Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia

Just now, StevieLynex said:

Sarabia's a great player. Impressed when he played for Sevilla against us. Can we give PSG Perez in exchange and tell them he's the next Pele

We'd be lucky to convince them he's the next Choupo Moting

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Ayoze would fit right in with this Spain squad

I was hoping that he had some descendants from San Marino, so that he could experience some international football

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Murphy: "If anyone on the pitch deserved to cramp up it's him."

Wut?

I bet whenever he signed for a club the lads weren’t thinking “wonder if we’ve signed him for his banter” 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Remember that end to end thriller last night between Ukraine and The Netherlands?

Good times.

I'm aware I'm going to end up making Mrs Finners watch a lot of football (she hates it) over the next few weeks. 

So at 2-0 in that game I thought, well this is done, turned it off and we put some box set on for the evening. 

What a tit. 

• Haha 1

Sweden deserved to win imo. Isak on another day scores that chance. It's better to be effective than just to have possession for the sake of it. No personality in that Spanish side. Luis Enrique also extremely arrogant as well. They will at the max get qtr finals but they could even go out in the group stage. As for Sweden they could easily be dark horses for real. They clearly have a very well organised too with little to know glaring cracks besides their lack of goal scoring but with the importance of corners and free kicks and such they'll score. 

Edited by NasPb

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Still impressive what Spain are able to do.

I think people forget, that even during their "patch", they often would still just grab a goal from Villa or Torres.

The team of that era basically won their most competitive games one nil with the odd exception.

Defence by way of holding onto the ball while passing without any intent whatsoever.  Its bizarre how pundits seem to still lap it up in 2021, I thought it was boring as hell even back in 2010. Compare it to the possession football Man City play and its like watching a different sport.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

The team of that era basically won their most competitive games one nil with the odd exception.

Defence by way of holding onto the ball while passing without any intent whatsoever.  Its bizarre how pundits seem to still lap it up in 2021, I thought it was boring as hell even back in 2010. Compare it to the possession football Man City play and its like watching a different sport.

Yeah I agree, was similar to Barcelona. Absolute boredom watching it. 

26 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah I agree, was similar to Barcelona. Absolute boredom watching it. 

I disagree regarding Barcelona. They were sensational during the Pep era. Yes they kept the ball a lot but they played with a purpose. Plus they had Messi. If you go back and watch the Barca games from 2008-2012 you will see that they were so ahead of the times. Greatest club side in history IMO. 

Both teams were equally boring to be fair. Sweden had very little intention of trying to score. Spain were so scared of losing the ball that they forgot to try and score. Can't wait till bonus points are brought into football for goals scored. It's crap when 90% of teams would rather not lose than win.

I've always had sympathy for teams in Spain's situation last night. They're always criticised for the game being boring or not breaking the team down. 

Sweden spent 90 minutes with all eleven players parked in or just outside the eighteen yard box holding shape and refusing to engage. 

I think the average fan overlooks how ridiculously difficult that is to beat. 

There are a small handful of teams in the entire world (and they're all domestic club sides worth billions) capable of breaking something like that down reliably and consistently.