Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Is there anything really that bad with it if the following is implemented?

• No benefits for the clubs that are forwarding this idea (no relegation, extra money etc).
  • No automatic spot. Places to be earned via both domestic and super league performances.
  • Ability for Anstey Nomads to theoretically play in it one day.
  • Prize money to be shared via performance level.
  • Appointment of independent regulator to govern rule changes (not sure how possible this would be - just can't stick the idea that Florentino Perez controls football more than he already does).

50 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Because qualification for the Super League is predicated on past Super League performance. The big 6 could finish wherever they liked domestically and would still qualify. It would absolutely kill domestic football as we know it.

See my post quoted above. I think the Super League is a good idea if those proposals are implemented.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

More I think of it, the more I consider this format is a non-starter as clubs realise where they might sit in the structure.

There’s 16 spots for the top, top league, so who gets them? I’ve made a random selection below as an example; 

1.) Real Madrid

2.) Barca

3.) PSG

4.) Bayern

5.) Man Utd

6.) Liverpool

7.) Juventus 

8.) Inter Milan

9.) AC Milan

10.) Ajax

11.) Athletico Madrid

12.) Manchester City

13.) Porto

14.) Benfica

15. ) Dortmund

16.) Napoli

Then consider the big teams missing that would absolutely throw their toys out the pram at not being included at the top end.

Then consider I’ve been conservative in only naming 3 Premier League sides.

That would probably mean at least 3 (say Chelsea, Arsenal & say Spurs) others would be included in the tier below and that in no time at all you could conceivably have 6 English sides out of 16 competing in the top tier European Super League.

This format is not good for the clubs that are looking at this as a way to compete financially with the Premier League.

and some of the clubs mentioned in your post have said they dont want it and wont take part either,pretty sure more will come out and go against it too.

the real Madrid chairman is massively pushing it and we know its not going to be for the fans either, look at the pre-season tournament they have, just be a tinsel version of that.

they can try and sell it anyway they like, for me its a turd wrapped in tin foil with tinsel on, either way its still a turd

Let Real and Barca play in their 2 team league, we'll everyone else laughs at them

29 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah they are crap but we’ve seen how bad a competition managed by the clubs is in the Premier League. For example if you look how UEFA dish out the TV money compared to PL

The Premier League is probably the second best run sporting competition in the world after the NFL in terms of viewership, funds, sponsorships, fan engagement and prestige.

Every young footballer in the world wants to play in the Premier League. I would say it's disingenuous to say that the Premier League is a concept that doesn't work.

Premier League is actually funded quite evenly and fairly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

I think they should start a new super league where no actual football is played & the winner is the club with the most money. Relegation for the clubs with a poor bank balance & promotion for the minnows who have actually made a profit.

already have mate. It’s called entrepreneurship. 

To get to the gold tier you have to be a bank and no matter how shite you are, the government will bail you out at the expense of the people you’ve fleeced for their whole lives. 

This league is the end of underdogs. I mean they say say they will devide the league ınto 3 parts and you can get promoted and relagated and let me ask how can the teams outside the Top 5 leagues can be ın the top area? Braga, Legia Warszawa, Galatasaray, Molde...... there ıs so many club that aiming the UCL as for money and clashing with the Class Teams like Real Madrid, Bayern Münih, Manchester City...... Don't they have a right for that? They will stuck ın the C or B and the others on the A will take all the main part of incomes and the other things..... 

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s basically barcalona and real fed up and scared of premier leagues wealth and domination, any English clubs that sign up to this need to be aware that it is their money they’re after. 

Ironic given how Real Madrid & Barcelona have consistently been attracting the biggest stars and even poaching them from the PLs top clubs (Henry, Bale, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Coutinho, Suarez, Hazard etc).

Except Man City and PSG it seems no club can really truly compete with them.

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s basically barcalona and real fed up and scared of premier leagues wealth and domination, any English clubs that sign up to this need to be aware that it is their money they’re after. 

The same teams that started the basketball Euroleague which killed the domestic leagues, led to bankruptcy a lot of basketball teams and hundreds of them struggling now financially. Closed, permanent contracts for all these "big" teams in Euroleague, they have destroyed any competition and killed any chance of smaller teams to even dream they'll compete against these sharks. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The Premier League is probably the second best run sporting competition in the world after the NFL in terms of viewership, funds, sponsorships, fan engagement and prestige.

Every young footballer in the world wants to play in the Premier League. I would say it's disingenuous to say that the Premier League is a concept that doesn't work.

Premier League is actually funded quite evenly and fairly.

You mean a structure where the big six get by far the largest slice of the TV deal? 

I have read comments on the BBC that some support the idea that the big clubs provide all the entertainment and no Interest in watching Luton and the like. This to me are people that don't really understand what football and the pyramid in this country is about. The worst game of last weekend was Liverpool v Man U so go figure 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I have read comments on the BBC that some support the idea that the big clubs provide all the entertainment and no Interest in watching Luton and the like. This to me are people that don't really understand what football and the pyramid in this country is about. The worst game of last weekend was Liverpool v Man U so go figure 

It long ago stopped being about the football itself, tourists follow brands, not style, results or tables. 

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Thing is, I think if this is to take off, they’d need the Prem clubs, the Bayern’s, PSG’s and the top Italian sides as part of it - and if that was to happen, I couldn’t see Barca and Real dominating like they do in La Liga. 

Would they really be happy being also rans in an elite league? 

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Thing is, I think if this is to take off, they’d need the Prem clubs, the Bayern’s, PSG’s and the top Italian sides as part of it - and if that was to happen, I couldn’t see Barca and Real dominating like they do in La Liga. 

Would they really be happy being also rans in an elite league? 

They’d still have La Liga as I think the idea is that this still runs alongside the domestic competitions.

It would be interesting for Real who have easily been the most dominant side in the CL/European Cup. They’d be jettisoning their legacy and history in that competition for this