Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
23 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Can’t be the only one that just doesn’t care either way? Everything about football is becoming so tedious 

I agree that it’s all becoming tedious and it puts you off the whole thing but the best thing about us winning the league was watching us in the champions league the following season……now you would basically have be invited 

8 minutes ago, Torten said:

Few teams coming out of the woodwork rejecting their place in the Super Greed. Anstey Nomads probably put theirs in soon

Nice. Absolutely fantastic announcement by Bayern FC (this is why the German 50+1 ownership scheme is good). Lyon and Marseille ofc rushed to accept the abomination (Lyon is in a relegation battle..), the 3 Portuguese teams also accepted it and that's it. 

The question is can UEFA still apply punishment/sanctions against these Supergreed teams? Imo they can despite the court ruling. 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s the end of the game for the regular match going fan, if you’re only playing in the super league, people won’t be able to afford to go home and away every week. For a lot of fans, that would be the end of the away day as we know it.

The Fa Cup and League cup would be gone - if not immediately, very soon after the implementation of the competition these clubs would pull out. 
The thrill the likes of Anstey Nomads get when they play their first qualifying match, knowing if they get the right draw and a bit of luck they could get the opportunity to go to Anfield, Old Trafford etc. gone.

Slowly, these big clubs are taking away everything that is loved and every great part of football culture and eventually they will kill the game completely.

Saturday 3pm kick-offs, Fa Cup Replays

2 legged cup ties, spontaneous celebrations, it’s all slowly disappearing so a few pricks can get richer…

The Super League is a new Champions League as opposed to Premier League.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes of course there is, something truly catastrophic in fact, just not for those who leave. As much as the other 14 clubs would like to shrug it off or deny it, if those 6 left, it would impact the value of the EPL hugely. The knock on effect is to reduce revenues across those that remain and I cannot imagine the Super League is that concerned about the other pyramid levels we hold so dear.

See my last post.

The concept of the Super League is that the clubs create a new Champions League. They would still like to play domestic football. They want out of UEFA.

Just now, AKCJ said:

The concept of the Super League is that the clubs create a new Champions League. They would still like to play domestic football. They want out of UEFA.

I think everyone is aware of that, aren't they?

The 6 leaving should be removed from the league in my opinion rather than opting to leave. The only reason they're interested in leaving UEFA isn't because of some misguided sense of honesty and misjustice. They're not bothered about corruption. They want to leave to feather their financial nests and, in doing so, will look to become more financially stronger than any of the other 86. They want to ringfence the money pond in a way that ruins competition.

I'd happily back any movement to view The Premier League as tied to UEFA competition insomuch that attempts to leave the Champions League (which still resembles a meritocracy) qualifies you for removal from your domestic league.

Who cares if they 'would still like' to play domestic football? The Super League in its very planning is an attempt to denigrate domestic football. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

See my last post.

Ah ok, but still imagine main energies would be directed to this Super League and the Premier League will become a secondary competition.

(goes and reads last post)

Fair enough

Edited by Dahnsouff

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think everyone is aware of that, aren't they?

The 6 leaving should be removed from the league in my opinion rather than opting to leave. The only reason they're interested in leaving UEFA isn't because of some misguided sense of honesty and misjustice. They're not bothered about corruption. They want to leave to feather their financial nests and, in doing so, will look to become more financially stronger than any of the other 86. They want to ringfence the money pond in a way that ruins competition.

I'd happily back any movement to view The Premier League as tied to UEFA competition insomuch that attempts to leave the Champions League (which still resembles a meritocracy) qualifies you for removal from your domestic league.

Who cares if they 'would still like' to play domestic football? The Super League in its very planning is an attempt to denigrate domestic football. 

The responses I got made me think people didn't realise.

Not really sure why UEFA need to be the controlling force of international club football in Europe more than anyone else to be honest. I think they've shown they're as corrupt and as greedy as anyone else.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Ah ok, but still imagine main energies would be directed to this Super League and the Premier League will become a secondary competition.

As above - the financial rewards of this will mean that the Premier League becomes effectively, a closed shop. More-so than it is even now. 

