Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Maddison's technique is his problem....not being kicked up in the air be defensive brutes!!!

The slightest touch and he will go down, their is little or no impact that he sustains as he is so adept in buying fouls. His follow through in deadball situations has had an impact and his "backfoot turn" means a reliance of turning his hip off balance on one leg.

All probably true , but his boney frame can't tolerate much impact. Youri is chunkier and rides impact well, hence less injury.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All probably true , but his boney frame can't tolerate much impact. Youri is chunkier and rides impact well, hence less injury.

surprising he’s still alive then after his time at Liverpool…

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are you actually insane

You're talking about a guy who played 150 odd Premier League games for a top side, was consistently world class and impressed so much during that period (in which he was Liverpools player of the year twice) that he got a a 9 figure move to the then biggest club on the planet? 

He can clearly cut it in the Premier League. 

Have you not seen the guys posts before?

Clearly on the wind up or just plain stupid. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

He has demonstrated his skill so often that nobody can deny he is a brilliant footballer but his schoolboy physique has been his downfall , football is a man's game. Eventually the impacts from 6-3 , 190 lb defenders takes its toll and the injuries are building up. We have our own problems with Maddison for similar reasons we wouldn't want another one.

I imagine by now we're all capable of applying your patented 'is he big' test when assessing a potential signing

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I imagine by now we're all capable of applying your patented 'is he big' test when assessing a potential signing

so glad we didn’t sign up that skinny-knees knocking together-winger Riyad Mahrez we scouted over in France!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK I admit it ,I am not a great believer in lightweight footballers. Maybe its because when I was young there was no such thing. Its easier to get away with it these days with the protection players get from referees but even so when you put our midfield up against say Henderson and Fabinho they are at a disadvantage. Coutinho is a great footballer to watch I would never deny that but we need strength in our team as well as skill . Soumaré will give us more of that for instance. After match analysis on here ,when we lose, often points to our being out muscled in midfield and we need to attend to that.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

C4720E64-D6E7-41DF-B393-CE13C2E4084A.thumb.jpeg.0c403cba3ee71bb30cb1d0ca979dc85a.jpeg

Why did you choose a photo that makes him look like a character from Narcos that regrets their impulsive stand being overly ambitious and is now coming to the realisation that he's trapped between the Federales, the DEA and a rival Kingpin and will soon be dead? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

OK I admit it ,I am not a great believer in lightweight footballers. Maybe its because when I was young there was no such thing. Its easier to get away with it these days with the protection players get from referees but even so when you put our midfield up against say Henderson and Fabinho they are at a disadvantage. Coutinho is a great footballer to watch I would never deny that but we need strength in our team as well as skill . Soumaré will give us more of that for instance. After match analysis on here ,when we lose, often points to our being out muscled in midfield and we need to attend to that.

This is how growing up works, you too get bigger, so those footballers weren’t actually twice your size, just older  :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

This is how growing up works, you too get bigger, so those footballers weren’t actually twice your size, just older  :D

Believe me I was 18 when I stood next to Graham Cross and he was massive.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There has always been slightly built and short footballers.  Some of them as hard as nails.  I give you Nobby Stiles: 

“At one point when England played France in the group matches Nobby tackled one of the French players so heavily that the Football Association tried to get Alf Ramsay to leave him out of the team because he was too dangerous."

There used to be a short-arse hard man in most teams as I recall and often Scotttish - Bremner, Speedie, Mauchlen...

edit - Harumph.  Beaten to it   :rolleyes:

Edited by murphy

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't care if you're 100 years old, this is objectively false. It's always been a game for people of all sizes. 

True, but its not about height, many short players are as hard as nails , Perez is about 5-11 but still physically slight. 

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why did you choose a photo that makes him look like a character from Narcos that regrets their impulsive stand being overly ambitious and is now coming to the realisation that he's trapped between the Federales, the DEA and a rival Kingpin and will soon be dead? 

Weren’t me who done it guv I found it online honest

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

True, but its not about height, many short players are as hard as nails , Perez is about 5-11 but still physically slight. 

Physique has nothing to do with it.  There's virtually nothing between Vardy and Perez in terms of height and weight.  Just 1cm and 2 kgs.  The difference is that Vardy has aggression, fight and a bit of good old fashioned spite about him.  Perez wouldn't recognise any of those things if he fell over them which he probably would do anyway.  He falls over everything else.

Edited by murphy

This lightweight players debate is so old hat, I thought it was over to be honest. Mahrez, Vardy, Foden, Mount and Fernandes are just a few examples. If you've got the skills to make your physique work for you, it doesn't matter if you're 6'4" and built like Was or Big Wes or 5'4" and built like a Jacob's cracker.

You don't even have to be massive to be a keeper these days. De Gea was skinny most of his Man Utd career and Meslier isn't the most commanding figure but has just had a superb first season in the Prem.