Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

so the manager who wins the title has to be the manager of the year every time?  

If the argument for klopp being the best manager is that he's ran Pep close then surely it's Pep's award lol . Those cases of people winning it without winning a title was because they did spectacular jobs and overachieved far beyond expectations, does that qualify Liverpool's accomplishments the season? I'd argue not 

11 minutes ago, J. James said:

Thats what it seems to be really with a few outliers.

Its a pointless award if its simply about winning the EPL, like driver of the day in F1 always going to the race winner (which it rarely does).

Driver of the day is quite different tbh, it's just fan service doesn't really hold much weight. Liverpool finished 2nd is almost as insignificant as Man City winning the league at this stage with how they've established themselves over the past 5 or so years. I don't think anyones saying klopps done a bad job or anything, but he came second in a title race. 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Driver of the day is quite different tbh, it's just fan service doesn't really hold much weight. Liverpool finished 2nd is almost as insignificant as Man City winning the league at this stage with how they've established themselves over the past 5 or so years. I don't think anyones saying klopps done a bad job or anything, but he came second in a title race. 

Yeah, l just think that they rarely look at the non elite club managers and dont take into account small details like budget or where the club were when a manager was brought in, taking a club from bottom to say 10th is seen as not enough to give the award to a manager who has probably achieved beyond expectations.

Man city, Liverpool or Chelsea winning the League is entirely expected and unexceptional unless its undefeated or the like.

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Frank deserves it more than Klopp tbh 

Gee thanks fella!  Glad somebody understands.

386374214_Lampardthumbup.JPG.98d987336f3990308df439203288fe86.JPG

Keeping this rabble up was no picnic!

I find it baffling that Klopp has won the fa cup, league cup, runner up in the league and potentially CL winners yet people think pep deserves it for winning the title.  I can't help but think its peoples dislike of Klopp that is blinding their judgement.  

You cant have caveats to awards if a manger wins the title they automatically get the award..oh as long as its not the Liverpool manager.

Guaranteed if Liverpool had won the title and man city had won both cups finished runners up and reached the CL final and Klopp won the award the same people would be moaning.

but hey ho, Klopp won it and deservedly, so it doesn't matter.:D

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I find it baffling that Klopp has won the fa cup, league cup, runner up in the league and potentially CL winners yet people think pep deserves it for winning the title.  I can't help but think its peoples dislike of Klopp that is blinding their judgement.  

You cant have caveats to awards if a manger wins the title they automatically get the award..oh as long as its not the Liverpool manager.

Guaranteed if Liverpool had won the title and man city had won both cups finished runners up and reached the CL final and Klopp won the award the same people would be moaning.

It’s Premier League manager of the Year. The LMA Manager of the Year is a separate award which is more specifically for all competitions. But the award Klopp has won is league specific and has nothing to do with his performances in Europe or domestic cups.

Premier League sides ranked by prize money in 2021/22

Premier League sides ranked by prize money

1. Manchester City – £161.3m
  2. Liverpool – £159.8m
  3. Tottenham – £152.1m
  4. Chelsea – £151.7m
  5. Arsenal – £151.6m
  6. Man United – £150.2m
  7. West Ham – £142.1m
  8. Leicester – £134m
  9. Newcastle – £131.5m
  10. Brighton – £130.6m
  11. Wolves – £128.2m
  12. Crystal Palace – £124.3m
  13. Aston Villa – £123.3m
  14. Brentford – £121m
  15. Everton – £120.4m
  16. Leeds – £116.1m
  17. Southampton – £113.3m
  18. Burnley – £106.1m
  19. Watford – £104.6m
  20. Norwich – £100.3m

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Premier League sides ranked by prize money in 2021/22

Premier League sides ranked by prize money

1. Manchester City – £161.3m
  2. Liverpool – £159.8m
  3. Tottenham – £152.1m
  4. Chelsea – £151.7m
  5. Arsenal – £151.6m
  6. Man United – £150.2m
  7. West Ham – £142.1m
  8. Leicester – £134m
  9. Newcastle – £131.5m
  10. Brighton – £130.6m
  11. Wolves – £128.2m
  12. Crystal Palace – £124.3m
  13. Aston Villa – £123.3m
  14. Brentford – £121m
  15. Everton – £120.4m
  16. Leeds – £116.1m
  17. Southampton – £113.3m
  18. Burnley – £106.1m
  19. Watford – £104.6m
  20. Norwich – £100.3m

Some clubs involved in back end of the season TV games are clearly shown to have benefitted by a place or two 

at least we finished in the money league where we were supposed to 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I guess it's hard to justify an award when the manager doesn't win anything but expectation and budget should come into it also and, for me, Conte should have got it.

