Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just lacking a top level goal scorer. Had loads of half chances, just need someone a tiny bit more predatory in the box. 

I think a certain someone was missing from this game. He was the top scorer in the qualification group and scored 11 in 12 during WC 18 quali. It's equivalent to Wales missing Bale really.

But yes, we've not had a reliable goalscoring striker since Tomasson although I still hope Dolberg can grow into one. He's just not as good a pressing forward as Poulsen or Braithwaite and we desperately need the pace to stretch defences.

Edited by shen

I was looking at the next round possibilities. Can some wise person on here explain how the 4: 1B vs 3A/D/E/F  is worked out? I mean the difference between playing third in groups A D E and F is pretty huge. (Third in F will be Germany or Portugal). Belgium might not want to play Germany or Portugal.

3 hours ago, trabuch said:

I was looking at the next round possibilities. Can some wise person on here explain how the 4: 1B vs 3A/D/E/F  is worked out? I mean the difference between playing third in groups A D E and F is pretty huge. (Third in F will be Germany or Portugal). Belgium might not want to play Germany or Portugal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020#Combinations_of_matches_in_the_round_of_16

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, shen said:

I am quite surprised we're getting very personal medical information about Eriksen. I hope he's given his consent throughout.
Just reading up on an ICD, you can still do sports after 1-2 months, but I don't know if he can do it at elite level? I wouldn't be surprised if we see a retirement from pro football, which would be a huge shame. However, the main thing he's still around and will be a functional father and husband.

Danny Blind is playing with one apparently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Danny Blind is playing with one apparently.

Indeed, but reading several 'expert' accounts it will depend completely on the individual and the condition Eriksen has.
There are also reports that Italy does not allow people with heart conditions/ICDs to play elite level sport.
It's going to be an anxious wait until we hear what Eriksen decides to do.

Romelu Lukaku has grown immensely on me this tournament. His interviews and behavior regarding the whole Eriksen incident has shown huge character and then he also absolute dominates on the field. What a player. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I really hope they do it. That decision to carry on playing after Eriksen collapsed worked against them. It should never have happened. Would love to see them go through tonight.

if they play like they did first half against Belgium they should beat Russia

26 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He hasn’t had the best tournament, Witsel and De Bruyne made the difference last match so be interesting if he comes back in

Would be staggered if they dropped Youri. At full strength they'll play him alongside Witsel in central midfield, with De Bruyne one of the 10s in behind Lukaku, in place of Mertens or Carrasco. 

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I don't speak Danish, but I'm wondering if the Danish for "SHOOOOT" just sounds like the English word, or if they use the English word.  

It sounds weird when you listen to how it's said

https://www.google.com/search?q=english+to+danish&oq=english+to+danish&aqs=chrome..69i57.1542j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Vastly different hearing a women say it to thousands in a stadium lol 

• Like 1