Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Anyone just hear that idiot Adrian Durham on TalkSport saying we should let Vardy go on a free considering what he’s done for us. I really wish I didn’t bite but what a stupid thing to say.

not only that, the clubs mentioned were newcastle and arsenal lol i know he always talks crap but he's been on another level today 

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Anyone just hear that idiot Adrian Durham on TalkSport saying we should let Vardy go on a free considering what he’s done for us. I really wish I didn’t bite but what a stupid thing to say.

You take him seriously ?

tbh, if either kasper or vardy asked to leave, I would hope we wouldn’t ask for a fee for either of them, given their age and service.  In return, they wouldn’t expect us to pay up their contracts.  The club they go to can sort that out. 

anyway, vardy isnt leaving us for another PL club. 

16 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

not only that, the clubs mentioned were newcastle and arsenal lol i know he always talks crap but he's been on another level today 

Exactly. I’m from the Simon Jordan camp, yes he’s done well but has also been paid handsomely for the privilege of being a professional footballer with us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You take him seriously ?

tbh, if either kasper or vardy asked to leave, I would hope we wouldn’t ask for a fee for either of them, given their age and service.  In return, they wouldn’t expect us to pay up their contracts.  The club they go to can sort that out. 

anyway, vardy isnt leaving us for another PL club. 

No I think the guy is a total sensationalist spazwanger but always bite when he twats on about Leicester

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Are we supposed to be impressed with those transfers or 15 points in 12?

That's a respectable points return to be fair. Replicated over the course of a season would see them comfortably finish mid-table. 

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I suspect you're right.  The owners' intention was (presumably) to buy the club using someone else's money, sell it on quickly, and pocket the profit.  This has obviously failed and their investment is worth nothing to them.

I reckon what they will do now is throw everything at going back up.  If it works, they have a chance of profit.  If it doesn't work, they walk away leaving a shambles behind them.  This is the problem when your owners are in it purely for money and have no emotional interest or feeling of moral duty towards the club.

Ah well.  Onwards and upwards.  There's always the chance of a phoenix club if it really goes badly.

Hope that is the case. Good luck for next season 

• Like 1

Great end to the season to finish eight. At the same time, if we had simply won those games we diabolically thrown away in the last minute (eg. Spurs), we would have been at least sixth! We are only 6 points away. What a pity.

I am going to be honest

I'd hate to play in modern squards , the money side obviously and that wins out, but footballing wise its a bit shit.The rotation part i'd find miserable, never playing every week, now with five subs never even completing 90 minutes thats why so many title celebrations are muted there are so many players now its hard to truly form a squard bond anymore.

Vardy knew that when he turned down arsenal and he has had a far more enjoyable time at leicester than he ever would of done anywhere else.Maddison also has a degree of freedom at leicester he will never get anywhere else in a top four club.

Lets take grealish, while he wont care has a league medal ( as a bit part player but well done), your taking a lad who played off the cuff out wide, every  week at villa, he wasnt perfect, but he was himself there, now he is a just a robot spending half his life on the bench at a robotic football system.

• Haha 2

"Robotic" is really just a petulant dismissal rooted in resentment of the fact that it's a system that would never work if the club didn't have phenomenal players and a phenomenal manager.  It sucks for the rest of us that MC can afford to work that way but it doesn't diminish what they do.  Graelish is hardly a bit player - he was at almost 2000 minutes in the league - but the fact that he's not a nailed-in starter is down to how much talent (and creativity) they have.  Including DeBruyne, who for my money is probably the best footballer in the world.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twister said:

I am going to be honest

I'd hate to play in modern squards , the money side obviously and that wins out, but footballing wise its a bit shit.The rotation part i'd find miserable, never playing every week, now with five subs never even completing 90 minutes thats why so many title celebrations are muted there are so many players now its hard to truly form a squard bond anymore.

Vardy knew that when he turned down arsenal and he has had a far more enjoyable time at leicester than he ever would of done anywhere else.Maddison also has a degree of freedom at leicester he will never get anywhere else in a top four club.

Lets take grealish, while he wont care has a league medal ( as a bit part player but well done), your taking a lad who played off the cuff out wide, every  week at villa, he wasnt perfect, but he was himself there, now he is a just a robot spending half his life on the bench at a robotic football system.

Lol... Thanks for being honest, can you headline your next post "I'm going to write legible English" please. 😐

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Amazing!  Everton gave up 3 set piece goals to Arsenal Sunday, somehow snatching the honors at the death from our seemingly unshakeable grasp.

491874548_goalsfromsetpieces.thumb.JPG.65dc1bfe4cf90aae89cfdfb57cbe3d9a.JPG

Well done Frank and the Ev !  You truly, massively sucked this year.

Wonder who scored the goal against Man City. Well done that team lol

EDIT: It was Villa back in December.

Edited by Facecloth

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Amazing!  Everton gave up 3 set piece goals to Arsenal Sunday, somehow snatching the honors at the death from our seemingly unshakeable grasp.

491874548_goalsfromsetpieces.thumb.JPG.65dc1bfe4cf90aae89cfdfb57cbe3d9a.JPG

Well done Frank and the Ev !  You truly, massively sucked this year.

Is the same stat available for goals scored from set pieces, I’d be fascinated to see if there is a correlation between teams defending and attacking set plays.

On 22/05/2022 at 22:07, sheffield_fox said:

It's not hard to understand. There have been assaults on players and managers in every one of the pitch invasions. Some very serious. 

It's ridiculous to expect the players to tolerate the threat of being physically assaulted in their workplace. The clubs need to prevent it and I can't see any way other than fences coming back. 

You think players haven't been jostled, intimidated and attacked before? This narrative that it's some post covid society issue, that is whipping everyone up is odd. 

https://news.sky.com/video/watch-grealish-punched-by-pitch-invader-11662085

https://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-10-19/leeds-fans-attack-goalkeeper-in-pitch-invasion/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/pitch-invader-arrested-for-common-assault-on-chris-smalling-during-arsenal-and-manchester-united-clash/news-story/4edf90d46a5e9081b69745c9d5d54370

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/24/stockport-fans-attack-fylde-players-pitch-dressing-room-fa-trophy-match-8997829/

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16207698.oxford-united-boss-karl-robinson-explains-pitch-invasion-altercation-blackburn-rovers/

I'm not defending it, but it's happened time and time again over the years without everyone jumping on it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is the same stat available for goals scored from set pieces, I’d be fascinated to see if there is a correlation between teams defending and attacking set plays.

I've not seen a full set of stats but saw an article stating Man City scored the most from set plays. A full set would be interesting. 

Bravo Everton for snatching that late victory ✌ 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well they should have pulled their heads out their arses and done something back then.

No one else would be expected to put up with it in their place of work, so why should footballers?

Its just a matter of time before someone gets stabbed if its allowed to go on.