He turned Spurs around with basically the same squad that was struggling before he joined.

Pep winning the league every season doesn't impress me considering they spend millions and millions to do it. Same as in the Championship, Silva won it for Fulham yet their budget is one of, if not the, biggest in the division compared to Nathan Jones at Luton who finished 5th with a squad worth £1.5million (I know Jones did win manager of the season but these are the LMA awards).

Still, all the managers voted so I respect that. There's no doubting Klopp has done a great job again even without winning the league.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Still, all the managers voted so I respect that. There's no doubting Klopp has done a great job again even without winning the league.

This is the key thing isn’t it. I think if you sat down every manager in the league and said who’s the most difficult team to play against they’d say Liverpool, they completely suffocate you off the ball and turn you quick as anything on it. That comes from the style of play that Klopp has instilled and fellow managers would respect that, so fair play I reckon. I didn’t give a shit who won it for the record, and would have felt just as apathetic had Guardiola or Conte for that matter won it. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It's Premier League manager of the season though, not UEFA. I have no problem with Klopp winning UEFA manager of the year for the season or calendar year (however it is that they do it) but I'm not having him above Guardiola for this PL season when all he's done is moan about the PL scheduling and then finish 2nd.  

Oh I thought you were talking about the LMA award, I think that covers English football in general.

But yeah the PL manager of the year award, I'd give it to someone who's gone above and beyond expectation with their achievements. Maybe Brentford for staying up as they were nailed on. Moyes has had another good season, Eddie Howe a good second half from where Newcastle were. I think in terms of just the PL it could easily go to either Pep or Klopp though as they've both ended a season 1 point apart. 

3 hours ago, Manini said:

This is the key thing isn’t it. I think if you sat down every manager in the league and said who’s the most difficult team to play against they’d say Liverpool, they completely suffocate you off the ball and turn you quick as anything on it. That comes from the style of play that Klopp has instilled and fellow managers would respect that, so fair play I reckon. I didn’t give a shit who won it for the record, and would have felt just as apathetic had Guardiola or Conte for that matter won it. 

Yeah except us eh.:thumbup:

10 hours ago, hejammy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61563153

This is hilarious! Someone clearly having a cheeky moment within the BBC - speaks the truth however! :D

The trainee ticker operator clearly can't distinguish fact from fiction!

Just look at the other rubbish he wrote along the same deluded lines!

Polish_20220525_225259166.png.5c8e4e5102e91cdb3582ef1c8875ed60.png

Polish_20220525_225451794.png

Polish_20220525_225544231.png

Edited by J. James

25 minutes ago, J. James said:

The trainee ticker operator clearly can't distinguish fact from fiction!

Just look at the other rubbish he wrote along the same deluded lines!

Polish_20220525_225259166.png.5c8e4e5102e91cdb3582ef1c8875ed60.png

Polish_20220525_225451794.png

Polish_20220525_225544231.png

Something hilarious and innocent that has been elevated to public apology. 

The BBC should have just laughed about that, not offered a some craven repentance like its a serious issue. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

Something hilarious and innocent that has been elevated to public apology. 

The BBC should have just laughed about that, not offered a some craven repentance like its a serious issue. 

I'm aware that these are fabricated by the way. Just to be clear 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Watched the highlights of the Man City game earlier….. Neville just constantly makes sex noises throughout the game…..

Strange! I've noticed the same over the past six months or so. Carragher has taken to doing it as well, but not quite as extreme. Add this to the ridiculous, over-the-top orgasmic goal celebrations of Conté and it makes you wonder where the game is going (or coming?). Don't get me wrong - i'm all for enthusiasm but there's enthusiasm and then there's Conté-style-embarrassing-stupidity.

1 hour ago, GoalInOnePod said:

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently started a new podcast, called Goal In One, on Spotify talking about all things football with fans of clubs from all over the country, but the particular focus will be on Leicester as it is my team.

I’d really appreciate if any of you could have a listen to our first ever podcast and hopefully become regulars as part of this great fan base and community.

Here is the Link to our first episode: 

If you like what you hear or want to get involved, find us on twitter and instagram, @goalinoneblog

Thanks all 💙

Good listen this - some interesting discussion points and opinions on our season, and the wider PL season. Made my morning at work a bit brighter. Good luck with the podcast and hope things kick off for you as planned. :scarf:

Always great to see fans providing platforms to entertain other fans so fair play.