Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

I probably would've struggled to answer that a few years ago. Always very interested in England and thought we'd a chance to win something, my hopes were high,  where as winning anything significant with Leicester seemed a pipe dream. 

The shambles of the last few tournaments prior to WC 2018 diminished my enthusiasm and of course we've won 🏆 

Living away probably didn't help, although it's not impacted my support for all things LCFC.

I wasn't excited or nervous for tonight, where I was a wreck prior to the FA Cup Final. Absolutely desperate to win it. 

I'm still gutted we missed top 4 this season and last, it still hurts. I'm over the Euro Final defeat already. 

Definitely voting to want LCFC to win another trophy.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 4

Like others have said, I can go from ‘horrid loss’ to ‘very proud’ with England quite quickly. Leicester on the other hand dictate my mood. They’re with you every week and with that obsession comes a want for the best for them and emotional attachment.

Leicester for me.

• Like 2

We all know Rodgers has trouble every now and then with team changes , but I think Southgate got the gold medal , he brings two players on so they can take a penalty,with seconds left to play , they no chance to get a touch or even warm up no wonder both missed and to top of his gold medal performance he gives a rookie 19 year old the last kick , but will he be called I doubt it 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

We all know Rodgers has trouble every now and then with team changes , but I think Southgate got the gold medal , he brings two players on so they can take a penalty,with seconds left to play , they no chance to get a touch or even warm up no wonder both missed and to top of his gold medal performance he gives a rookie 19 year old the last kick , but will he be called I doubt it 

He didn't want to risk them coming on sooner and maybe have them win the game in extra time... Far too risky! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rashford should have been on after 90 minutes for me. Also very hard not having had much of a touch in the match for either Sancho or Rashford to take a decent penalty. 

Never mind. The proper stuff starts again today when we return to training. 

• Like 1

If Rogers turned in a performance like Southgate did last night, there would be a Poll up and running on here this morning.  What did he tell the Team at half time??   And the penalty shoot-out is an excellent example of how 'not' to go about it.    Disappointing, but Leicester mean more to me personally. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Agreed, gourmless comes to mind.

• Like 1

Most dedicated England fans appear to be desperate glory hunters who follow teams like Crewe and Coventry who are never going to win anything. Nice to be able to feel a little smug supporting a top Premier side with two major trophies  in the last five years 😊

• Like 1

This England team still has potential, need to develop the attacking strengths the team appears to have, is Southgate good enough to step up to the next challenge? It’ll always be Leicester over England, but England doing well is good for the general feel good factor across the country and during the summer is a good diversion to speed up the time between end of season and pre season! 

Gotta love group therapy threads like this.  Is it a competition to see who can have the edgiest take or something?

I was more devastated at our u18's losing 8-0 to Fulham in May than England losing last night.  That sort of thing?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Gotta love group therapy threads like this.  Is it a competition to see who can have the edgiest take or something?

I was more devastated at our u18's losing 8-0 to Fulham in May than England losing last night.  That sort of thing?

Did they? I didn't know that. Cheers for making a rough morning even worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mourinho has come out saying “Because don't ask me who, but I was told 100 per cent [sure] that one player that could be in this team and was not in this team, one of the reasons was because in the World Cup semi-final he should take a penalty and he refused.”

Is he talking about Vardy here? Surely not…

12 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

Mourinho has come out saying “Because don't ask me who, but I was told 100 per cent [sure] that one player that could be in this team and was not in this team, one of the reasons was because in the World Cup semi-final he should take a penalty and he refused.”

Is he talking about Vardy here? Surely not…

No way imo 

Got to be Leicester every time for me, feel good when we win, down if we lose. Take a close interest in team news.

England, if we win great, if we lose just okay.

Not keen on Southgate as manager, we seem more interested in not conceding rather than attacking.

Got his tactics wrong in the second half yesterday, as for his late substitutions, what a joke!

Don't get so worked up watching England play compared to when watching the City.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

No contest. 

I was struggling to get patriotic before last night nevermind after. 

This country is on a slow decline in terms of values and decency and I can't currently find an ounce of pride in it

Absolutely right!!...

I had a weeks ban by the most powerful mod known to man because I expressed the same views... today's England is an embarrassment of a place and the morons in that crowd last night epitomised all that is wrong with this Country right now!

So pleased Italy shut the clowns up!

• Like 2

This is not really a debate IMO, we support one of the best run clubs in the world, with a brilliant manager and likeable, motivated players who have achieved miracles. Vs the world's most corporate, distant national side: serial underachievers who have all the resources in the world, yet have won nothing for getting on for 60 years through a series of bad management and poor mentality.

Chalk and Cheese - can't believe there's a single Leicester fan who is more proud of England than us.

• Thanks 2