Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

What is a club like ours? I think we have assembled a group of talent that you would expect at a top six Premier League club. That's what the club is. 

A club not in the champions league and with a budget considerably smaller than our competitors. It’s arguably a stronger midfield roster than the majority of CL teams, in the Premier League who has an all round better set of midfielders? Maybe Chelsea and City? Basically because of Kante and de Bruyne being the standouts in their positions in the world. 

I don’t think we can argue Leicester are on the same level as Manchester United or Liverpool in many ways (in the most important measure, points, we are close!), but our midfield is arguably better than theirs. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Just curious but why are people so confident an announcement is coming today? I must have missed something 

Leicester social media have been doing a countdown to today.

Can’t link it as I’m not as sm savvy as my lad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Leicester social media have been doing a countdown to today.

Can’t link it as I’m not as sm savvy as my lad.

lol so this is  likely to be just a release of the new goal keeper 3rd strip 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agreed. Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Soumaré, Praet and KDH is a sensational set of midfielders for a club like ours. (Assuming Praet stays, but that spot could easily be Mendy, expect Hamza to go) 

Praets spot could never be taken by mendy or hamza or anyone else for that matter in our sqaud. Hence left footed RW is very relevant as a summer recruit with praet to link up with with the new RW and CM. You can't put anyone else in the position. By all means sell him next year and by another.

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Selling a player that isn’t starting is rarely that straightforward, unfortunately. 

He's a full Belgian international whose last manager called him the best MF in Serie A.  The rest of the footballing world knows Praet's value even if Rodgers doesn't - selling him won't be difficult.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

lol It was genuinely just an accidental coincidence wasn’t it 

Guess we'll never know. Could be a coincidence, could be that they were teasing an announcement for something and then whatever it was got delayed or cancelled, could be the social media team taking the piss out of us. Think there's evidence to support all three of those conclusions.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Guest said:

Guess we'll never know. Could be a coincidence, could be that they were teasing an announcement for something and then whatever it was got delayed or cancelled, could be the social media team taking the piss out of us. Think there's evidence to support all three of those conclusions.

I think the admin is linekers apples

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Selling a player that isn’t starting is rarely that straightforward, unfortunately. 

I think it's more that we may have trouble keeping him rather than having trouble selling him. He provides important depth, but is good enough to get more game time elsewhere, even in a decent European Champions League team.

On 18/06/2021 at 08:18, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah if I were him I would leave, but doubt we will let him go cheaply, he is a quality player and should go for not far from what we paid. 

If you think praet is a quality player why would you want him to leave 

35 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I wonder why this hasn’t been announced yet

The marketing team always need a solid 2 weeks to whip up a video of whoever it is walking through a subway or driving to the king power in the longest possible way from Countesthorpe. 

Edited by God of Hellfire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, God of Hellfire said:

The marketing team always need a solid 2 weeks to whip up a video of whoever it is walking through a subway or driving the the king power in the longest possible way from Countesthorpe. 

I bet they are having a well deserved break also 

30 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I wonder why this hasn’t been announced yet

Friend of mine made a fair point while talking about this the other day. I was talking about players being on end of season holidays and at the Euros etc. 

But he pointed out we may also just want to pass the cost to the next financial window. 

The financial year for most businesses runs til April, but FFP and similar spending rules for both the Premier League and UEFA run usually til the end of the season, which is typically the end of June, no? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, God of Hellfire said:

The marketing team always need a solid 2 weeks to whip up a video of whoever it is walking through a subway or driving to the king power in the longest possible way from Countesthorpe. 

39 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I bet they are having a well deserved break also 

I think I saw an advert for a new digital content manager a few weeks ago. Perhaps we haven't appointed one yet. 

39 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Mods! Can Foxeswalk have a yellow card for the use of this word “roster”?! 

😂

Yeah I apologise for that :D living with an American for best part of 10 years. I have starting saying “store” instead of shop and occasionally “pants” when talking about trousers too... :frusty:

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 hour ago, God of Hellfire said:

que a video of a driver laying down the new pitch only for it to be revealed as Patson Daka with the  caption  “ new signing laying down the foundation for a great season”  and then a nice cheeses grin from Patson. Kind of like a question of sport ‘ who is it’ celebrity reveal.

• Haha 1

Just now, MPH said:

que a video of a driver laying down the new pitch only for it to be revealed as Patson Daka with the  caption  “ new signing laying down the foundation for a great season”  and then a nice cheeses grin from Patson. Kind of like a question of sport ‘ who is it’ celebrity reveal.

Ooh a BBC 80s cheese reveal. I like it.