Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Last time the country was this united about football was probably wanting us to win the league in 2016.

I thought I'd be mildly excited by now but I've been the same all the way through the tournament. With no Leicester representation in the squad, I'm just not arsed if they win today or not.  I just can't bring myself to back the likes of Grealish, Henderson, Sterling etc that I've usually got no good words for when they play us.

For me, I find it easy to love those players because they are great people. What Sterling has done for the fight against racism, what Rashford has done for fighting food poverty and what Henderson has done for the NHS and LGBTQ football fans shows what a great bunch of people they are, which helps me to put club rivalries to one side

• Like 2

I think the difference for many people, maybe why they don't get the buzz for England as they do for Leicester is perhaps because, unlike Leicester when you see them every week home and away. England is rare to see plus it doesn't help that nearly every single game is at Wembley. I wasn't so keen on England when it was run by the Tottenham mafia.

Edited by Leicesterpool

England are just a thing for me, I take particular interest in our lads if they are playing, but otherwise I’m indifferent about England, lose today and I won’t be bothered really, Leicester loose I’m ****ed off for ages. The passion I have for Leicester couldn’t ever be matched by any other team/sport. Plus, I ****ing detest Harry Kane… my dislike for him is vicious and unnecessary, but it won’t change I can’t stand the twat. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WarehamFox said:

There is not a single England player I would like to get a winner’s medal. Maybe Rashford but the rest are egotistical. 

The thing is, its really not about the players, its about the Country 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

I’m i the only one that doesn’t feel patriotic and couldn’t give a dam tonight! In fact looking forward to the charity shield more. It’s hard to patriotic when the teams full of *wank**rs* and the country’s full of scandal from the royal family/government etc! It’s not easy to feel patriotic like it once was 

I feel similar although not as strongly as you but I think you'll find the team has always had it's fair share of willy pullers and the country's been full of Royal and Government scandal it's just that it never got into the papers/media as they were owned indirectly by the politicians  or connected people. I think there was also an unwritten rule in the media not to report on certain stuff and today with the internet there's 1000's of would be 'journalists' and attention seekers to fill the vast amount of media space.

On 28/03/2021 at 18:38, Nick57 said:

Suppose depends on your age. Watched the1966 final, but have completley lost interest now in international since the turn og the century

Hopefully we beat Man City in the FA cup final in revenge for 1969

Same here. Can't put my finger on it. Definitely started in the last 20 years. 

Walker had hookers around his family home which is bad enough! But had them around during lockdown! Maguire beat up Greek police and ignored young Leicester fans wanting autographs, chilwell is a smug and he’ll be like John terry tonight if they win, grealish broke lockdown rules 5 times that we know of, kane/Sterling dive like everyone else! But it doesn’t make it right. Outside of that your being patriotic for your country! But when the royal family has racist/pedo, government officials breaking lockdown rules. I’m not proud to be English. So supporting them just doesn’t exist 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

If it was between Leicester winning the fa cup and England winning the euro's... i'd go for the fa cup.

If it was between Leicester winning the league cup next season and England winning the euros.... then England winning the euro's... Leicester have quite happily lifted the league cup three times.

If it was between Leicester winning the league next season and England winning the euros... then narrowly go with England... due to the fact we have won the league more recently... while England have waited 55 years for glory again. 

Karl Pilkington Bullshit GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Not even close for me.  Obviously hope England win tonight, but lose and I'm over it 30 seconds later.  City lose any game and I'm gutted and takes me 2 or 3 days to get over it.  The buzz I had from city in the fa cup final was 10 times what I feel for tonight. 

🏆👍

I would love England to win but as I said on another post I don't go and watch them, I can't get that excited. That's a big part of football for me, and the reason I would never encourage my kids to support a team like United or Liverpool. It's just not the same.