Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sure I say this every time I watch him play but Alvaro Morata is one of the top five biggest frauds in European football. 

Absolute bobbins. 

Completely agree.. yet he’s cruised around pretty much all the top clubs 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Emma Hayes might well be the most uninspired choice of pundit for a major international tournament in history. 

Hasn't ever played football semi professionally let alone professionally or for a country.

Hasn't even ever managed a national team. Has literally the same amount of experience of an international major tournament as any fan. 

Absolutely countless former pros, both men and women, from all all over Europe, fully fluent in English, have represented their country's at the Euros. They seriously couldn't find one? 

She was seriously good today, smart & well informed. Robbie Savage played professionally & for his country so that shows what that's good for. 

Spain look good in possession as expected but they’re lacking the ruthlessness we’ve seen from the Spain teams of the last ten years or so. Sweden are poor, chasing shadows mainly. They’ve made it way too easy for Spain to control this game. 

Just now, gurru991 said:

She was seriously good today, smart & well informed. Robbie Savage played professionally & for his country so that shows what that's good for. 

She wasn't. 

It wasn't that insightful and just quite plain.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Spain look good in possession as expected but they’re lacking the ruthlessness we’ve seen from the Spain teams of the last ten years or so. Sweden are poor, chasing shadows mainly. They’ve made it way too easy for Spain to control this game. 

Spain should have started with Gérard Moreno instead of Morata. Moreno has had a great season for Villsreal. Morata is a donkey. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Spain should have started with Gérard Moreno instead of Morata. Moreno has had a great season for Villsreal. Morata is a donkey. 

Ah so even Spain start an out of form player instead of one in form. Remind you of any other team?

16 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Robbie Savage played professionally & for his country so that shows what that's good for. 

And is an excellent pundit, as discussed the other day. You might not like his personality, you may hold a grudge because he kissed a Birmingham badge and played for Derby, you may think his WUM act on radio talk shows is pure trolling. All of that is fair. 

But he's an insightful and honest Co commentator who's usually overlooked because of those things. 

Besides, look, I don't care if they want to rip the rulebook up and start from scratch with punditry. You want to take the BT European Football Show or Revista De la Liga route and commit to having journalists as pundits? I'm actually down with that. I think a lot of students of the game, writers who really actually love and study the sport often have better views than some ex pros. 

But the format across the BBC and ITV for years has always been the same at major tournaments, to get an all star cast of pundits with a wealth of tournament experience, some of the biggest names in the history of our sport, to give an inside view. 

Someone whose CV is basically just a couple years managing Chelsea isn't really equipped to give us much insight on the rigors and pressures of major summer tournaments (although granted Savage isn't either and for the record, I wouldn't actually have him on the team for the tournament.)

I mean you compare that to Nigel De Jong who they had on the other day, 81 caps, four major tournaments, World Cup finalist. Thierry Henry, 123 caps, seven major tournaments, won both the euros and the WC. Alex Scott, 140 England caps, 4 Olympic caps, also 7 major tournaments and a Euros finalist. 

I mean :dunno:

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And is an excellent pundit, as discussed the other day. You might not like his personality, you may hold a grudge because he kissed a Birmingham badge and played for Derby, you may think his WUM act on radio talk shows is pure trolling. All of that is fair. 

But he's an insightful and honest Co commentator who's usually overlooked because of those things. 

Besides, look, I don't care if they want to rip the rulebook up and start from scratch with punditry. You want to take the BT European Football Show or Revista De la Liga route and commit to having journalists as pundits? I'm actually down with that. I think a lot of students of the game, writers who really actually love and study the sport often have better views than some ex pros. 

But the format across the BBC and ITV for years has always been the same at major tournaments, to get an all star cast of pundits with a wealth of tournament experience, some of the biggest names in the history of our sport, to give an inside view. 

Someone whose CV is basically just a couple years managing Chelsea isn't really equipped to give us much insight on the rigors and pressures of major summer tournaments (although granted Savage isn't either and for the record, I wouldn't actually have him on the team for the tournament.)

I mean you compare that to Nigel De Jong who they had on the other day, 81 caps, four major tournaments, World Cup finalist. Thierry Henry, 123 caps, seven major tournaments, won both the euros and the WC. Alex Scott, 140 England caps, 4 Olympic caps, also 7 major tournaments and a Euros finalist. 

I mean :dunno:

Savage is a good live pundit tbf but his oafish presentation style alongside the oaf Chris Nobody on R5 606 undermines his talent 

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Savage is a good live pundit tbf but his oafish presentation style alongside the oaf Chris Nobody on R5 606 undermines his talent 

Yeah no argument at all. I fully accept WHY people dismiss him. He's his own worst enemy, which he was as a player. 

But when you actually stop and give him a chance and listen, he's decent on Co comms. But, again, I probably wouldn't have him doing the major summer tournaments either.