Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's no way that an FA Cup winning goal can be matched by an England winning goal today.  Not a chance.

And that tells you all you need to know.

Good shout mate. That tielemans goal will never be topped. 

Having said that, today is HUGE and will be unreal scenes if we win it. Absolutely buzzing for it. The excitement I’m feeling this morning is close if not identical to how I feel on the day of a big city game.

No need to choose though lads you can enjoy both…which I gladly do. 

COME ON THE 3 LIONS 

If it was between Leicester winning the fa cup and England winning the euro's... i'd go for the fa cup.

If it was between Leicester winning the league cup next season and England winning the euros.... then England winning the euro's... Leicester have quite happily lifted the league cup three times.

If it was between Leicester winning the league next season and England winning the euros... then narrowly go with England... due to the fact we have won the league more recently... while England have waited 55 years for glory again. 

Why not both? i have followed england for longer than i have leicester. i got into to football properly quite late, and that was only when my brother took me to filbert street, but i have memories of watching england in tournaments before then. i want to see them both do well, always have, always will. besides, england play when the season is over, more football is always good

Leicester. But for today; England.

I don't think it helps that our players very rarely get international recognition but as soon as we sell them, they are absolute shoe-ins for a game (for England)

Other nations don't have this mental block/snobbiness toward Leicester; fortunately.

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If it was between Leicester winning the fa cup and England winning the euro's... i'd go for the fa cup.

If it was between Leicester winning the league cup next season and England winning the euros.... then England winning the euro's... Leicester have quite happily lifted the league cup three times.

If it was between Leicester winning the league next season and England winning the euros... then narrowly go with England... due to the fact we have won the league more recently... while England have waited 55 years for glory again. 

Give your head a wobble !  We’re in a much better place to build on a league win now than we were five years ago ….. could set us up for decades and cement us a prem side that simply won’t get into relegation trouble ……

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

You missed one:

England winning the euros or City winning the Europa League? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

You'd really take England euros over another league win for us? 

I really can't understand that. I don't think there's any team in the country right now, bar Man City, who would choose an England win of 7 game cup over their home town winning the most coveted league in the world.

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Not sure why people are saying 'why not both' the whole point of this thread is to answer the question which team would you prefer to win a trophy?.

It's the same every time any harmless "would you rather have x or y?" hypothetical gets asked, quite odd.

"Do you prefer sweet or savoury?"

"What are you talking about you idiot, why can't I have both?"

"****ing hell, sorry I asked."

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

because it is possible to not prefer one thing over another. 

I don’t actually think it is, no.

You might want both to do well (it seems we all do) but when there are two options you will always have a preference for one.

You might not be able to articulate that as clearly as others are doing on this thread because the preference isn’t so great but, gun-to-your-head and asked to choose, you would always be able to make a choice (i.e. have a preference) whether you went down the route of objectively assessing one against another or simply gut feel.

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I don’t actually think it is, no.

You might want both to do well (it seems we all do) but when there are two options you will always have a preference for one.

You might not be able to articulate that as clearly as others are doing on this thread because the preference isn’t so great but, gun-to-your-head and asked to choose, you would always be able to make a choice (i.e. have a preference) whether you went down the route of objectively assessing one against another or simply gut feel.

this particular choice isnt as clear as say,, do you prefer coffee or tea? everyone has a preference over what drink they like in the morning, but to me, leicester or england is like asking if i like football or football

Guest StevieLynex

In my lifetime, the national side has competed in 25 tournaments (World Cup/ European Championships), including this one. This is the first final we have reached. During the same period, Leicester have won the Premier League and the FA Cup. One side has over achived, whilst the other has badly underachieved. Teams like Denmark, Greece,Czechoslovakia, Portugal, France, Germany,Spain, Italy, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Holland have won tournaments - many of them quite a few times! Others like Belgium, Croatia, Turkey, South Korea, Poland, Uruguay, Sweden, USSR have reached semi-finals.

Nothing can ever replicate us winning the Premier League and, to a lesser etent, the FA Cup.

Winning tonight would be great, but it's a sobering thought (excluding the media hype) that our trophy cabinet would be marginally better than Tottenham's in recent decades, representing years of gross underachievement and abject failure

If it was a World Cup win I think it would be a different matter, the Euros are not such a big deal.

I think most people would like both, trophy for the Foxes and a win for England, as it is a long time since England won anything.

Edited by Dorkingfox

Would be absolutely buzzing if we won today but give it a few weeks and I’ll be over it and obsessed with next season.

Winning the league > Winning the Cup > England winning tournament > winning the championship/CL quarters , is my order of preference 

Guest StevieLynex
11 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Would be absolutely buzzing if we won today but give it a few weeks and I’ll be over it and obsessed with next season.

Winning the league > Winning the Cup > England winning tournament > winning the championship/CL quarters , is my order of preference 

If we win today, feeling will be similar to us winning League One - expected

1 hour ago, cheshamfox17 said:

I am one of the 4%, I love Leicester but I think there is something so special about how England brings the country together.

I totally respect and understand the 96% though of course

Last time the country was this united about football was probably wanting us to win the league in 2016.

I thought I'd be mildly excited by now but I've been the same all the way through the tournament. With no Leicester representation in the squad, I'm just not arsed if they win today or not.  I just can't bring myself to back the likes of Grealish, Henderson, Sterling etc that I've usually got no good words for when they play us.

• Like 3