Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

20 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

You're absolutely delusional about that.  What happens next season is always unpredictable but he's a hero in Leeds at the moment for keeping them up against long odds, and they're already strongly linked to players (Aaronson and Adams) who'd be coming in specifically to implement Marsch's system next season.

As far as "gone backwards since to took over", it's not even a matter of subjective opinion, it's factually absurd.  23 points in 26 matches under Bielsa and 15 in 12 under Marsch, with half of Bielsa's squad out injured for much of those 12 matches.

You only have to log in to Twitter at the moment to know he's definitely not a 'hero' in Leeds at the moment. 

They're glad he's kept them up for sure but they are definitely not happy with his tactics and playing style. We'll see what he can add to the squad for next year but jury's still out for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

You only have to log in to Twitter at the moment to know he's definitely not a 'hero' in Leeds at the moment. 

They're glad he's kept them up for sure but they are definitely not happy with his tactics and playing style. We'll see what he can add to the squad for next year but jury's still out for me.

Not the greatest barometer but yeah, Leeds fans ringing up talksport a couple of weeks ago saying sack him regardless of wether they stay up or not. 

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not the greatest barometer but yeah, Leeds fans ringing up talksport a couple of weeks ago saying sack him regardless of wether they stay up or not. 

Marsch wasn't getting fired even if they went down - the club was very clear on that.  As Marsch himself said after the match yesterday what they did since he got their was a "band-aid" (his words).  One of the many ways Bielsa left behind a hopeless mess was his insistence on a tiny squad.  By the time of the Brentford match half of Marsch's reserves were 16-18 year-old youth players who'd never appeared in a meaningful game.  A few malcontent fans groaning about tactics are noisemakers, that's all - both the board and the vast majority of the fanbase of in Marsch's camp.

Now, next year?  Who knows.  Claudio got fired half a season after the greatest triumph in football history, so no manager should be buying green bananas. 

21 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

How would you rate your season? It appears to be a definite improvement on last season, but you must be disappointed to end up finishing tenth. I am a little surprised how few goals you have scored with some of the players that you've got. 

Decent first half to the season. A great run in Dec/Jan/Feb, but we fell apart when we were 2-0 up at home to Leeds and ended up losing 2-3. Since then we've picked up 5 points up to the end of the season and thrown away a decent chance of getting into Europe. 

Plenty of fans want Lage out, but he hasn't been backed by the club at all. I'm on the fence about him. 

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Marsch wasn't getting fired even if they went down - the club was very clear on that.  As Marsch himself said after the match yesterday what they did since he got their was a "band-aid" (his words).  One of the many ways Bielsa left behind a hopeless mess was his insistence on a tiny squad.  By the time of the Brentford match half of Marsch's reserves were 16-18 year-old youth players who'd never appeared in a meaningful game.  A few malcontent fans groaning about tactics are noisemakers, that's all - both the board and the vast majority of the fanbase of in Marsch's camp.

Now, next year?  Who knows.  Claudio got fired half a season after the greatest triumph in football history, so no manager should be buying green bananas. 

I'm not advocating for him to get sacked. I don't really care how he does. Just stating what the (limited) view of Leeds fans I've heard are saying. 

Regardless of anything else. The fans voice on a manager matters. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

I mean it’s obviously a willy puller thing to do to use a fellow professional as a derogatory like that, but if it came from Kevin de Bruyne or Joao Cancelo they’d at least have grounds to talk down about him. Imagine being an attacking player who got 3 goals and 3 assists in a title winning team trying to “banter” another footballer by calling them Almerion though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I mean it’s obviously a willy puller thing to do to use a fellow professional as a derogatory like that, but if it came from Kevin de Bruyne or Joao Cancelo they’d at least have grounds to talk down about him. Imagine being an attacking player who got 3 goals and 3 assists in a title winning team trying to “banter” another footballer by calling them Almerion though.

What did he say?

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Decent first half to the season. A great run in Dec/Jan/Feb, but we fell apart when we were 2-0 up at home to Leeds and ended up losing 2-3. Since then we've picked up 5 points up to the end of the season and thrown away a decent chance of getting into Europe. 

Plenty of fans want Lage out, but he hasn't been backed by the club at all. I'm on the fence about him. 

How many points do you figure Jose Sa in goal was worth?

49 minutes ago, KingsX said:

How many points do you figure Jose Sa in goal was worth?

He definitely helped the defence out, but he also conceded 3 penalties. The most in the PL ever for a keeper in a single season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

He's absolutely wanlered and he's not the sharpest anyway. Likelihood is he's mates with Mahrez and he found it funny. Probably a bit harsh on Almiron but I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it 

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He definitely helped the defence out, but he also conceded 3 penalties. The most in the PL ever for a keeper in a single season. 

So you'd take Danny Ward for him then?  We could throw in a few mill.

Grealish getting cocky about Man City's title win and throwing shade at other team's players is like the school bully's 4ft weedy mate hiding behind his 6ft 3 beefcake friend to threaten to beat up the rest of the class. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

According to dale johnson (Espn), they’d done a review of all var calls this season and how they actually affected results. If there was no var in use we would have finished sixth! 

On Twitter.

Unfortunately don't think we can blame VAR for our season!

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Seems not.

Guess they are thinking not just about the Premier league although might look a bit awkward if Liverpool don't win the Champions league. 

More from the 'deservedly' part.