Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  feel that you have misunderstood my post!!!

He is talking about being stitched up by someone he believed to be a friend or at least asked for him to give him his trust.

Why should he take a post  paying less money and living in an area that will not suit his family. He has lost a lot of game time, why not take this opportunity to get something out of this. Take the money,  Rodgers knew who he was bringing him. Our system did not suit him. Why did we bring him here. 

He will probably be gone in the summer, with a new baby, this is the best time for him to be available,  he won't be too unhappy with that.

Goodluck to him.

He come out at the time and said it wasn't about money,

How would a loan or another transfer stop him getting something out of this? He would've had a second signing on fee in short time.

There where plenty of clubs interested

Players travel further than Leicester to London in the Prem, 

So he could've taken a 6 month loan played and in a world cup and revisited his options in January, He chose to stick it out even though there was no indication he would fare any better than the season before with 6 starts. I could understand the sympathy if he was told he was not needed straight after the transfer but he had a year to impress.

Maybe those that forgot should read the matchday threads of the appearances he did make. He was the Danny Ward of 21/22

He did manage to score for Fulham in the end though

Jannik Vestergaard plays 90 minutes and scores an own goal in the under-21s' 7-0 home defeat against Fulham

With those sort of performances is it any surprise he hasn't been seen again in the league or for the u21s

12 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

He come out at the time and said it wasn't about money,

How would a loan or another transfer stop him getting something out of this? He would've had a second signing on fee in short time.

There where plenty of clubs interested

Players travel further than Leicester to London in the Prem, 

So he could've taken a 6 month loan played and in a world cup and revisited his options in January, He chose to stick it out even though there was no indication he would fare any better than the season before with 6 starts. I could understand the sympathy if he was told he was not needed straight after the transfer but he had a year to impress.

Maybe those that forgot should read the matchday threads of the appearances he did make. He was the Danny Ward of 21/22

He did manage to score for Fulham in the end though

Jannik Vestergaard plays 90 minutes and scores an own goal in the under-21s' 7-0 home defeat against Fulham

With those sort of performances is it any surprise he hasn't been seen again in the league or for the u21s

I agree he is bad, but again you mention "if he was told he wasnt needed" in your post, thats the point, he was making, and some posters on here are trying to explain, according to his Interview he was frozen out, without explanation, no matter how bad he is, its incumbent on the manager to tell him why he isnt playing, (whilst obvious I grant you), but it's not the best man management of a player, to be cast aside with no comms as to why.

4 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I agree he is bad, but again you mention "if he was told he wasnt needed" in your post, thats the point, he was making, and some posters on here are trying to explain, according to his Interview he was frozen out, without explanation, no matter how bad he is, its incumbent on the manager to tell him why he isnt playing, (whilst obvious I grant you), but it's not the best man management of a player, to be cast aside with no comms as to why.

Isn’t accepting a transfer bid for less than the club paid for you in just 12 months, effectively telling you you’re surplus to requirements?

He isn’t the first player, and won’t be the last.

Sometimes things just don’t work out.

Did he need it spelt out?

6 starts 4 sub appearances in the league when you’re brought in to replace an injured defender?

Its all fairly self explanatory.

Yeah Rogers should’ve told him how pony he thought he was, but the writing was on the wall.

Most fans don’t need analytical scouting breakdown to know none of the Southampton back 4 should’ve been touched with a bargepole let alone 2.
So yeah it all boils down to piss poor recruitment and the subsequent fall out that has resulted in a toxic atmosphere from the way many players have been poorly treated/managed.

Players frozen out,

Mendy removed from squad,

Nacho dropped after good form,

Praet loaned out,

Slagging players off after Forest cup defeat.

To reversing decisions when the shit hits the fan, and then expecting those players to give there all to get results for a manager they probably can’t stand.

• Like 1

Will he leave in the summer then? Bemoaning the other halves preganancy as a reason not to leave, I would hazard a guess he had opportunities to leave before the semen & egg said hello.

