Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Transfer News

14 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You think Kane is worth the same amount as Maguire? Madness! 

No not at all, I think we robbed Man Utd and Maguire was worth no more than 40/50m in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player and scores a nice amount of goals but nowhere near worth 80m.

And I say 80m for Kane because you could spend 20m more or so for Halaand and he's younger, you'd probably get 14+ years of being top level opposed to 6/7 with Kane so it's either sell him now or not at all. Certainly not worth the 150m quoted that's for sure!

150m or 100m, I know who I'd choose. Again just going off what I've read.

10 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

No not at all, I think we robbed Man Utd and Maguire was worth no more than 40/50m in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player and scores a nice amount of goals but nowhere near worth 80m.

And I say 80m for Kane because you could spend 20m more or so for Halaand and he's younger, you'd probably get 14+ years of being top level opposed to 6/7 with Kane so it's either sell him now or not at all. Certainly not worth the 150m quoted that's for sure!

I'd have Haaland, but I'm no Pep. Kane does practically guarantee 20 plus goals, probably much more with the players Man City have around him. I sometimes forget that Kane is 27, still a very young footballer if he stays injury free. That's the key though, glass ankles don't get any better as you head towards 30 and beyond. I think that may put Guardiola off and in the direction of Haaland.

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

Oh yeh I agree, but Spurs would be mad to sell Kane for £80m. I know he's said he wants to leave but they need to make it as hard as possible for one of their rivals (Man U or Man C) to get him. Kane will massively improve either club and make the gap bigger between themselves and the likes of Spurs but if Spurs hold out for close to £150m, that would be pretty much the whole budget for either club used in one player. If Man U or Man C could get Kane for £80m, that would leave money left over to sign one or 2 more players and further improve their squad and again making that gap bigger. Also, spent wisely, Spurs could really improve their squad with £150m, but £80m would only really get them a Kane replacement with little left over. Personally I want Spurs to keep falling further behind as it helps us to keep fighting in the top 5/6. 

22 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

Haaland ain't going to cost only £20m more though, this summer anyway. Raiola and his father are both wanting £20m each on top of the transfer fee and quotes from Raiola in the last few days suggests he wants a weekly wage of £1m.

I can see Haaland still being at Dortmund when the window shuts and the vultures circling next summer when his £60m release clause kicks in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Haaland ain't going to cost only £20m more though, this summer anyway. Raiola and his father are both wanting £20m each on top of the transfer fee and quotes from Raiola in the last few days suggests he wants a weekly wage of £1m.

I can see Haaland still being at Dortmund when the window shuts and the vultures circling next summer when his £60m release clause kicks in.

I should have edited it.

I believe Kane is worth 80m, think if he kicks up a stink they'll let him go for 100m, and Haaland accepting 150m (not 120m) my apologies.

But I agree, didn't know about the 60m release clause. So unless they made more than 100m it's gonna be 60m either summer. I bet we could blow our whole transfer budget over 2 seasons to get him!! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Daka linked with West Ham today. 

*Looks at West Ham's figures for the Season - seeing they only have two players just into double figures for goals*

Yep they need more Dakka...  Oh wait...

...just got around to reading the Agent Talk topic...!!!

Is it possible that this so called agent could just have a contact in the club feeding him information.  We have a hard time keeping the Team Sheet secret, it would not be beyond the realms of possibility that someone within the club is relaying such information. 

All three "rumours " do not seem too far fetched I would suspect not too far from the truth. 

Time will tell....

On 26/05/2021 at 08:05, J.Lisemore said:

Look at how desperate Kane is to move, he's 28 in July... knows this summer is his last chance, he's probably left it too late to kick up a fuss. 

