Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do get one in those circumstances so obviously would be happy in that instance but god, I seriously feel for those with an U18. I yearn for the day we bin these senseless rules.

Like I said above, it seems ridiculous to punish U18s. I don't know if there ever was an explanation from the government as to why they are excluding certain groups from these test events? If not, it would have been helpful to at least explain why they are doing this and discriminating against certain groups of people. I think some of the disability groups were a bit disappointed by the decisions too.

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Like I said above, it seems ridiculous to punish U18s. I don't know if there ever was an explanation from the government as to why they are excluding certain groups from these test events? If not, it would have been helpful to at least explain why they are doing this and discriminating against certain groups of people. I think some of the disability groups were a bit disappointed by the decisions too.

The only thing I can think of is there may be some data protection issue involving children?

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I know there’s more important issues right now than my own desire to take my son to a football match. But it’s what we do together, and it’s our escape. Its more than the football. In fact the football sometimes spoils the day, like when we got spanked on a freezing cold, wet day at Palace a couple of years ago. It’s part of our identity and of belonging to something. Seeing the same familiar faces. 
It’s what those responsible for the nightmare we’ve witnessed this last few days don’t get. The chance to dream.

We’ve missed just a handful of away games in the last 7 years, coming home early from holiday when Sky brought games forward to a Friday, and getting home in the early hours at times and telling mum in the morning we were home much earlier. 😁

The one dream I have unfulfilled as a Leicester fan is to watch them in the FA Cup final. My whole family have seen that, but I was born a year too late.

Many people will miss out and I fully realise that, but after Sunday we both thought we’d have a chance of living that dream, but if my son couldn’t go I just could not go either.
If tickets are allocated using the priority points system, and if this is true about no U18s being allowed, it would be totally gutting. 

I feel the same. We haven't quite done the hard yards you have, but enough for us all probably to get tickets... I cant go without the kids!

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I've no idea, but this is the culture we've bizarrely embraced.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

So this is what I have just been told by someone at another club. 

1. No under 18’s

2. You will have to take a proper Covid test the day before the game. Not the home version. 

3. You must supply the email with the result of the test on the day to gain entry. No email paperwork, no entry whoever you are.

4. You must take another test within three days of the end of the game. 
5. Tickets will filter down to genuine fans as box holders etc will only be allowed two tickets.

The good news here ( if any) is that you will have to jump through hoops to be allowed to go Covid wise, so plastics are less likely to want to go if they have to go through all the testing.

The above applies to everyone, owners the lot, no email of result no entry, even Roman Abramovich. 

This person says these rules are set by government so they have to be followed, so you won’t get LCFC not allowing under 18’s and Chelsea doing so.

It may change I suppose, but when I asked someone at another club this is what I got back last night as to what is going to happen. It mirrors that of the carabao cup final he says. 

Just been told by my contact at another club this maybe reviewed. It’s a moving feast and not sorted yet. It’s not set in stone yet and the age thing may not apply 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

So this is what I have just been told by someone at another club. 

1. No under 18’s

2. You will have to take a proper Covid test the day before the game. Not the home version. 

3. You must supply the email with the result of the test on the day to gain entry. No email paperwork, no entry whoever you are.

4. You must take another test within three days of the end of the game. 
5. Tickets will filter down to genuine fans as box holders etc will only be allowed two tickets.

The good news here ( if any) is that you will have to jump through hoops to be allowed to go Covid wise, so plastics are less likely to want to go if they have to go through all the testing.

The above applies to everyone, owners the lot, no email of result no entry, even Roman Abramovich. 

This person says these rules are set by government so they have to be followed, so you won’t get LCFC not allowing under 18’s and Chelsea doing so.

It may change I suppose, but when I asked someone at another club this is what I got back last night as to what is going to happen. It mirrors that of the carabao cup final he says. 

This is the current protocol (I know cos I was there on Sunday)

however, you’ve missed the match day pcr test (which is a home test you have to post off to a lab) and the post match repeat pcr test is five days afterwards.  I will say that there has been no follow up by the authorities re these pcr tests - I expect they only jump onto positives but how have they checked if you’ve carried out your match day test ?? I smell a bit of a charade away from the pre game test .......

On 22/04/2021 at 13:00, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Tickets will have clear names on them and you will have to produce photo ID at at least 3 checkpoints so unless it’s from the club or official channels there is little hope, I have a friend is the finance director of on of the main sponsors of the FA and he has been told little hope as they will be getting so few tickets 

Yeah I’m not naive mate, one of my avenues should get at least a nominal amount to ballot and the other one has over 50 caps for England.

As I said, I’m still (extremely)  doubtful. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

God I’ve missed this unsubstantiated panic for tickets. I’m probably about P3 and I’m looking for a sleeping bag to queue for a ticket

Actually did spend the entire night outside filbert street for a ticket to the Tranmere game, it was very cold 😂.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Actually did spend the entire night outside filbert street for a ticket to the Tranmere game, it was very cold 😂.

Haha I was about 30 minutes away from sleeping outside for a Bruges ticket, infact stating my intentions on here meant a few people actually did, before the ticket office felt pity on me and sold me the ticket at the end of the day before I was eligible.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, smr said:

Looks like it will be open to current season ticket holders only. With no u18s I wonder how many actual STH's there are.

4 hours ago, Illusion35 said:

I’ve been wondering this too!