Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

So turns out some little toe rag stole my flag from Wembley yesterday. It was down the front all the way until the end of penalties went to get it and its gone. 

I saw the England flag behind the goal, with “Ashley” written on it. I did wonder if it was yours, as you’ve said on here that you follow England home and away. 

Nicking your flag is a really scummy thing to do :dry:

2 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Mourinho has come out saying “Because don't ask me who, but I was told 100 per cent [sure] that one player that could be in this team and was not in this team, one of the reasons was because in the World Cup semi-final he should take a penalty and he refused.”

Is he talking about Vardy here? Surely not…

James ward prowse?

Just seen from the world cup...my bad!

Edited by slymunn

36 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

I saw the England flag behind the goal, with “Ashley” written on it. I did wonder if it was yours, as you’ve said on here that you follow England home and away. 

Nicking your flag is a really scummy thing to do :dry:

Yep this is mine... 

Screenshot_20210712-130958_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Ashley

7 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Mourinho has come out saying “Because don't ask me who, but I was told 100 per cent [sure] that one player that could be in this team and was not in this team, one of the reasons was because in the World Cup semi-final he should take a penalty and he refused.”

Is he talking about Vardy here? Surely not…

We didn't have a shoot out in the semi-final anyway?

Vardy hasn't played for England for three years, all the talk was journalists and pundits making it a story out of nothing.

21 hours ago, iancognito said:

I can pinpoint mine. 2010 when Rooney walks off the pitch moaning "it's nice to be booed by your own fans". We'd coped with things like Maradona in 86, the pens in 90 and 96 and even with things like Beckham getting sent off etc that was just bad luck and things going against us but 2010 was the point where I just looked at them as over-priviledged mercenaries out on a boys holiday. Most not even bothered about singing an anthem or doing an interview afterwards. And then that ungrateful scrote walks off the pitch moaning about fans that had paid their life savings in some cases to watch a pile of crap.

The current team is devoid of characters (whatever they do with their hair) and there's just no-one I can relate to or want to do well.

Those are not my reasons. Rooney getting booed is the sort of thing which has turned me off. How can so called fans do that to one of their own players ? I can't criticise any member of the current squad. Grealish, Rashford for example look like decent guys. I think for me that it's some of the England fans that have played a part in my divorce from the England team. I mean the noisy ones. They smell of something far right. Bigots, racists and just nasty. You just have to look at the scenes inside the entrance at Wembley yesterday. Never used to be like this. And then you get some politicians who dabble in the same politics just to get votes. 

Not blaming all England fans. Just the noisy minority. 

It's strange..

In the Olympics I'll be cheering on Team GB.

Yet, I really wanted England to fail in the Euros!!.. couldn't bear to watch most games because of the cringeworthy hype and embarrassing media coverage.. footballs coming home rammed down your throat every 5 minutes etc!!

Why is it this is an English desease?..

Wouldn't it be so much better for bringing the UK back together that in the World Cup we have a GB football team!.. don't understand why this can't happen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wouldn't it be so much better for bringing the UK back together that in the World Cup we have a GB football team!.. don't understand why this can't happen?

I reckon a GB football team would have the opposite effect. There would always be the inevitable 'why have they got so many players in the squad type question. I suspect you may be :fishing: though...maybe not.

Anyway, why would you combine England and Scotland's proclivity for agonising exits? Can you imagine the carnage? If you do that, they may become the first team in history to be knocked out in the group stages on penalties.

The Welsh would probably have the most understandable reasons for rejecting a GB team anyway, they tend to over achieve whenever they qualify and might not want to hitch their star to the two bigger countries wagon.

9 hours ago, Corky said:

We didn't have a shoot out in the semi-final anyway?

Vardy hasn't played for England for three years, all the talk was journalists and pundits making it a story out of nothing.

Yeah I think he meant if it did go to penalties that somebody refused - probably is a story out of nothing but the only player that never played for England after that was Jamie...

I wondered if it was Dele Alli or Danny Rose because of the Spurs link with Mourinho but they were capped a few more times - Jamie didn't take a pen in the Colombia game either. 

I would be shocked if true because doubt Vards would do that

England fans and bandwagon jumpers make me despise the England national team at times. Being patriotic and the way our country does it is cringeworthy. 

The World Cup is much better, but these Euros have been embarrassing beyond belief. Can’t wait for the Prem and Leicester to be back in action. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, enmac said:

Those are not my reasons. Rooney getting booed is the sort of thing which has turned me off. How can so called fans do that to one of their own players ? I can't criticise any member of the current squad. Grealish, Rashford for example look like decent guys. I think for me that it's some of the England fans that have played a part in my divorce from the England team. I mean the noisy ones. They smell of something far right. Bigots, racists and just nasty. You just have to look at the scenes inside the entrance at Wembley yesterday. Never used to be like this. And then you get some politicians who dabble in the same politics just to get votes. 

Not blaming all England fans. Just the noisy minority. 

Yet you're still a Leicester fan after some of the treatment weve given to our players? Haha

Can someone explain to me what “brought the country together” means? I think all the problems that this country has still exist even without a few football matches, and I don’t feel like I’ve been brought into this new amazing country wide unity and one world love view. Why has this all turned into politics and Covid now? It’s so dumb. 

5 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

England fans and bandwagon jumpers make me despise the England national team at times. Being patriotic and the way our country does it is cringeworthy. 

The World Cup is much better, but these Euros have been embarrassing beyond belief. Can’t wait for the Prem and Leicester to be back in action. 

You're absolutely right.

We've all had a glimpse into the future and seen what England has become and where it's heading..

And my goodness it's an ugly, scary image.

21 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Can someone explain to me what “brought the country together” means? I think all the problems that this country has still exist even without a few football matches, and I don’t feel like I’ve been brought into this new amazing country wide unity and one world love view. Why has this all turned into politics and Covid now? It’s so dumb. 

I’ll be honest I was feeling the togetherness and real passion up until the disgusting ugly side of our country reared it’s head on a monumental scale. Gone from feeling so proud to feeling quite ashamed of our nation. It’s turned embarrassing 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

It hasn't "brought the Country together" but football is the one thing that everybody gets behind.

I'm not really bothered about people jumping on the bandwagon, yeah they talk shit sometimes but to see everybody get behind one thing is great and football does that. You don't get it in any other Sport.

The only football I really enjoy or follow is Leicester, I couldn’t really care much about international football or other clubs. Saying “football brings us together” is just a cliche load of nonsense. It only brings over patriotic stupid people who support rubbish clubs teams together, in this country anyway. The culture of supporting England is grim and depressing. 

After seeing some of the videos going around of drunk blokes fighting, smashing things, exposing themselves and basically behaving in a toxic and juvenile way I’m definitely turned off from England. I know there are tw@ts associated with every team, but England seems to bring out a special kind of tw@t. 
Leicester all day long for me