Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

que a video of a driver laying down the new pitch only for it to be revealed as Patson Daka with the  caption  “ new signing laying down the foundation for a great season”  and then a nice cheeses grin from Patson. Kind of like a question of sport ‘ who is it’ celebrity reveal.

Qué?

5 hours ago, MPH said:

And then  soumarè takes off his construction helmet and passes Daka a sandwich for a double reveal 

Then the camera zooms in on the sandwhich and in the bread is a carved image of Bertrand. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 3

On 30/04/2021 at 12:25, kingfox said:

Ball carrying is his main weapon, but if you look at his other stats, he offers very little else.

I can’t even see him being a suitable back up to Youri. Youri averages more tackles, more interceptions, more goals, more assists and more key passes than Soumare does.

This guy has zero goals and assists this season. 

There’s players out there, who could offer much more, when either Ndidi or Tielemans are out.

...if anything I see him as a metronome in our midfield!!!

Not a Youri replacement but more a Ndidi upgrade.

The player that makes the pass to the player giving the assist, the stats are misleading, as they do not tell the real story. 

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Think we're going for a 433 next season with Wilf, Youri and Soumaré (or Maddison, depending on opposition), in midfield; a front 3 of Barnes, Vards and Daka; and Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Timmy/JJ at the back. 

9 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

be very surprised if daka is played out wide

It seems to me that we are going to be playing 5 at the back as a primary formation. We would be hearing a lot more links to wingers if we planned a 433.  

I think Barnes is going to be squeezed into a new role when he returns. I think we have the option to switch it up but it wont be the main formation 

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Friend of mine made a fair point while talking about this the other day. I was talking about players being on end of season holidays and at the Euros etc. 

But he pointed out we may also just want to pass the cost to the next financial window. 

The financial year for most businesses runs til April, but FFP and similar spending rules for both the Premier League and UEFA run usually til the end of the season, which is typically the end of June, no? 

I thought that FFP rules had been suspended for this season because of the implications of COVID.

Then again, I think prem teams had to agree a reduced tv income budget for the effects of COVID and we seem fairly business savvy so it could be that we want our budget sorted for next season before we commit to anything..

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It seems to me that we are going to be playing 5 at the back as a primary formation. We would be hearing a lot more links to wingers if we planned a 433.  

I think Barnes is going to be squeezed into a new role when he returns. I think we have the option to switch it up but it wont be the main formation 

Yeah I agree, I think it’s clear we are going 3-4-1-2.

I think Barnes will be a Maddison alternative, the two up top will be Vardy and Daka or Iheanacho. Both will at times roam wide allowing Maddison or Barnes to maraud forwards centrally. It’s an attempt to keep the fluidity we showed at 4-1-4-1 but not have designated wide players that are hard to attain.

I think Fofana will be encouraged to step forwards and allow Ndidi or Soumare to carry the ball more. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Friend of mine made a fair point while talking about this the other day. I was talking about players being on end of season holidays and at the Euros etc. 

But he pointed out we may also just want to pass the cost to the next financial window. 

The financial year for most businesses runs til April, but FFP and similar spending rules for both the Premier League and UEFA run usually til the end of the season, which is typically the end of June, no? 

I suspect it’s all to do with quarantine periods ?

No point bringing Soumane into the UK to quarantine for 10 days, sign and then do fcuk all for a few weeks. Equally we can’t get our medical teams out across Europe at the mo either. So suspect everything will be wrapped up nearer towards the start of pre season 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I suspect it has all to do with quarantine periods ?

No point bringing Soumane into the UK to quarantine for 10 days, sign and then do fcuk all for a few weeks. Equally we can’t get our medical teams out across Europe at the mo either. So suspect everything will be wrapped up nearer towards the start of pre season 

Also a really good point 

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I suspect it’s all to do with quarantine periods ?

Is elite sport following the Covid rules that would apply to you and I? How are teams travelling for the euros? 

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Is elite sport following the Covid rules that would apply to you and I? How are teams travelling for the euros? 

Where’s the sport in signing a piece of paper and taking fancy pictures. Pretty sure you probably have to have an event of some sort to bypass the rules 

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

....medicals can also be carried out in a different country!!!

They do not have to be in the UK, in order to ascertain their medical suitability. 

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

The rules changed in March, you have to be in a ‘bubble’ and participating in a competition. If not same rules apply to you and me 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....medicals can also be carried out in a different country!!!

They do not have to be in the UK, in order to ascertain their medical suitability. 

But then we’d have a medical team stuck abroad. Last summer, we sent our own guys out to do Medicals for Castagne (in Germany, rather than Belgium to avoid quarantine) and Under in Rome 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But then we’d have a medical team stuck abroad. Last summer, we sent our own guys out to do Medicals for Castagne (in Germany, rather than Belgium to avoid quarantine) and Under in Rome 

...do we actually need our medical team to do the test!!!

Is there an option for it to be done by a reputable environment. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We normally have a doctor present at the very least. Like I say we sent people out last summer for our signings 

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Wouldn’t you want to do your own checks on an investment before you agree to the deal? So the you know everything is done to club standards and there isn’t any ambiguity about things?