Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

Obviously voted Leicester, but having a group of mates that support different clubs England games are a bit of a unifying thing to go to the pub for, Cricket, Rugby, tournament football.

England qualifiers and friendlies have always been crap. Excluding a few notable games, we're expected to qualify with ease, so anything other than a dominant performance is a disappointment and there isn't much satisfaction in sticking 5 past San Marino.

If the majority of my mates were Leicester fans I'd probably have 0 interest in England if no Leicester players are playing. Would rather watch Belgium or Nigeria.

While it is Leicester all the way for me, I still want England to win all the tournamnets possible.  I can not sit down and watch these pointless qualifiers though.  What is the point in a team like England having to play San Marino and Albania?  Completely one sided and dull.  Can you imagine how pissed off you would be if one of your players was injured playing in a pointless match like that.

I don't agree that our players would not have been picked for the last squad though.  Southgate has been to a lot of our matches this season and has mentioned Justin, Barnes and Maddison in interviews. For sure Barnes would have got in ahead of Lingard and I see no reason why Maddison would not have got in ahead of Bellingham for instance.  They may struggle to get into the Euro squad but that is not a slight on them or Leicester, more of a fact we have a number of gifted players in their positions at the moment.

On 28/03/2021 at 18:32, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

But does anyone really support England ? I genuinely don’t anymore. I always thought of England supporters as a cockney thing. I think 2006 World Cup was the ending for me. I genuinely only watch England if a Leicester players is playing. Yesterday I watched Belgium because of the 3 Leicester players. 

I've noticed that when you see England flags in the crowd (remember those?) you'd never see the words Man Utd or Chelsea or Arsenal, or indeed Leicester City or Southampton; it'd always be something like Altrincham or Bury. I guess it's because they don't get to see top class football on a regular basis.

• 3 months later...
On 29/03/2021 at 20:15, Fox85 said:

The 17 that voted England must be absolute weapons.

I can safely say I haven't watch 1 England game since that idiot Southgate took over as manager and I ner will... he will not take them anywhere and it will just end in disappointment. He must be the most unqualified person in terms of football managers and ge got the top Job.

Honestly Ritchie Wellans would be a better choice than him.

So yea all in all Leicester anyday over England 

Talking about weapons…. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm still saying leicester, the FA cup final had me completely in pieces and I don't think this could recreate that, if the Euro final has me the same then I'll change my view.

Yeah this is the acid test for me. I remember watching games at the end of last season where I was genuinely on the edge of my seat and getting so involved in the game. I even remarked to my girlfriend during the semi against Denmark about how relaxed I was in comparison. 

International football has lost a lot of excitement for me, tbh. It peaked with the Brazil world cup. Some mad games (7-1) and just the right mix of everything.

But the last few years have really shown what FIFA and UEFA are all about. Plus the bloated state of the tournament. 

If we win tonight then that's great but I won't feel bad if we lose.

• Like 2

Hard to say as it’s changed a bit. The last decade with Leicester City has been simply an incredible experience after an incredible experience.

That being said I always used to get mega excited for England at the Euros and World Cups (and bitterly disappointed too!).

Because England had only really got to the quarters before, the last World Cup really got to me for the feel good “football coming home” factor, the penalty shoot out win, and the fact the route to the final presented a real tangible hope that England could get to the final and just maybe win the thing. 

The past 2 years have felt different, Leicester City have made me mad anxious with their league performances and League Cup and FA cup runs. Covid has meant Ive probably watched far too much football on tv and the pandemic has just drained me (like everyone else of course).

Also while I appreciate England are efficient and superb so far at not conceding, I feel (rightly or wrongly) that Southgate isn’t making the most of his attacking players in favour of defensive pragmatic football. I just believe England can be more attacking without giving the impression they’re sacrificing any defensive solidity. But then again, Southgate is England manager and I’m just a fan.

I was an absolute wreck at the FA Cup final and aside from the League win, I can’t recall a more draining game, especially when it was nearly snatched away at the death. While I’ve enjoyed the Euros and England getting through Ive not felt any of the same anxiety that I used to and have just simply enjoyed the games. Absolutely I’ve still celebrated as much but I don’t have that same dread any more. Guess club football matters more these days! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want England to win it of course I do and I’m really looking forward to the final tonight. BUT…

I don’t feel restless with nerves. I don’t find myself hoping and praying that this be the day we finally lift the trophy. I’m fairly confident that I’ll celebrate an England goal emphatically, but it won’t be a Tielemans reaction. If England lose I’ll be disappointed, but I doubt I’ll be gutted as I would have been if we’d have lost the FA Cup final. In short, it’s just no FA Cup final feeling. That tells me it’s Leicester ahead of England. 

• Like 2

It would be nice for England to win.

But if you'd have offered me an FA Cup win with Leicester or an England Euros, there'd be no hesitation in siding with the club.

I'd get over an England defeat with a single pint. Losing in the cup final would have wrangled with me all season (and beyond)

20 minutes ago, TK95 said:

It would be nice for England to win.

But if you'd have offered me an FA Cup win with Leicester or an England Euros, there'd be no hesitation in siding with the club.

I'd get over an England defeat with a single pint. Losing in the cup final would have wrangled with me all season (and beyond)

If you offered me an England Euros win or a Leicester League Cup win (something that we’ve won a few times before), I’d still go for Leicester success.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If you offered me an England Euros win or a Leicester League Cup win (something that we’ve won a few times before), I’d still go for Leicester success.

Honestly I'd take Leicester winning the Community Shield over England winning the Euros.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1