Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd be nuts if you didn't want him here, as long as it doesn't impact on us getting the other signings we need in other positions.

Depends if he'd want to be here or if it's just him getting paid and going through the motions

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd be nuts if you didn't want him here, as long as it doesn't impact on us getting the other signings we need in other positions.

As long as his knee actually works now I would love it if we got him

That is the only problem I potentially have with us getting him

13 minutes ago, urban fox said:

In a 4231 in place of Perez on the right of the three behind the striker I would have thought. Still think unlikely unless he is taking a massive pay cut. Barca want him off the payroll so can’t see any sort of subsidised loan deal.

that said I still stand by my comments in other threads that we may well surprise a few with a high profile marquee signing and this could be it. @AjcW makes a valid point in that our new sponsors may be pushing for a significant signing to raise their profile as a newcomer into the field 

....are you inferring that the tail, could be wagging the dog!!!

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I can think of no footballer who would take a 50% wage cut and Barcelona are contracted to pay him that money. They pay a player 300 grand a week to do nothing that is their problem. 

The only possibility is we give barca €20m, we pay him £150/200k a week and they make up the difference, at it saves them some money I guess if they have no intention of using him 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...where does he play and who makes way!!!

Wherever he wants and who cares.

But it’s not happening.  Pure fantasy.

Edited by Deeg67

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....are you inferring that the tail, could be wagging the dog!!!

Not really but it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that there is something in the deal that stipulates a certain percentage of the cash be used for recruitment only. There could be a contingency pot set aside that the club could draw on for a specific purchase outside the main deal. However it is structured it will be to the benefit of both parties.

A big name signing holding up the shirt with their name on is worth a fortune in free advertising to the sponsors and the club gets a quality player 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Coutinho on managagble wages and with a genuine interest in proving a point would be one of the best players we've ever had at this club. 

The state of some of you. He was almost unplayable last time he was in this league. 

He's had a hard time since he left but Barca shouldn't have ever bought him, he's neither the first nor last ill advised signing they've made that hasn't adapted to playing with Messi and Co. 

For me the only issue is the percent of wage and fee we'd have to pay out. If he's coming to us, he's not coming fit, and the chance of his injury recurring is fairly high. How much of the season he plays to the wage outlay is up to the manager and owners to work out.

He has demonstrated his skill so often that nobody can deny he is a brilliant footballer but his schoolboy physique has been his downfall , football is a man's game. Eventually the impacts from 6-3 , 190 lb defenders takes its toll and the injuries are building up. We have our own problems with Maddison for similar reasons we wouldn't want another one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

For me the only issue is the percent of wage and fee we'd have to pay out. If he's coming to us, he's not coming fit, and the chance of his injury recurring is fairly high. How much of the season he plays to the wage outlay is up to the manager and owners to work out.

loan with first option to buy would suit me.

if he gets injured for a long time, send him back. We’ll have lost nothing.

Just now, skolfoxes said:

A loan with Barca covering most of his wages and surely this is a no brainer.

However I think this has Arsenal written all over it!

You’d have to question a players insanity if they choose to go to Arsenal! 

6 minutes ago, skolfoxes said:

A loan with Barca covering most of his wages and surely this is a no brainer.

Why on earth would this happen? 

They need money desperately. The whole point is getting him off their wage bill. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Why on earth would this happen? 

They need money desperately. The whole point is getting him off their wage bill. 

Sorry should have been clearer.

I don't think this will happen, preceicely for the reason you've stated, there's no way we're paying anyone even half of the kind of money he's on.

Which is why I said it's got Arsenal written all over it, huge wages to a seemingly past it big name who's signing will keep their fans happy for a few weeks.

19 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He has demonstrated his skill so often that nobody can deny he is a brilliant footballer but his schoolboy physique has been his downfall , football is a man's game. Eventually the impacts from 6-3 , 190 lb defenders takes its toll and the injuries are building up. We have our own problems with Maddison for similar reasons we wouldn't want another one.

....Maddison's technique is his problem....not being kicked up in the air by defensive brutes!!!

The slightest touch and he will go down, there is little or no impact that he sustains as he is so adept in buying fouls. His follow through in deadball situations has had an impact and his "backfoot turn" means a reliance of turning his hip off balance on one leg.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1