Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

“The Premier League has today confirmed the dates for the Summer 2021 Transfer Window.

“The window will open for 12 weeks from 9 June and will close at 23:00 BST on 31 August. This will align with other European leagues.”

The Premier League season is due to start on the weekend of August 14 and conclude on May 22, 2022.

• Thanks 1

I don't know where the other thread went. 

Anyway, fixtures out in just under 6 weeks! 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2130516

Premier League fans should make a note of 16 June 2021 in their diaries as that is when the 2021/22 Premier League fixtures will be announced. 

The 380 fixtures will be revealed from 09:00 BST that day on premierleague.com and the Premier League app. 

Who will your team face on the opening weekend? When are the big derby dates? Who will be your opponents on Boxing Day?

All these questions will be answered on the morning of 16 June.

The 2021/22 Premier League season will start on 14 August 2021 and end on 22 May 2022.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't know where the other thread went. 

Anyway, fixtures out in just under 6 weeks! 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2130516

Premier League fans should make a note of 16 June 2021 in their diaries as that is when the 2021/22 Premier League fixtures will be announced. 

The 380 fixtures will be revealed from 09:00 BST that day on premierleague.com and the Premier League app. 

Who will your team face on the opening weekend? When are the big derby dates? Who will be your opponents on Boxing Day?

All these questions will be answered on the morning of 16 June.

The 2021/22 Premier League season will start on 14 August 2021 and end on 22 May 2022.

I guess I should have put Premier League in the title.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

I guess I should have put Premier League in the title.

I meant the thread I made a few weeks back. No worries though! 

The fixtures and then preparations for the next season only seems round the corner anyway :o

• Like 1

BT Sport confirm that no team competing in Europe on a Wednesday night will have their fixture changing to the Saturday lunch time slot.... Instead BT will now have a 'Prime Time' sport spot and kick offs will be 7:45 on a Saturday night. 

So yeah basically they have given the players and extra few hours off but made more difficult for fans going to the games. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

BT Sport confirm that no team competing in Europe on a Wednesday night will have their fixture changing to the Saturday lunch time slot.... Instead BT will now have a 'Prime Time' sport spot and kick offs will be 7:45 on a Saturday night. 

So yeah basically they have given the players and extra few hours off but made more difficult for fans going to the games. 

I don't get why they couldn't just keep the 12.30pm slot and choose different teams. Not like its always the same teams playing Thursday. 

Like you say, 7.45pm doesn't help with fan travel, especially with some of the games they are bound to choose like Southampton vs Liverpool or vice versa... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get why they couldn't just keep the 12.30pm slot and choose different teams. Not like its always the same teams playing Thursday. 

Like you say, 7.45pm doesn't help with fan travel, especially with some of the games they are bound to choose like Southampton vs Liverpool or vice versa... 

yeah exactly, just leave them as is and if you want a a team that is in Europe pick the team that plays on the Tuesday. 

Don't get me wrong I'm sure some fans would love the Saturday night fixture but the majority will be annoying by it! 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Well they've never cared about the fans before so not sure why we would expect any difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

yeah exactly, just leave them as is and if you want a a team that is in Europe pick the team that plays on the Tuesday. 

Don't get me wrong I'm sure some fans would love the Saturday night fixture but the majority will be annoying by it! 

Unfortunately BT don't want to show Burnley vs Villa (or equivalent average game) most weekends. They need viewing figures so will do what they can to get Liverpool, Man U, Man City or Chelsea on. Sky have the better slots over BT so they have to try and make up.

8 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Increasing support from some corners for 6pm midweek kicks off too 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, may as well crack on with it.

From this day forth, all Premier League 2021/2022 chat shall reside here.

The 2021/22 Premier League season will start on 14 August 2021. The final match round of the campaign will take place on 22 May 2022. There might even be bums on seats.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1