Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't get me wrong, I bloody love him as a player but he's not at all the sort of player we'd bring in to our model.

I agree but it a bit like when Man City bought Robinho and Adebayor, they had to buy those to be in a position to buy and Tevez and and aguero.

Not saying we are going to be a Man City but if changes perceptions, would it be easier to sign a Gosens if we had Coutinho?

How many players sign for us now because we developed and sold on Kante, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell, similarto how people sign for Dortmund. 

It about building a brand.

Our model is young up and coming or older past their prime, Coutinho is slipping into the later.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Barcelona are literally desperate to get rid, that says something to me.

Not in terms of ability. The likes of Barca/Madrid get rid of quality players all the time. 

For a loan move they'd have to pay a large part of his wages, but I wouldn't be turning my nose up at Coutinho in terms of ability.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So would Coutinho, so they are = risk wise. 

We have more then likely spent our summer budget on Soumare and Daka.

Trincao younger though and not coming off major injuries. More of a leicester signing if you ask me. Would love phil but his injuries scare me

Leicester would take this guy all day if they can get a good deal. I bet we want a loan but would only pay £150k towards his wages and play hard ball. That’s the only way I see us signing this guy and if we can get him he would make a massive difference to the squad.

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

My heart tells me even though its a bad idea I'd  kinda like to see this happen. 

My head tells me we should stick to our current transfer model and let him go sit on the spurs or Everton treatment table all season. 

This could be the equivalent of cambiasso. It has that level of impact possibility. I would love to see him play here for Brenden again. Think Marhez. That is where i reckon we play him in the right

Torn on this. Felt initially that this is just a name living on past achievements, but a little research shows he has been productive in the last few season, both in La Liga and the Bundesliga. Not on-fire, but productive and he does have the experience we suspect we lack.

But many pound notes and little long term value should be grounds for pause.

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Well yeah, but hopefully they all go through rigorous medicals before signing or being loaned / bought

He's just very injury prone that's my main concern. Would love for him to prove me wrong though 

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

Trincao younger though and not coming off major injuries. More of a leicester signing if you ask me. Would love phil but his injuries scare me

If we were signing him full time it would be a risk, but a loan is as risk free as it gets. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Imagine having Coutinho and Maddison rotating the #10 spot...

I hope you're good at imagining it, because that's the only way it would happen.  In the unlikely event we get Couthino even on loan, he's not rotating with anybody - he's starting every match where he's not injured of being rested.  Fortunately for Maddison he gets injured a lot (but then they both do).

Just now, Deeg67 said:

I hope you're good at imagining it, because that's the only way it would happen.  In the unlikely event we get Couthino even on loan, he's not rotating with anybody - he's starting every match where he's not injured of being rested.  Fortunately for Maddison he gets injured a lot (but then they both do).

... But he will get injured and he will be rested. That's where the rotation comes in. 

Neither Coutinho nor Maddison can play 3 games a week for a fair chunk of a season, both would get plenty of gametime (not that I think it's a likely scenario). 

Barcelona do not see him as a game changer. If they did no way would they want to get rid. Skillwise he is up there with Gascoigne but as I have said before he is easily bullied because of his small frame. In a way its a shame , if he was 30 lbs heavier he would be one of the world's leading players.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barcelona do not see him as a game changer. If they did no way would they want to get rid. Skillwise he is up there with Gascoigne but as I have said before he is easily bullied because of his small frame. In a way its a shame , if he was 30 lbs heavier he would be one of the world's leading players.

I doubt Barcelona would have spent £137million on him and Bayern wouldn't have taken him on loan if his size was an issue

It is his injuries and wages that are causing Barcelona to look to sell him, he was actually playing regularly for Barcelona last season until his injury

Also if Coutinho plays 10 more games for Barcelona they have to give Liverpool another £20million

If he was 30Ibs heavier it could also greatly impact his ability to turn and his speed - plenty of slight footballers are brilliant and don't need to get any bigger to be quality

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I doubt Barcelona would have spent £137million on him and Bayern wouldn't have taken him on loan if his size was an issue

It is his injuries and wages that are causing Barcelona to look to sell him, he was actually playing regularly for Barcelona last season until his injury

Also if Coutinho plays 10 more games for Barcelona they have to give Liverpool another £20million

If he was 30Ibs heavier it could also greatly impact his ability to turn and his speed - plenty of slight footballers are brilliant and don't need to get any bigger to be quality

There are plenty of short footballers , many of whom are very strong, but few of his build .  The only one who springs to mind is Gilmour but he is still young enough to pack on more muscle. Gascoigne of course was very powerful in his prime and that never limited his agility. The injuries Countinho gets probably come from the years of lopsided impacts he has had to endure. It is a shame he can be a joy to watch but there you are.

Edited by An Sionnach

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There are plenty of short footballers , many of whom are very strong, but few of his build .  The only one who springs to mind is Gilmour but he is still young enough to pack on more muscle. Gascoigne of course was very powerful in his prime and that never limited his agility. The injuries Countinho gets probably come from the years of lopsided impacts he has had to endure. It is a shame he can be a joy to watch but there you are.

Football is also very different from the days of Gascoigne

Some of the best players in the world are short slight players who don’t need to beef up to be better

Majority of long term injuries suffered are nothing to do with impacts built up over the years - just look at Ricardo, Barnes, JJ - majority are in the moment impact injuries that wouldn’t have been prevented by being heavier

Coutinho has been a top level player for over 10 years, if he needed to bulk up to improve his game a club would’ve made it happen by now

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3