Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

1 minute ago, shen said:

I mean, you cannot argue against Belgium's goals. They were top quality. But this feels a bit anti-climactic after an all-round good performance from Denmark.

Just now, VinceNoir said:

We’ve been sensational. Nothing to be ashamed of tonight. Been undone by two flashes of brilliance from an unbelievable player

Just lacking a top level goal scorer. Had loads of half chances, just need someone a tiny bit more predatory in the box. 

7 minutes ago, shen said:

If Belgium win and Denmark win, Finland still might finish last.

Yeah your whole groups a bit nuts. 

Tbh, the only thing in your group that scares me is if we lose a lot of goal difference against Italy and finish third*. 

We beat Russia last time we played them, we beat Finland twice in the Nations League recently. You'd be my last choice given you beat us in the Nations League twice in 2018.

That said, we were in terrible form at the time and you were in better form. If everyone was fully fit I'd probably back us to beat you atm just about. 

Edit: just think I've realised that doesn't mean we play Belgium, I thought it did. Didn't realise we'd play someone else. 

Edited by Finnegan

Unfortunately the damage was done in the first match against Finland. Had to win that. Belgium was supposed to be a free hit but turned into must not lose game. 

Flippin goddammit.

We deserved something from that. But they sub in KdB, Eden Hazard and Witsel and we sub in 2 guys from Brentford....

Lukaku doing his human rampart thing occupying half the defense and KdB left in the gaps just too deadly.

Was afraid of the Danish team going full David Luiz with all them emotions, but they done our nation proud today. Heads up!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Certainly wouldn't mind that if we get Finland in the last 16.

Cor imagine Finland in the quarter finals of a European championship what an achievement that would be for them. 

Seriously. If Belgium win out and Denmark beat Russia, we have Belgium on 9 points and 3 teams on 3 points. What do you then look at? Goal difference inclusive the games against Belgium or do you compare results between the 3 teams tied? 

Seems no matter what if we beat Russia and Finland lose with more than 1 goal against Belgium, then Denmark takes 2nd don't we?

Edited by Jonezy

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately the damage was done in the first match against Finland. Had to win that. Belgium was supposed to be a free hit but turned into must not lose game. 

Well I think I will forever maintain that Denmark would not have lost that game, but for the eventual farce it became. Thankfully Russia's result was perfect as it meant Denmark can finish above them with a win and minimum finish third, potentially second regardless of the result today.

3 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Seriously. If Belgium win out and Denmark beat Russia, we have Belgium on 9 points and 3 teams on 3 points. What do you then look at? Goal difference inclusive the games against Belgium or do you compare results between the 3 teams tied? 

Seems no matter what if we beat Russia and Finland lose with more than 1 goal against Belgium, then Denmark takes 2nd don't we?

Normally they look at H2H results, but in a three way tie it will likely be goal difference then goals scored.

So yes, if Denmark beat Russia and Finland lose then the most likely scenario is that Denmark finish second (barring unlikely scorelines)

Edited by shen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Time to smash Putin's boys then....:scarf:

It will be interesting to see which Denmark side show up on Monday. But I just have this feeling that it's not going to happen. Outplayed Finland and matched Belgium and have 0 points. It's just not meant to be is it.

Just now, shen said:

It will be interesting to see which Denmark side show up on Monday. But I just have this feeling that it's not going to happen. Outplayed Finland and matched Belgium and have 0 points. It's just not meant to be is it.

Nah. Football karma turns now. The boys will believe now. :scarf:

After the Eriksen incident, I kind of accepted, that we would probably just peter out of this tournament, but todays performance was extraordinary and we will build on this I am sure now. @Finnegan and his Welsh friends better be ready come last 16 round. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1