Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There are plenty of short footballers , many of whom are very strong, but few of his build .  The only one who springs to mind is Gilmour but he is still young enough to pack on more muscle. Gascoigne of course was very powerful in his prime and that never limited his agility. The injuries Countinho gets probably come from the years of lopsided impacts he has had to endure. It is a shame he can be a joy to watch but there you are.

David Silva ?!

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

David Silva certainly isn’t heavily built, no more than Coutinho

Hard to tell watching them on the pitch but Coutinho weighs approx. 143 lbs and his skill helps him avoid many heavy tackles but he will still get caught by 190 lb defenders often and that has to have its effect.

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Surprised he’s even replying, sionnach talks utter nonsense on here 24/7

Honestly man the amount of times he’s nearly reeled me in to reply (actually he has caught me a few times lol )!! Has to be on the wind up though as half his comments you’d think he’s accidentally been watching rugby his whole life thinking it was football

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Honestly man the amount of times he’s nearly reeled me in to reply (actually he has caught me a few times lol )!! Has to be on the wind up though as half his comments you’d think he’s accidentally been watching rugby his whole life thinking it was football

If players aren’t doing this on the sidelines, they aren’t worth signing

4D1BB483-B2B3-4C00-A56B-510C4F75FCEC.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Not even on the windup that’s the dangerous thing. I know football is a game of opinions but hot damn…

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

I really don't mind you having a bit of fun at my expense , that's what forums are for. I am , as I have said though , not a fan of lightweight players. That is where I stand and always have.

Beaglehole, you've been rumbled

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But you can't have players like Coutinho and Maddison not starting games. You don't sign a player on 300k a week and not play him. The only saving grace is he's likely to be injured a good amount but that's not a reason to have him and be able to rotate said big players....

Tbf, that pretty much happened with us last season...not as many selection problems that you would think our squad would cause, all due to injuries. With still dealing with COVID scheduling issues, and going into the 2022-2023 season with that messed up World Cup schedule, I think it is going to be a few years before the injury list problem calms down...

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

You have a point there, what we really need is an attacker who is a cross between Mickey Quinn and Jan Koller. Strangely they both scored loads of goals.