Leicesterpool

All or Nothing Leicester City

I've been watching alot of football documentaries such as All or Nothing Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland Till I Die even far back as Big Ron Manager which makes you think would you like to see a fly on the wall documentary about your club.

Or would you rather not know what goes on behind the scenes in fear of changing an opinion on someone.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Not for me, I’d rather not know. Those sort of things are about as far away from our owners as you can get.

They’re all about look at me, how great am I and then coming off looking like a bit of a lemon.

I would much rather we stick to quietly and professionally going about our business.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah, not for me.

I'm sure it's just coincidence but whenever there's a documentary on a sports team, that team does horrifically shite or ends in misery for that team. Spurs, Sunderland, Juventus, Mumbai Indians in IPL.

Worked out ok for Man City... Bayern getting one this year too so depending on the CL that won't be a curse.

Actually most of the NFL ones the team has done ok. But I do reckon that there is the potential for it to be very disruptive so definitely some merit to your theory.

I could imagine if Netflix and Amazon prime existed in 2010 they would have been one with Sven. The idea of an ex England manager coming to a championship club with new wealthy owners hoping to get the club back to the premier league.

Edited by Leicesterpool
3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I could imagine if Netflix and Amazon prime existed in 2010 they would have been one with Sven. The idea of an ex England manager coming to a championship club with new wealthy owners hoping to get the club back to the premier league.

Why didn’t they make one with Steve McLaren joining Derby as Mel Morris invests further money into them hoping to get the club back to the Premier League? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Worked out ok for Man City... Bayern getting one this year too so depending on the CL that won't be a curse.

Actually most of the NFL ones the team has done ok. But I do reckon that there is the potential for it to be very disruptive so definitely some merit to your theory.

Forgot about Man City's. That was a really good watch to be fair.

Didn't know Bayern were in the midst of one!

I think if they did do one, I think I'd rather it be in the similar format as Sunderland Til I Die. Due to fact the programme wasn't just based in the dressing room or training ground. They spoke to staff around the club as well supporters. The balance was perfect. In the Spurs documentary it's more like just the training ground and the dressing room, you may get 10 second like clip of the fans but otherwise there's not much.  

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Forgot about Man City's. That was a really good watch to be fair.

Didn't know Bayern were in the midst of one!

Neither did I until I wanted to prove you wrong lol.

I found the Man City one great at first then a bit dull since they had little to play for. Pains me to say it but Spurs' was actually really good (especially when you knew they were going to fail).

Still, nothing comes close to Sunderland Season 1. I genuinely think that is a documentary to show to non-football fans to show them why a silly game is so important at times.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Coincidentally (or perhaps not), I saw the ones on the Browns, Bengals and the Jets, and each team went on to be crap that season (or, in the case the Browns, just crappier).

43 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

All these documentaries are made for people who don’t actually like football. They can be interesting in terms of the behind the scenes footage, but the constant dramatisation grates me. 

After "Being Liverpool" Rodgers will be wanting full editorial control. :plancque:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I've been watching alot of football documentaries such as All or Nothing Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland Till I Die even far back as Big Ron Manager which makes you think would you like to see a fly on the wall documentary about your club.

Or would you rather not know what goes on behind the scenes in fear of changing an opinion on someone.

The best one was Barry Fry at Peterborough. Absolutely ripped his players something rotten! lol