Make no mistake; that's what these clubs want. Us...Villa...any team challenging the monopoly NOW has a bit of a chance. The clubs signing up to this want to take that small slither away. Remove from the domestic leagues and force their hands. They can have competition or they can have wealth.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Not really sure why UEFA need to be the controlling force of international club football in Europe more than anyone else to be honest. I think they've shown they're as corrupt and as greedy as anyone else.

I entirely agree with UEFA being corrupt and greedy. However, they still operate club competitions as a meritocracy. We faced zero opposition in qualifying for the Champions League and had access to that prize pool. The Super League wants to control access to the prize pool and, resultant of that, will have a negative impact on competitiveness in the Premier League. Where would Kevin De Bruyne of the future want to play? 

It's a step towards American franchising of teams and the closed shop super-bowlery that owners like Boehly want to see. It's a good job there aren't 14 American owners in the Premier League right now...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, boots60 said:

I think they should start a new super league where no actual football is played & the winner is the club with the most money. Relegation for the clubs with a poor bank balance & promotion for the minnows who have actually made a profit.

A league table of chairman vileness would be fun, too. Clearly the Turkish lads are right up there, but we have plenty of candidates in the Premier League

• Like 1

This won’t go away will it! 

But the proposed structure… I don’t think it works.

The problem I can see is the two top groups of 16 are still relatively closed shop, meaning you’re going to end up with pretty much the same fixtures all the time… which would soon become quite boring.

This structure also seems to play alongside existing leagues, which would then make squad management nigh on impossible.

I also think, you put Barcelona and Real Madrid against Europe’s top tier clubs week in, week out they face relegation more than they face winning it! 

Edit to add: Calling the leagues “Star, Gold and Blue” doesn’t do much for the credibility for this set of proposal’s either!”

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why would it do that more than the Champions League already does?

Because qualification for the Super League is predicated on past Super League performance. The big 6 could finish wherever they liked domestically and would still qualify. It would absolutely kill domestic football as we know it.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah they are crap but we’ve seen how bad a competition managed by the clubs is in the Premier League. For example if you look how UEFA dish out the TV money compared to PL

Edited by CosbehFox

More I think of it, the more I consider this format is a non-starter as clubs realise where they might sit in the structure.

There’s 16 spots for the top, top league, so who gets them? I’ve made a random selection below as an example; 

1.) Real Madrid

2.) Barca

3.) PSG

4.) Bayern

5.) Man Utd

6.) Liverpool

7.) Juventus 

8.) Inter Milan

9.) AC Milan

10.) Ajax

11.) Athletico Madrid

12.) Manchester City

13.) Porto

14.) Benfica

15. ) Dortmund

16.) Napoli

Then consider the big teams missing that would absolutely throw their toys out the pram at not being included at the top end.

Then consider I’ve been conservative in only naming 3 Premier League sides.

That would probably mean at least 3 (say Chelsea, Arsenal & say Spurs) others would be included in the tier below and that in no time at all you could conceivably have 6 English sides out of 16 competing in the top tier European Super League.

This format is not good for the clubs that are looking at this as a way to compete financially with the Premier League.

30 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This won’t go away will it! 

But the proposed structure… I don’t think it works.

The problem I can see is the two top groups of 16 are still relatively closed shop, meaning you’re going to end up with pretty much the same fixtures all the time… which would soon become quite boring.

This structure also seems to play alongside existing leagues, which would then make squad management nigh on impossible.

I also think, you put Barcelona and Real Madrid against Europe’s top tier clubs week in, week out they face relegation more than they face winning it! 

Edit to add: Calling the leagues “Star, Gold and Blue” doesn’t do much for the credibility for this set of proposal’s either!”

I hate the idea too, but sadly there are people out there who openly want this. I remember at the world cup when Croatia beat, having to listen to jumped up influencers complaining that we had been robbed of a Brazil / Argentina game and that Croatia were somehow undeserving of it.  There are many who would be happy for any of the big clubs or countries just to play each other over and over.