Doubt whether Spurs will let him go , any new manager will be very firm about that. Alli, Moura and others however will certainly be made available.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure I heard Ajer to Newcastle for 6m?? Seems low

Leverkusen after him now as well apparently, definitely seems available for £10m or less

Would think with our previous interest and Rodgers we might get involved for that cheap

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure I heard Ajer to Newcastle for 6m?? Seems low

Seen similar reports at the weekend saying £8m which also seems low.

In saying that he only has a year to go on his deal and we as a club are currently modelling ourselves on the titanic so I guess we'll take what we can get for him.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Seen similar reports at the weekend saying £8m which also seems low.

In saying that he only has a year to go on his deal and we as a club are currently modelling ourselves on the titanic so I guess we'll take what we can get for him.

I honestly can't wrap my head around Celtics transfer policy at the minute.

It's something that they as a club have been so good at for a long time and all of a sudden It's went to complete shite.

12 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I honestly can't wrap my head around Celtics transfer policy at the minute.

It's something that they as a club have been so good at for a long time and all of a sudden It's went to complete shite.

Tell me about it mate, we are like a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tell me about it mate, we are like a dumpster fire.

could have possibly made some big bucks on mcgreggor, edouard and Ajer last summer but the club were clinging on for ‘the 10’.  Or was is simply a case of holding out for too much? 

On the flip side if they had sold all 3 for mega money your fans would be livid they did that just before ‘the 10’. So maybe they were trying to appease the fans and these are the consequences :dunno: 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

could have possibly made some big bucks on mcgreggor, edouard and Ajer last summer but the club were clinging on for ‘the 10’.  Or was is simply a case of holding out for too much? 

On the flip side if they had sold all 3 for mega money your fans would be livid they did that just before ‘the 10’. So maybe they were trying to appease the fans and these are the consequences :dunno: 

... I would suggest a lack of planning by their owners is the reason for their dilemma!!!

Getting Lennon in should have been a short term fix, to see them to the end of the season and for someone to have been brought in, who they would have previously earmarked as a long term candidate.

Doing things on the cheap only comes back to bite you and taking the league for granted was foolhardy in the extreme. At this rate Rangers will be dominating the league for sometime and that is going to hurt, as for so long Celtic have had the run of the league. I suspect there are a lot of Celtic fans saying to themselves "let them have this one", that conciliatory tone, is going to be short lived.

Edited by sacreblueits442

15 hours ago, murphy said:

It's because they've lost their Faustian transfer genius Lee Congerton.

"Talk Celtic" have nothing good to say about Congerton ! They blame him for the mess they are in.

15 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

"Talk Celtic" have nothing good to say about Congerton ! They blame him for the mess they are in.

...so the players that was brought in was good enough for nine on the bounce, and all became rubbish when he left!!!

It is all very well hating Congerton, there is a lingering frustration there, but you can not have it both ways. They need to look to their board and the lack of succession planning that was in place when Rodgers left.

Wow Celtic fans are a grumpy whiney bunch! After all the success Rogers brought too. Let it go FFS. Sooner the club move on sooner they can get back to knocking Rangers off their new found perch.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah hindsight is a wonderful thing I guess mate. Like you say things have obviously went stale and we probably should have cashed in last summer. The fans would have went nuts but had we then went on and won the league then it would have quickly have been forgotten about, unlike the season that unfolded which will not be easily forgotten at all.

I don't think we were exactly batting bat bids away for players last summer mind you. From what I'm led to believe the only bids we received were a derisory one from a Bundesliga club for Edouard and a £16m offer from Lyon for Christie. Christ only knows why we didn't accept the latter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Our capitulation and the subsequent mess we find ourselves in isn't Congerton's fault, as useless as he was.

He was about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike in his time at Celtic but this season and where we find ourselves is all on lawell and the board. Appointing a guy that got the sack at Bolton and Hibs to replace someone like Brendan Rodgers and then just throwing money at the issue last summer with no due dilligence whatsoever. Thereafter, turning it into an us v the fans issue and not putting Lennon out of his misery and now being caught with our pants down with all the carry on around Howe.