Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cup Final day

I have a couple of questions for City fans

First is , considering how few tickets the club is likely to get, what is the fairest way to allocate them? My own preference would be on the basis of matches attended in the past ( the priority scheme). The club might consider a ballot but that would possibly see some who have never been to an away game getting a ticket while others who have followed the club home and away missing out. Thoughts?

If you can’t get a ticket, would you travel to Wembley just for the atmosphere and find a decent pub?

Finally, how much would you pay for a ticket if one was available? If you had one, how much money would you want for it if somebody offered to buy it from you?   I’m not endorsing ticket touting by the way, just curious.

1 minute ago, brisfox said:

I have a couple of questions for City fans

First is , considering how few tickets the club is likely to get, what is the fairest way to allocate them? My own preference would be on the basis of matches attended in the past ( the priority scheme). The club might consider a ballot but that would possibly see some who have never been to an away game getting a ticket while others who have followed the club home and away missing out. Thoughts?

If you can’t get a ticket, would you travel to Wembley just for the atmosphere and find a decent pub?

Finally, how much would you pay for a ticket if one was available? If you had one, how much money would you want for it if somebody offered to buy it from you?   I’m not endorsing ticket touting by the way, just curious.

You mean like based on coefficient type of thing??!!  😐😐

12 minutes ago, brisfox said:

Good luck with that search. 

Seems to me that the only fair way of distributing tickets is on the basis of attending matches in the past, which will exclude me as I haven’t been to a live game since Watford away in 2016 (wonderful day out that was!)

If I got my hands on a ticket I might sell it for a couple of hundred thousand, but I’d have to think hard about it - largely on the basis that we might get there next year, with a full Wembley!

Edited by LanguedocFox
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LanguedocFox said:

Good luck with that search. 

Seems to me that the only fair way of distributing tickets is on the basis of attending matches in the past, which will exclude me as I haven’t been to a live game since Watford away in 2016 (wonderful day out that was!)

If I got my hands on a ticket I might sell it for a couple of hundred thousand, but I’d have to think hard about it - largely on the basis that we might get there next year, with a full Wembley!

Sorry, what? :blink:

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

the best solution is for Jim to send all the tickets to me and then I will allocate them according to my own  foxes talk positivity rating. - this merges positivity, humour (especially in defeat)  and a sound belief in four at the back

If that happens, just FYI I am passionate about 4 at the back ...

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

Sorry, what? :blink:

I did say I’d have to think about it. 🤫

But let’s face it, the City of 2021 is galaxies away from where we’ve been during the time I’ve been a fan. A lot of the time it’s been a choice between Cup and survival - and a lot of the time we got neither.

I’m looking forward to 15 May and I hope we tonk Chelski big time. But if we don’t, I genuinely think there’s always next year. And that’s a first for all of us.

1 hour ago, brisfox said:

Finally, how much would you pay for a ticket if one was available?

Probably a couple of grand.

I've got a kidney and /or a couple of kids for sale that could fund it :thumbup:

I think the tickets should be allocated using the priority system usually in use for away games. Even though that means I will probably miss out despite being a long term STH, as I’ve not been to enough away games. If this is the case,  I hope people with lots of priority points only buy tickets if they definitely plan to attend, rather than buying them with a view to selling them on for mega bucks. 

If I was somehow lucky enough to have a ticket I wouldn’t sell it to anyone for any amount of money.

If I was able to buy a ticket from someone with a genuine reason for being unable to attend, if I’m being completely honest I would be prepared to pay a reasonably large amount of money as I’m sure lots of people would.  I am still paying off my credit card for my trip to Madrid in the champions league as shelled out for hospitality tickets lol! 

19 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I wonder if someone might put up a big screen in Leicester for it considering how many people won't be able to go. 

Seriously? Do you not think they don't want large crowds is the reason many people won't be able to go?

13 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

Seriously? Do you not think they don't want large crowds is the reason many people won't be able to go?

just a thought...we known spread of covid is very very low in open air and half the country have been vaccinated. Add in hand gel and masks and to me that is fairly low risk...but your risk tolerance may vary!