Just stinks of a moaning pile of turd who quite rightly isn’t get anywhere the pitch. He self sacrificed a World Cup appearance for himself and now has gone public. Well Jan …. Bugger off in the summer mate and close the door on the way out!

7 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I’ve always maintained we offered/accepted his contract terms. Vestergaard therefore has the right to sit tight and see out his contract. 

That said, he really needs to shut up and just accept the money.

He never criticed the club or his fellow players only Rodgers. You know compared with the brutal invective that the Irishman gets on here , he is a gentleman. However he should have stayed at Southampton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He never criticed the club or his fellow players only Rodgers. You know compared with the brutal invective that the Irishman gets on here , he is a gentleman. However he should have stayed at Southampton.

I have no qualm your are right (I’ve been told Vestergaard is indeed a gentleman and courteous towards all the staff). That said, publicly criticising the manager (and by association the club) seems a pointless task. What does he gain from it? 

Nobody putting up Public enermy #1s reply to Vestergaards comment?

He said at his press conference on Thursday: “I'll not talk too much on it because it was an unauthorised interview that was given. I've spoken to Jannik and I had to make sure I was talking to him as I'd seen in his quote he didn't know why (he was not playing).

“I had to make sure I wasn't talking to his twin brother for the last 14 or 15 months. He was very clear on his position here at the club.
“We have respected him when he has decided to stay and that communication has always been there, with him and with the club, about where he stands. I was surprised when I saw it. Anything that happens we will deal with internally and we'll move on from there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, drew said:

Everyone will get a clean slate. He has to pick these players up and there is no point alienating some from day one.

Same for me. Some I have higher expectations of than others lol but in fairness to Vestergaard, he's played in defences less abject than ours has been this season, which tells you one how terribly coached defensively we've been, and how bad a fit of a signing he was.

Think the most baffling thing about Rodgers is how often he seems to buy players totally ill-fitted for what he wants. I just don't get it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Everyone gets a clean sheet but he’s still shit.

I would be interested to see him in a low block. Playing him in a high line left him exposed. Not saying he will be any different, just interested to see. 

Brendan rodgers is a cnut that works to his own agenda. We all know that. Of chemical imbalance level .

So I'd like to see everyone inc vestegaard, soyuncu, kels, praet given another go playing in their best position. Appreciate hardly the time for this,  but  the sentiment should be there.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Same for me. Some I have higher expectations of than others lol but in fairness to Vestergaard, he's played in defences less abject than ours has been this season, which tells you one how terribly coached defensively we've been, and how bad a fit of a signing he was.

Think the most baffling thing about Rodgers is how often he seems to buy players totally ill-fitted for what he wants. I just don't get it.

Maybe he’s not an elite manager after all?

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As a defensive coach , he is hopeless. This was always known at Liverpool and Celtic. I am sorry but solidity at the back is the defining factor in consistently successful teams. Arsenal had geniuses in Bergkamp and Henry but it was their formidable defense that made them so hard to beat. Rodgers has little idea how to organise this. He is in no way " elite".

Rodgers' European record stops him from being "elite".

Only Pep and Klopp are the "elite" managers in the league this season.

But back on your point, quite right defensively, even when Rodgers finished 2nd with Liverpool they conceded 50 goals. The goals of Suarez, who was also a genuis, and Sturridge allowed them to outscore the opponent a lot of times.

On topic though, I don't rate Vestergaard and will be surprised if he turns into anything for us. Never seen such a tall player unable to head a football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, scinnell said:

I would be interested to see him in a low block. Playing him in a high line left him exposed. Not saying he will be any different, just interested to see. 

...he did perform very well in a low block sometime ago, I  just cannot remember the team we were up against!!!

Horses for courses, if we need someone to hold the backline and not look for him to chase back facing his own goal then he is an option.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...he did perform very well in a low block sometime ago, I  just cannot remember the team we were up against!!!

Horses for courses, if we need someone to hold the backline and not look for him to chase back facing his own goal then he is an option.

I am sure it was the game away at Rennes? 

• Like 1