Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Transfer News

7 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Villa will be the big threat to top 4 next season no question.  Spending big, good players and right blend now. Frustratingly the side we we needed to have momentum wise for progress. Peak too soon.

His stats aren't better than perez when he played in the champ and also worse than his in the prem. He's a talented player and I'm sure he posts xg / xa but for 40m villa have as ever overpaid.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Villa will be the big threat to top 4 next season no question.  Spending big, good players and right blend now. Frustratingly the side we we needed to have momentum wise for progress. Peak too soon.

No chance. Particularly if they lose Grealish. They'll be mid table if that happens. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

This happens every summer, people worry about players we should’ve got etc.. we’ve done pretty well over the last 2.5 years. 

Exactly. Seen villa fans saying their front 3 will be the best apart from Liverpool / man City.

Ignoring the fact that our second choice striker scored more than Watkins. Barnes and Maddison scored more than Grealish and we'll sign another right winger and a forward.

As long as Smith is in charge of Villa they'll be mid table. Him and Shakespeare tactics consists of 'pass it to jack'. Next year it'll be 'pass it to buendia'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His stats aren't better than perez when he played in the champ and also worse than his in the prem. He's a talented player and I'm sure he posts xg / xa but for 40m villa have as ever overpaid.

Perez didn't get 15 goals and 15 assists in the Championship? But to be fair Buendia hasn't scored the amount of goals that Ayo has scored in the PL. The problem for Perez is, he needs to shut up about thinking he's a creative support striker and go back to playing on the wing as he does more damage out there.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez didn't get 15 goals and 15 assists in the Championship? But to be fair Buendia hasn't scored the amount of goals that Ayo has scored in the PL. The problem for Perez is, he needs to shut up about thinking he's a creative support striker and go back to playing on the wing as he does more damage out there.

By the wing, do you mean row Z?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He got 12. My point is more 40m for him is way over the odds 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Buendia and Ward Prowse.. Villa making moves wtf

"In terms of our recruitment, we talk about the sweet spots that we’re looking for,” Smith said this month, “which is that the players have Premier League experience and are [ideally] British because there is no adaptation risk at all.”

Immediately they add £10/£15m onto every price just for that British nationality. 

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Grealish must be going, surely? Or are they just going for it in light of FFP being in the bin?

This basically. FFP is finished. 

I don’t see it re. Villa. They’re a decent side and another good window could see a top half finish but they’re a few years behind us. McGinn - Luiz is hardly Ndidi - Tielemans. 

I can also imagine that Grealish is off this summer, so Buendia and an other will likely be brought in as his replacement. Which they desperately need given how much they dropped off when Grealish was out. 

• Like 2

Didn't even realise this thread was here, I've been posting in the EPL 21/22 thread.

Can't see JWP being sold for less than 45/50m, surely he's worth more to Southampton than what Villa would pay for him?

Buendia is a good signing though, but I doubt Villa will be anywhere near 4th, plus I think Grealish is off to Man City.

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

....perhaps the best thing about all this is Pochettino going to PSG to stop this pretence of being a real club!!!

Constant under-achievement and throwing money around like confetti, doesn't make them big league, just confirms they are no good with money.