Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

35 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

He really has been rubbish, but given our decline and the toxic environment created by the management everyone should be getting a clean slate.

If he's still at our club come the end of the transfer window, we should find a way to involve him and allow him to fight for his place. No passengers allowed this season.

He's not a complete donkey - he was a premier league defender before we signed him and a decent performer for a solid international team. Good at heading and passing. I do think the right manager could get get him playing well again - fingers crossed Maresca is that man.

That being said, I'd not lose any sleep if we did manage to move him on.

Still very visible in the Seagrave LCFC trading videos, comeback kid ?

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's just simply ill fitted for what we want to do and always was. He's a liability if you play a high line. He'd look better for somebody like Forest.

One of vestegaards qualities is is distribution out of defence, maybe he would be of use if we're playing a back 3 

17 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

One of vestegaards qualities is is distribution out of defence, maybe he would be of use if we're playing a back 3 

ive wondered exactly the same thing. I dont really know how all parties have got themselves into this situation, but there is a decent player in there (certainly at this level) if you play to his strengths.Even if we dont play deep all the time having optionality is always a good thing. £70k a weeks worth of good thing...well thats another matter

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

I remember being excited  with the signings we made the year we got relegated to the 1st division. I  said something along the lines of “ there’s no way we will be bottom half this year!”

To be fair i think everyone thought that. Ironically i remember everyone thinking we would struggle when we initially went down in 2002. The old Century 106 phone in that swore there was no allegiance to Forest despite having 2 Forest presenters predicted Derby would walk the league, Forest would win the play offs and we'd be mid table. Clowns.

10 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I think a conversation needs to be had regarding big Jannik, most seem to be excluding/ignoring him when listing squads etc for the new season, but he's still our player and there have been no rumours linking him with a move away, so it looks like he's here for the foreseeable. Can Maresca find a place for him? One of his strengths is that he's comfortable in possession and can pick a pass, things that Maresca will be looking for. Maybe if we play 3 at the back his weaknesses will be less of an issue

Can he find a way back?

For me no. He was earning £70,000 a week prior to the relegation percentage deduction. Take 30% off his wages, he’s still earning £49,000 a week.

Way too much for a squad player and it’s also been made clear multiple times from reporters that they’re actively trying to move him on this summer.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Coady is slow, Faes is slow, Vestergaard is criminally slow. Only Souttar could he possibly be bailed out by alongside him and even that's a stretch. We are in danger of having the most cumbersome defence in the league.

Doyle’s not the quickest on the turn either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Coady is slow, Faes is slow, Vestergaard is criminally slow. Only Souttar could he possibly be bailed out by alongside him and even that's a stretch. We are in danger of having the most cumbersome defence in the league.

It's the championship now, so a Coady and Faes pairing definitely wouldn't be the slowest. But agree that it would be nice to get somebody with a bit of pace in there if possible.

6 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

It's the championship now, so a Coady and Faes pairing definitely wouldn't be the slowest. But agree that it would be nice to get somebody with a bit of pace in there if possible.

Is this Fifa? Players are all automatically slower because they play in a lower division? :D 

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Doyle’s not the quickest on the turn either.

Let's be honest, not many even Premiership or European centre halves are racing snakes! I would argue that they don't necessarily have to be either, it's a bit of a myth. 

I doubt Virgil VanDyke would win many 100m races yet he's still pretty decent. Speed is not the first quality that springs to mind that I'd want from my centre half. Reading of the game and positioning however? We got Evans towards the end of his career but he was rarely outpaced, not because he was fleet of foot but more wiley enough to rarely be caught out having to attempt to sprint in the first place. 

If we look at the amount of goals we invariably conceded from set peices over the last couple of years, arguably they were our biggest achilles heel and had nothing to do with pace whatsoever.

If on the other hand it is blindingly obviously that you're centre halves are 6'4"+ and are clearly slow, then a manager who consistently employs a high line has to be a special sort of dumb.