Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

4 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

I think he means there has in the past been a lot of players with lots of hype to do well when you consider at the time Gary Hooper and Jelavic were also playing great up there at one point.

There's been far more that have done well that haven't though around the last ten years though which renders the point, pointless really.

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

There's been far more that have done well that haven't though around the last ten years though which renders the point, pointless really.

Not really, if Man City win far more games than they haven't then by your logic we should be playing them in the fa cup final.

It's a forum full of opinions, don't get so beat up kid. 😊

On 07/05/2021 at 18:34, sacreblueits442 said:

....did we not, at one point, try to throw a lot of money at getting Jelavic!!!

I am almost certain I remember we just get on raising the fee but he was reluctant to come here.

Yes, I think so. I think they wanted £8m. Not sure. IIRC, I think it was when we ended up buying Beckord.

Doesn't PSG get a cut of the money for Édouard as well because of the sell-on clause they inserted when Odsonne Édouard transferred to Celtic?

Edit: According to"GIVEMESPORT", PSG have inserted a sell-on clause of around 50% to Odsonne Édouard's deal when he moved to Celtic.

Source: https://www.givemesport.com/1674894-celtic-transfer-exclusive-substantial-sellon-fee-owed-to-psg-in-potential-edouard-move

Edited by Iran

5 hours ago, Iran said:

Doesn't PSG get a cut of the money for Édouard as well because of the sell-on clause they inserted when Odsonne Édouard transferred to Celtic?

Edit: According to"GIVEMESPORT", PSG have inserted a sell-on clause of around 50% to Odsonne Édouard's deal when he moved to Celtic.

Source: https://www.givemesport.com/1674894-celtic-transfer-exclusive-substantial-sellon-fee-owed-to-psg-in-potential-edouard-move

PSG's sell on is 30% of any profit, essentially 30% of however much above £9m he goes for.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The sun reckon hes ours

Could end up being a really boring transfer window if we get everything done by the end of May!

Soumare looks done, Edouard supposedly done, Gosens just waiting to see if we get Champions League before he agrees

3 months to sort out any other positions we want

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could end up being a really boring transfer window if we get everything done by the end of May!

Soumare looks done, Edouard supposedly done, Gosens just waiting to see if we get Champions League before he agrees

We'll be selling a few I'd guess.

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lets hope so, it means we've achieved all our targets.

Can someone sell this guy to me? Seems to have had a mediocre season in a poor league. Daka or Toney look better players to me. Even if they'd cost £10m more, we're essentially getting Vardy's long term replacement. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

If the "Sun" said it was Monday I would be disinclined to believe them.

Depends who, that Nixon fella has got a lot right and they were spot on about wanting Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Can someone sell this guy to me? Seems to have had a mediocre season in a poor league. Daka or Toney look better players to me. Even if they'd cost £10m more, we're essentially getting Vardy's long term replacement. 

He hasn't had a mediocre season. He's had a poor season by his standards. He's struggled physically after having Covid and he's looked somewhat uninterested but he's still top scorer in the league and scores regular enough for France u21 to make him their all-time top scorer and he's still regarded by many Celtic fans to be better than Dembele who had a similar time in Scotland before ripping it up at Lyon.

I'm in no doubt that he's good enough for us and the figures being banded about seem very good. My only concern with him is that I can't see him and Nacho playing well together as a partnership. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sdb said:

Daka was never realistic/viable, talk is, like a lot of good Salzburg players Leipzig have a deal sewn up for him already. Makes sense given Leipzig still haven't replaced Werner properly, Sorloth has been a disaster. Even more likely that it'll happen now given Marsch is making the same move.

All opinions or course but Toney at double the price, which is what he'd cost (£30m) is a far bigger gamble than Edouard.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Alex Crook saying Leicester very confident on signing Édouard for around £15mill. 

£15m over a £30m+ Toney is why this player makes more sense IMO. Can't wait to have a genuine 3rd striker! 

• Like 4