Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Why did the PL clubs even entertain the super league? Look at the standings… they got what they wanted this year anyway…

Top spenders and wage spends occupy the top 6 slots. Boring.

Just now, KFS said:

Why did the PL clubs even entertain the super league? Look at the standings… they got what they wanted this year anyway…

At the full time whistle Henry, Glaziers, Perez and Agnelli will rise up from the centre circle of Anfield, Bond villain style you think?

23 minutes ago, KFS said:

Because they’re greedy. Nothing will ever be enough for those billionaires.

53 minutes ago, KFS said:

So they can stop the likes of Newcastle joining the party permanently 

• 1 year later...

Anyone watching the presentation regarding the new format? I think I’ve just been sick in my mouth

”during the consultation regarding the new format it was felt teams could perform well on the European stage but not domestically forcing them to miss out on the European stage the next season, this is unfair, unsporting and goes against the merit of free football for the fans”

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Anyone watching the presentation regarding the new format? I think I’ve just been sick in my mouth

”during the consultation regarding the new format it was felt teams could perform well on the European stage but not domestically forcing them to miss out on the European stage the next season, this is unfair, unsporting and goes against the merit of free football for the fans”

Just need to fix this immoral relegation aberration, and then all is well with the world. 

Any club that wants to go, thinking that the regular fan wants to see their club in this should put their resignations in and **** off.  I hope the whole concept around it crashes and burns.  Who wants to watch a back slapping procession of football year in, year out with no chance for anyone else to join.

I will not watch a single second of it and if we as a club ever considered being involved then I would no longer be able to support us.

I want to watch games against Cov, Derby, the Manchester clubs etc on a national basis.  Sure I would love to see us play against Barcelona but in the Champions League, not at the expense of derby games against local rivals. 

Football is so corruptly broken and out of touch with the real fans.  Just pound signs everywhere and no morals.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Staggering how greedy clubs strive to eek more cash. If you have the same so called glamour sides playing each other too often surely the lustre will fade

Not at all. Just need to add new banners and a new scandal every other week, and this shit will just run and run.

Is there anything really that bad with it if the following is implemented?

• No benefits for the clubs that are forwarding this idea (no relegation, extra money etc).
  • No automatic spot. Places to be earned via both domestic and super league performances.
  • Ability for Anstey Nomads to theoretically play in it one day.
  • Prize money to be shared via performance level.
  • Appointment of independent regulator to govern rule changes (not sure how possible this would be - just can't stick the idea that Florentino Perez controls football more than he already does).

1 hour ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

thats funny as ****, gives big teams a free pass to do crap and still play in europe, morons

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

• No benefits for the clubs that are forwarding this idea (no relegation, extra money etc).
  • No automatic spot. Places to be earned via both domestic and super league performances.
  • Appointment of independent regulator to govern rule changes (not sure how possible this would be - just can't stick the idea that Florentino Perez controls football more than he already does).

Yes of course there is, something truly catastrophic in fact, just not for those who leave. As much as the other 14 clubs would like to shrug it off or deny it, if those 6 left, it would impact the value of the EPL hugely. The knock on effect is to reduce revenues across those that remain and I cannot imagine the Super League is that concerned about the other pyramid levels we hold so dear.

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In theory or by another name all of those things are already in place through the domestic and Champions leagues apart from the regulatory side which FIFA and UEFA have shown they're completely incapable of being. I don't want the likes of Perez controlling the game but equally Infantino has been proven to be just as corrupt as Blatter before him. And there's no way these clubs are doing it for the greater good of filtering money into the pyramid. They already complain about the percentages they give to the grass roots. They're doing it to shore up their own accounts and revenue streams. I doubt any of the owners or chairmen involved have ever watched any football match below a top flight level.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It’s the end of the game for the regular match going fan, if you’re only playing in the super league, people won’t be able to afford to go home and away every week. For a lot of fans, that would be the end of the away day as we know it.

The Fa Cup and League cup would be gone - if not immediately, very soon after the implementation of the competition these clubs would pull out. 
The thrill the likes of Anstey Nomads get when they play their first qualifying match, knowing if they get the right draw and a bit of luck they could get the opportunity to go to Anfield, Old Trafford etc. gone.

Slowly, these big clubs are taking away everything that is loved and every great part of football culture and eventually they will kill the game completely.

Saturday 3pm kick-offs, Fa Cup Replays

2 legged cup ties, spontaneous celebrations, it’s all slowly disappearing so a few pricks can get richer…

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 2