Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

Oh, and every good manager would ditch a player if he went into the media and questioned him. Doesn't matter if it's Rodgers, Pearson, O'Neill... don't go to the media and criticise the manager, especially when you're so shit yourself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He shouldn't be so shit then.

Shit performances, has rejected moves and openly criticises the manager. I have no sympathy for him.

Doesn’t help when your manager plays a high line regardless of who’s in defence. Rightly criticised the manager - from what Vestergaard is saying Brendan chased him for 18 months. Why sign someone who clearly can’t play a high line, to then play a high line and be surprised he’s shit…

Only thing I can criticise him for is rejecting the Fulham move - if that was a genuine option. The others you can understand given his wife was heavily pregnant. 

• Like 4

Just now, shiv said:

Doesn’t help when your manager plays a high line regardless of who’s in defence. Rightly criticised the manager - from what Vestergaard is saying Brendan chased him for 18 months. Why sign someone who clearly can’t play a high line, to then play a high line and be surprised he’s shit…

Only thing I can criticise him for is rejecting the Fulham move - if that was a genuine option. The others you can understand given his wife was heavily pregnant. 

We could play on our own 6 yard box and Vestergaard would still be pathetic. Tallest player we've probably ever had and can't even head the ball. Rubbish player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

After the manager said he was in his plans. Rodgers has form for mucking players about and being totally incapable of being honest with them. 

Believe the quote I read said that we were going to keep him and start from scratch in the summer. Then Fulham come in who play using players similar to Vestergaard, you're right with BR having history for this type of player ****ery, but surely the writing was fairly on the wall for the player?

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Believe the quote I read said that we were going to keep him and start from scratch in the summer. Then Fulham come in who play using players similar to Vestergaard, you're right with BR having history for this type of player ****ery, but surely the writing was fairly on the wall for the player?

This is what he said “Leicester announced early on that they wanted to keep me; confirmed that I was doing well and that we were starting the new season from scratch. I bought that message with all the loyalty I have for my club and the people in and around it. So I expected to stay at Leicester and have a good second season.” 

The manager needs to make his mind up and not mess people about. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-carroll-lost-respect-brendan-8553720

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Pound for pound is this the worst signing the club has ever made? Scratching my head trying to think of one as disastrous. 

It’s close. Him, Silva, Akinbiyi (in the context of him being record signing at the time). Musa was awful, but at least we got some of the money back. 

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s close. Him, Silva, Akinbiyi (in the context of him being record signing at the time). Musa was awful, but at least we got some of the money back. 

Not sure we even made a loss (transfer fee wise) on Musa did we? Thought that Arab team who signed him basically paid what we paid for him?

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This is what he said “Leicester announced early on that they wanted to keep me; confirmed that I was doing well and that we were starting the new season from scratch. I bought that message with all the loyalty I have for my club and the people in and around it. So I expected to stay at Leicester and have a good second season.” 

The manager needs to make his mind up and not mess people about. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-carroll-lost-respect-brendan-8553720

This is where I have sympathy with him. His first opportunity to move away, sounds like he was bullshitted into staying by Rodgers. Yes I’m sure finances played a part but also mislead. Then January he had legit personal reasons.

This is more on Rodgers for

A - pushing for the signing in the first place

B - freezing him out last season

C - Pushing for him when he intends on playing tactics completely not suited to the player

D - Bullshitting him that he was good enough last summer

E - Now having small man dictator syndrome and having a paddy for him questioning him 

• Like 4

Gotta say i feel.for Vestergaard its exactly as its written Rodgers knew all about him Rodgers tactics left him isolated which isnt his strength i would suggest if another manager came in who played a more direct game in he could well be a useful player ! Rodgers has a big ego its clear to see

Edited by Jono1604

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Adrian Silva says hello.

To be fair that comedic and extremely petty deadline day cock up concerning the transfer of Silva (and the fact that he then couldn't play for us for the next four months thereafter!), probably didn't help one iota but yes, he was shit....just not as shit as Vestergaard! 

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vestergaard?

“I’ll not talk too much on it as it was an unauthorised interview. He said he didn’t know why. I had to make sure I wasn’t talking to his twin brother, because I’ve been very clear on his position on the club. That communication has always been there. I was surprised. Anything that happened, we’ll deal with internally. Any success we’ve had has been with solidarity and I’ll always look to protect that."

Hmm. There's probably a little truth from both parties here, but ultimately neither of them have done themselves any favours. From what Jannick has said, Rodgers pushed for his signing. Since then Rodgers has asked him to first play a role which exposes his weaknesses, and then frozen him out.

I have some sympathy for Jannick there, as he came here thinking he would play, and his wife being heavily pregnant will naturally have played a big part in his not wanting to move far. People suggesting he could have left the country for a German club aren't really getting that he and his wife have been in England with Southampton before then too, so she's likely built up a support network. I don't care how much footballers earn, you can't buy emotional support for pregnancy.

However, him not moving to Fulham makes zero sense, so for that Jannick is culpable.

Fulham would have been an ideal move for lurch to re-start his career. That one is really baffling. Especially when you look at how well they are playing in the league. Everything else I believe is probably true both him  & Rogers to blame for a bad relationship.

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Pound for pound is this the worst signing the club has ever made? Scratching my head trying to think of one as disastrous. 

Pound for pound he might not even be the worst of that window. We signed a player who is I think supposed to be a ball winning midfielder that doesn't run and as a midfielder has scored 1 goal in something like 160 proper games. He doesn't assist, doesn't track back, doesn't link up play. I'm not even sure what he does yet somehow we paid a fortune for him on the back of 1 season in the French league. Vestergaard is useless but amazingly we almost got rid of him for what we paid to Fulham. Who is going to pay what we did for Soumare unless he gets an attitude transplant and starts at least running properly. 

Edited by desertfox2
Soumare
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Matt Jones is one that always occurs to me - although not entirely the player's fault 

signed for ~3m ? (when that was a lot !) to replace Neil Lennon, but he became permanently broken and retired in his 20's

so its basically his fault Junior Lewis kept getting a game.

• Like 1