Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Rodgers' European record stops him from being "elite".

Only Pep and Klopp are the "elite" managers in the league this season.

But back on your point, quite right defensively, even when Rodgers finished 2nd with Liverpool they conceded 50 goals. The goals of Suarez, who was also a genuis, and Sturridge allowed them to outscore the opponent a lot of times.

On topic though, I don't rate Vestergaard and will be surprised if he turns into anything for us. Never seen such a tall player unable to head a football.

I always thought Vestergaard was Ian Ormondroyd reborn as a central defender. However that is probably unfair on Ormondroyd, who always made an effort whatever position he was put into.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, floz said:

Hmmmm.......

Well this is bollocks. As has been evidenced in the last two years, your much more likely to pick up a real injury than a fake one at our training ground.

4 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

True plus, not being funny, but wouldn’t that sort of tweet be tantamount to slander as well?

Yeah. You’re right unless it can be proved to be true. 

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Well this is bollocks. As has been evidenced in the last two years, your much more likely to pick up a real injury than a fake one at our training ground.

Yeah. You’re right unless it can be proved to be true. 

If John Percy had tweeted it then I’d probably believe it but not this guy based on his number of followers 

On 13/04/2023 at 08:33, The Fox Covert said:

I always thought Vestergaard was Ian Ormondroyd reborn as a central defender. However that is probably unfair on Ormondroyd, who always made an effort whatever position he was put into.

This appalling travesty isn’t fit to lace the Droyd’s boots 

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I cannot believe someone would think that is approaching legit ahhahahaha, Barry Finger ahahahah

im fairly sure it’s the same person behind Martin Cocksure and Sean from Enderby.

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I cannot believe someone would think that is approaching legit ahhahahaha, Barry Finger ahahahah

"Barry Finger" twitter profile pic is the actor John Carroll Lynch!

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I think a conversation needs to be had regarding big Jannik, most seem to be excluding/ignoring him when listing squads etc for the new season, but he's still our player and there have been no rumours linking him with a move away, so it looks like he's here for the foreseeable. Can Maresca find a place for him? One of his strengths is that he's comfortable in possession and can pick a pass, things that Maresca will be looking for. Maybe if we play 3 at the back his weaknesses will be less of an issue

Can he find a way back?

He really has been rubbish, but given our decline and the toxic environment created by the management everyone should be getting a clean slate.

If he's still at our club come the end of the transfer window, we should find a way to involve him and allow him to fight for his place. No passengers allowed this season.

He's not a complete donkey - he was a premier league defender before we signed him and a decent performer for a solid international team. Good at heading and passing. I do think the right manager could get get him playing well again - fingers crossed Maresca is that man.

That being said, I'd not lose any sleep if we did manage to move him on.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Gonna be controversial, but maybe a new manager gets a tune out of him.

Let’s face it Rodgers had a special talent for draining talent and ability out of players. 

• Like 2