st albans fox Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 daka simply doesn’t have the nouse of vards when it comes to closing down (splitting defenders) and making runs in behind But he has the best to learn from and hopefully he can.
dynamark Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 Dak needs these 30 minute slots not 10 when we are in trouble. 1
Popular Post Ric Flair Posted 4 October 2022 Popular Post Posted 4 October 2022 8 hours ago, brookfox said: Think my favourite thing about his goal wasn’t the finish but the little turn and run at the defence he did before laying it off. Feel like he’s getting the confidence to now do that as opposed to take the easier option and lay it back where it came from. Nice cameo and now must be close to a start. As much as he’s a legend I do wonder if it was heart over head extending Vardys contract. That's what I'd come on here to say. He got on the ball turned and ran, laid it off and then got in to a good position, it's what he's seemingly found very difficult to knit together in passages of play but it was great to see. 5
taupe Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 He's going to be good. With Vards showing his age I think we'll gradually see the transition. Daka fits in seamlessly too, it's almost the ideal scenario.
Jimmy Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 it won't be long before Vardy and Daka swap roles in the side permanently at this rate, though I do think Vardy will be like a cork out of a bottle once he finally breaks his duck for the season 3
LVFox Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 Would be my only change for Bournemouth (well, apart from the goalkeeper). Just think he’s our best centre forward at the club now.
Claridge Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 43 minutes ago, LVocey said: Would be my only change for Bournemouth (well, apart from the goalkeeper). Just think he’s our best centre forward at the club now. nowhere Vardys ability for a tight away game
Nick Posted 4 October 2022 Posted 4 October 2022 14 minutes ago, Claridge said: nowhere Vardys ability for a tight away game I kinda agree, but the elephant in the room is that Vardy is nowhere near Vardy's ability for a tight away game... I recognise his assist and his runs and his drawing of defenders but his shooting boots haven't been on for time now.
Claridge Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 23 hours ago, Nick said: I kinda agree, but the elephant in the room is that Vardy is nowhere near Vardy's ability for a tight away game... I recognise his assist and his runs and his drawing of defenders but his shooting boots haven't been on for time now. or his heading to be fair
smr Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 People shouldn't be comparing him to Vardy imo, he's his own man, and a different player. Vardy is unique, there's not been many / any like him before in terms of how he runs back lines and his athleticism running into spaces, pulling apart defenders etc. I think Daka's a bit more of a technical centre forward as well.
Popular Post indierich06 Posted 5 October 2022 Popular Post Posted 5 October 2022 Easy to forget Daka is only 23, Vardy didn't even sign for us till he was 25. Daka's got time to come good, and he already looks like he's got a lot of the ingredients to become a very good player for us. 5
turtmcfly Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 On 04/10/2022 at 18:07, Nick said: I kinda agree, but the elephant in the room is that Vardy is nowhere near Vardy's ability for a tight away game... I recognise his assist and his runs and his drawing of defenders but his shooting boots haven't been on for time now. Aye, but it's not something I'd attribute to aging so can't see a reason why it wouldn't come right again. He's had these periods before when he starts to get snatchy after a few misses, then he gets one and the dam bursts. Other than the finishing (yes, yes) on Monday night he just looked to me like... well, Vardy. And you have to start Vardy, no? 1
magoo Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 daka needs to start a head of vardy i think vardy should be used as an impact sub his legs have gone hes lost that extra yard of pace 1
taupe Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 8 minutes ago, turtmcfly said: Aye, but it's not something I'd attribute to aging Not necessarily, no. But it is a possibility. I reckon we have to ready ourselves, as a club and as fans, to the end of an era. Vards is deserving of the status which must not speak its name and there will come a time in, imho, the not so distant future where we will say 'thank you for the memories'... and it will feel nowhere near enough.
ARM1968 Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 Daka and Itchy are the future. Vardy will come good again this season and go in an epic run. Heard it here first.
splinterdream Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 Vardy has had numerous chances and isn't finishing them, Daka and Nacho have though, don't see what the debate is about.
fuchsntf Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 Vardy leads for awhile... Then Daka 60-70 min sub. But if Rodgers turns his front players around & decides on Nacho-Daka, I won't be adverse to it.
turtmcfly Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 1 hour ago, taupe said: Not necessarily, no. But it is a possibility. I reckon we have to ready ourselves, as a club and as fans, to the end of an era. Vards is deserving of the status which must not speak its name and there will come a time in, imho, the not so distant future where we will say 'thank you for the memories'... and it will feel nowhere near enough. Going to have to sleep on this
Finn Claw II Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 I’d rather start Daka and bring Vardy on at the moment, Partly Dana’s form/confidence but also Vardy would benefit from coming on when the opposition are tired. Nice to actually have an option to Vardy regardless if we want to play one up top!
coolhandfox Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 People getting a little carried away with 1 goal against an already beat side. Vardy has always had barren spells, even when he won the golden boot he had a period of no goals in 7 games. When we won the league he had two spells of were he didn't score for 6 games. We are going to need Vardy, Daka and Nacho to climb out of this mess.
Gamble92 Posted 5 October 2022 Posted 5 October 2022 So glad he is showing how good he is now but equally as glad Vardy started yesterday because he knows what that game means and set the tone for us from the off. I'm not quite sure Daka would do that just yet.
Nicolo Barella Posted 6 October 2022 Posted 6 October 2022 I'm not saying Daka should start every game over Vardy. But he should definitely start some.
Area88 Posted 9 October 2022 Posted 9 October 2022 His finish yesterday was really impressive. I am sure a lot of people were impressed with that finish. 1
Recommended Posts