Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

Nah I’m not arsed either. Like I said who knows what goes on. Just hope he gets back to fitness and form. Guess if there is stuff going on in personal life it can impact the form, hopefully he just gets back to where he was before the lay off.

10 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Nah I’m not arsed either. Like I said who knows what goes on. Just hope he gets back to fitness and form. Guess if there is stuff going on in personal life it can impact the form, hopefully he just gets back to where he was before the lay off.

Fully fit and motivated Maddison is a major weapon , but now we have options with Soumaré, KDH and Praet we just need to be patient . If he gets it together then he can force himself back into the starting eleven. If not,  we can cope quite well and he will have to ask himself if he has the mental strength to sustain a successful career in top level football.

57 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I tend to agree. However, he must be somewhat naive if he thinks making the papers for the wrong reasons is not going to have an adverse impact on his career. It also isn't the publicity the club will look favourably upon, I wouldn't have thought.

i think, to some Degree, the club see this as an end of season ‘let off steam’. Their real concern is what happens during the season.

Edited by MPH

I bet the club don't give a shit for something like this. He's enjoying his off season. Players can do that. Not to mention he's clearly also done some other training as part of this off season, too. 

It's not like he's done some drink-driving and dangerous driving in a massive Range Rover and caused a hell of a lot of damage to other cars. Media seem to have quickly forgotten about that. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fully fit and motivated Maddison is a major weapon , but now we have options with Soumaré, KDH and Praet we just need to be patient . If he gets it together then he can force himself back into the starting eleven. If not,  we can cope quite well and he will have to ask himself if he has the mental strength to sustain a successful career in top level football.

I don't think an of those provide the creativity that Maddison can when on form. This is what we need to cover.

53 minutes ago, MPH said:

i think, to some Degree, the club see this as an end of season ‘let off steam’. Their real concern is what happens during the season.

Maybe, but King Power have worked hard to establish their brand beyond South East Asia and the bottom line is if the way their employees behave reflects badly on their brand, then they aren't going to overly impressed. 

But like you say, they may not give a toss.

Edited by MGLCFC

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I tend to agree. However, he must be somewhat naive if he thinks making the papers for the wrong reasons is not going to have an adverse impact on his career. It also isn't the publicity the club will look favourably upon, I wouldn't have thought.

Yeah agree mate it’s a case of if he performs and fvcks around no one really bats an eye lid if he doesn’t and then fvcks around everyone goes mad, he will act however he wants to, I just hope he can play to his ability and help the team on the pitch 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Who is saying that? Footballers by their very position are in the public eye, and this will always attract (often over the top)criticism, just as film stars, NBA stars, etc do.

Basically such roles are judged  by the kangaroo court of public opinion, it might not be right, but its hardly a suprise.

I said 'appear to be' meaning no one is stating it explicitly, but are heavily implying that it is their opinion based on their reactions to maddisons actions.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

What type of fun is he having?  Pictures show a young man at a party talking to a young woman.  If you can only think about them having sex it says more about your than Madders' character.  Embarrassing that a couple of not particularly incriminating pics weigh more heavily in your opinion than all the charity work and outreach he's done.

I just read the article pal! I’m talking about the type of fun they are suggesting in said article. I haven't made judgments myself at alll. Like I said I’m not arsed, as Lon he performs on pitch, on his day and in a good place he is very very dangerous! How he is perceived in the media could impact it! No one mentioned sex haha  😂

Edited by DezFox

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Maybe, but King Power have worked hard to establish their brand beyond South East Asia and the bottom line is if the way their employees behave reflects badly on their brand, then they aren't going to overly impressed. 

But like you say, they may not give a toss.

i think whatever happens they want it out of the public eye

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Just for those who don’t click on the article, the agent isn’t meeting us like the Tweet kind of suggests (at least to me it does lol)

“Coutinho’s agent shares a good relationship with the Spanish giants and they are set to meet Barca leaders next week, when the two parties will have ‘face-to-face’ talks, to ‘assess what could be the most interesting proposal’.”

7 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Sport Witness. Witnessing sport from the inside of his stinking bedroom at his parents house.

I’d still take Coutinho though, despite as one poster wrote the other day that ‘he has the structural integrity of Ryvita’ atm.

Just now, Nick said:

Sport Witness. Witnessing sport from the inside of his stinking bedroom at his parents house.

I’d still take Coutinho though, despite as one poster wrote the other day that ‘he has the structural integrity of Ryvita’ atm.

Nothing wrong with Sport Witness, pretty good aggregator for foreign news articles 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nothing wrong with Sport Witness, pretty good aggregator for foreign news articles 

So’s Google! But for me there’s very much a lot wrong with Sport Witness for any real information that’s not already readily available elsewhere and re-hashed with awful clickbait nonsense.

Old Phil really has got Barcelona in a state hasn't he. Nobody, that is nobody is going to take that salary off their hands. The best bit of business Liverpool have ever done. It went a good way to paying for their new stand.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

So’s Google! But for me there’s very much a lot wrong with Sport Witness for any real information that’s not already readily available elsewhere and re-hashed with awful clickbait nonsense.

Ye but unless you adjust your settings, or manage to get your recommendeds to work in your favour, it can be pretty hard to get foreign articles to reliably show up. For example if most people were to search leicester, it would be 100s of pages down where you might have a chance of Google showing you anything in a foreign country that isn't the USA, Canada or Australia.

• Like 1

The thing is with signings like this (not saying for a second it will happen, even if we are genuinely interested) it's not necessarily all about the player on the pitch. 

While it's very different, pulling off a signing like this could have the same impact as when Man City signed Robinho. 

The signing never really worked out, putting it mildly. But I do believe that the signing helped make Man City what they are now. 

Signing a player of this stature could help us become more recognised. Players, pundits, media and fans would look at it as "Leicester aren't messing around anymore" we could go from a hot bed of young, talented players with huge potential to a side who is genuinely serious about challenging for titles on the big stage. 

We know that we are already doing so, but from the outside looking in that may not be the case. Of course, with our structure it would be a huge gamble, and we can't afford the risk of Coutinho turning out like Robinho did for Man City, so the fit would have to be right, but if we did pull off a signing like this and it did work out, other players of similar standing could be more easily persuaded to join us

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nick said:

It just sources stories from foreign media and relays them in English. It's better than the Mercury who use Foxestalk for their stories. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Ye but unless you adjust your settings, or manage to get your recommendeds to work in your favour, it can be pretty hard to get foreign articles to reliably show up. For example if most people were to search leicester, it would be 100s of pages down where you might have a chance of Google showing you anything in a foreign country that isn't the USA, Canada or Australia.

Well yeah, you have to use Google effectively, of course. 

37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It just sources stories from foreign media and relays them in English. It's better than the Mercury who use Foxestalk for their stories. 

Well yeah, the Mercury site is an abomination of repurposed content.

• Like 2