Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia

A well deserved win for Slovakia. I'm flabbergasted Sousa decided to keep slow Krychowiak who was already on a yellow and only decided to really go for it and bring on the second striker 5 minutes before the final whistle

Also we keep leaking about 2-3 times as many goals playing under him compared to previous managers. Must be the #sousaeffect

Now on to get a proper spanking from Spain then maybe a lucky draw against Sweden (I'm being optimistic) and I can pick a second team to cheer on 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What’s the story with the Spain squad and no Real players? Is it cos the manager is ex Barca?

Weird not to see Ramos in there. I know he's had injuries this season, but I'd take an injured Ramos over 90% of defenders any day.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It got deflected at close range on to the post. What else could he do?

All the talk will be about that but nothing about the amateur defending allowing Mak an open run on to the goal...

I appreciate the woeful defending but as every goalkeeper knows you shouldn't get beaten at your near post. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I appreciate the woeful defending but as every goalkeeper knows you shouldn't get beaten at your near post. 

The deflection made it curve in to the outside of the post, hit Szczesny on the head and back in to the goal.

Without the deflection at close range, he doesn't get beaten...

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The deflection made it curve in to the outside of the post, hit Szczesny on the head and back in to the goal.

Without the deflection at close range, he doesn't get beaten...

I can see you've never played in goal.