every second of the way.

Only this information prior to the game from the Man City website -

Supporters travelling to Wembley Stadium from Greater Manchester or the surrounding area will be required to comply with the ERP and select a pre-determined method of transport either train, coach or car. At the point of ticket purchase, supporters must select - and if applicable purchase - their preferred mode of transport, subject to availability. This breaks down as follows:

• Train: 750 spaces priced at £80 for Standard Class and £130 for First Class
  • Coach: 750 spaces priced at £50
  • Car: 250 spaces

• Like 1

From Blue Moon -

The FA Cup final will be rh same as yesterday, all part of research which included observing level of mask wearing along with behaviour on the concourse etc. There were a lot of people watching / observing / asking people who comply.

What was bizarre is how stewards reminded people about masks in the open areas but did not in the concourse area which is more enclosed. Same getting back on the tube, where social distancing disappeared and fans were expected to then board covid secure trains.

The whole day was riddled with these inconsistencies and felt more like going on holiday with the number and level of demands for photo ID, test result and the like.

Personally I was glad to see a game after 14 months (and a win) but if these measures stay, it'll be the tip over the edge for me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Supporters travelling to Wembley Stadium from Greater Manchester or the surrounding area will be required to comply with the ERP and select a pre-determined method of transport either train, coach or car. At the point of ticket purchase, supporters must select - and if applicable purchase - their preferred mode of transport, subject to availability. This breaks down as follows:

There were a hell of a lot of area codes included - not just M. 

M, SK, BL, OL, WA, WN, PR, FY, BB, LA, CH, CW, BD, HD, and HX.

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Don't get it. This implies if you wanna go on train then you're all on the same train?

I went on train to Nottingham last week. My first train journey this year. Did not need any permission; could just book and go like pre-covid. What's the difference between that and me getting a Cup Final ticket and taking care of travel myself? Obviously in that instance I wouldn't be getting the train from Leicester.

Also, "Greater Manchester or the sorrounding area". Where's the cut off point? lol Merseyside, Yorkshire, Lancashire!?

1 minute ago, Craig said:

There were a hell of a lot of area codes included - not just M. 

M, SK, BL, OL, WA, WN, PR, FY, BB, LA, CH, CW, BD, HD, and HX.

Yeah what's there greater Manchester and Cheshire. You would be sick if you had the points and wanted to go but did not live in those areas.

I'm a STH living in North Wales. 390+ points. Me and the wife have booked trains on the Friday, return Sunday and booked an Air b&b. in Uxbridge. I'll be disappointed if not able to buy as I'm 10 miles from Wembley on the day. LL postcode, Rhyl.

12 minutes ago, Channies6thswan said:

Can’t stand much more of this 🙈

First I am panicking that my lad won’t get a ticket as he’s under 18 Now I’m thinking all 4 of us -(all priority 1) won’t as we live in Cheshire. 

its like being 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go. 🙈

If you are all P1 I would say you have an excellent chance IF they do the sensible thing which would mean giving you a proportionate priority for that group of people.

Spoke to a Man City mate of mine and he said it was relaxed as anything in the concourse and you wouldn't have known that there had been a virus. Said stewards were more 'stricter' in the seats though which doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

@BigMicky As a NHS worker, myself and most of my colleagues would prefer a decent pay rise.

We have had enough of pin badges, tokens gestures, most don't even want a reward as they love their jobs and helping people, they just want to be paid accordingly to the nature of the work and risk. 

Clap for carers, tickets for cup finals all very nice, don't pay the bills at the end of the month. 

I'm all for a hefty pay rise, it goes without saying. 

I just don't like the attitude of sure we can give extra rewards to the NHS but not at the expense of my cup final ticket.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I'm all for a hefty pay rise, it goes without saying. 

I just don't like the attitude of sure we can give extra rewards to the NHS but not at the expense of my cup final ticket.

I'm genuinely interested. When does it end? Do we allocate the NHS 10,000 tickets next season when it's full capacity? Will we have forgotten about them by then?

I think the crux is that this is a major final played in front of the most fans since March 2020. Both teams have a large match going support base. The objective should be to maximise the atmosphere we've been missing for 14 months, to return to normal.

Fans have been unable to go to watch the team they love with the people they love for more than a year now. Lopping off X thousand tickets to non-fans as a token gesture is going to stick in people's throat, especially if it could cost them a day out we've been waiting 52 years for.

Rewarding NHS workers could happen anytime. Why does it have to be now? I hope if you're so pro-NHS tickets this year, you'll be banging on the door for them to get free tickets at the expense of match going fans for every FA Cup and League Cup Final.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm genuinely interested. When does it end? Do we allocate the NHS 10,000 tickets next season when it's full capacity? Will we have forgotten about them by then?

I think the crux is that this is a major final played in front of the most fans since March 2020. Both teams have a large match going support base. The objective should be to maximise the atmosphere we've been missing for 14 months, to return to normal.

Fans have been unable to go to watch the team they love with the people they love for more than a year now. Lopping off X thousand tickets to non-fans as a token gesture is going to stick in people's throat, especially if it could cost them a day out we've been waiting 52 years for.

Rewarding NHS workers could happen anytime. Why does it have to be now? I hope if you're so pro-NHS tickets this year, you'll be banging on the door for them to get free tickets at the expense of match going fans for every FA Cup and League Cup Final.

The nhs were givenn league cup tickets... so they have been thanked