Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think they need to make allowances for players like Adli who are playing every week for a promotion chasing team like Toulouse, need to put more weight into the points you gain from appearances I think

The only way you could possibly do that is by minutes played and individual stats? Or you could throw in multiple serious injurys if the players had any (sounds discriminatory but is a valid point I reckon)

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The only way you could possibly do that is by minutes played and individual stats? Or you could throw in multiple serious injurys if the players had any (sounds discriminatory but is a valid point I reckon)

The exceptions panel will actually look at if injuries hindered a players ability to make up the amount of points needed - If it was a player like JJ who played every minute of every game in the first half of the season but missed the entire 2nd half of the season through injury they would be able to make an exception and give him the amount of points he would have probably got if he wasn't injured

I just find it a bit stupid that if a young South American player plays a couple of games in the Copa Libertadores he somehow gets more points for that than Adli does for playing pretty much a whole seasons worth of French 2nd division football

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

On 04/08/2021 at 19:11, SecretPro said:

People laughed a few weeks ago when I said Villa would finish above us this season...

They have a good squad on paper. It remains to be seen whether they all gel and whether the tactics they employ get the best out of what they have.

We have a good squad in practice. Plenty of evidence over the last couple of seasons to demonstrate that fact.

We'll have to see, but as always the first ten games will tell us a lot about most clubs prospects

2 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Are you Mystic Meg? She never got much right ;) so will wait and see.

I literally have no idea at all but just trying my hand at this ITK business. If I get both right, then I am going to dine on that success for the next 10 transfer windows  :fishing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Not twitter, but I don't know where else to put this...

Just turned on sky sports news to some villa expert saying they'll soon be signing Ndidi...

:blink::crylaugh:

Best get their largest cheque book out then. I’d expect they’d have to use one of those massive cardboard cheques, like what you see on children in need!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turlo said:

Romano responded to the rumour about Leicester being in for Lingard as a replacement for Madders. It's not a new interest according to Romano 

image.png.d39e774401f2a955d6c464343f879916.png

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1424816903403540480?s=20

To be honest, you could have asked me that same question, and I’d have been able to answer it with the same amount of certainty and wooliness as he has!

Basically, it’s all ‘if, buts and maybes’. Complete conjecture.

• Like 1

If Maddison were to go, I can see Lingard coming in as a 'ready-made' replacement who, because of the poor resale value, we'd keep extending his contract and use as a squad player well into his thirties. But I think in the next one or two windows we'd still be in for a young up-and-coming player for the same position who can slot in but who can also be taken out of the firing line.

1 hour ago, AmyLGK said:

Not twitter, but I don't know where else to put this...

Just turned on sky sports news to some villa expert saying they'll soon be signing Ndidi...

:blink::crylaugh:

He works for the Athletic. He actually said he wanted a strong defensive midfielder like Ndidi - but continued by saying, not Ndidi as they would never be able to buy him.

• Haha 2