Popular Post KFS Posted 6 November 2022 Popular Post Posted 6 November 2022 Apart from looking like he was shooting with Timberlands on I thought his movement and linkup with excellent 8 2
MPH Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 7 minutes ago, KFS said: Apart from looking like he was shooting with Timberlands on I thought his movement and linkup with excellent can you imagine how good he’ll be if he gets all areas of his game going on the same day!?!
surrifox Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 Loved his movement and pace but his finishing ( shooting straight at the keeper or blasting into row Z ) was peak Akinbiyi today but he’s a terrific player
RowlattsFox Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 His style of finishing looks rushed, some days it works, sometimes it looks poor. I think we are a better team with him running around up top though currently. 1
CUJimmy Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said: His style of finishing looks rushed, some days it works, sometimes it looks poor. I think we are a better team with him running around up top though currently. I was listening to it on the radio and they were full of praise for his pace and movement. I seem to remember when Vardy first came he had a specialist finishing coach (Kevin Phillips?) I think that is what Patsun needs. 1
fox_favourite Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 2 minutes ago, CUJimmy said: I was listening to it on the radio and they were full of praise for his pace and movement. I seem to remember when Vardy first came he had a specialist finishing coach (Kevin Phillips?) I think that is what Patsun needs. I think he’s got a good shot on him, but agree he needs coaching more on different ways to score, different techniques. Premier league needs the striker to be able to work in tight spaces. He’s movement has really improved this season. I like him, just needs to be more consistent. But his work rate and desire are definitely there. 1
Sunbury Fox Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 Thought he was terrific last night. The goals will come. 4
Blanchflower78 Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 Agree, movement looked good and he can clearly finish but last night everything looked so rushed with very little finesse
Iran Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 10 hours ago, baldeagle said: Funny how people see things differently where I’d agree he could have done better with some of his chances. I thought his movement was a lot better tonight and kept their two centre backs on their toes who are both well seasoned Premier league defenders You're right mate, in hind sight I was probably a bit harsh on Daka yesterday so my apologies for that. After rewatching the match today, he was far from anything disappointing and showed great movement on and off the ball (chances aside). 2
copunk Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 I really love Patson, he's going to be a pivotal player for us in the next few seasons to come He does seem to snatch at shots, but he gets himself in the right areas, has cracking movement and terrific pace 1
goose2010 Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 His movement and pace allows the space for the midfielders to break through. Seems to love playing and never looks downbeat. Not too fussed about the goals they will come. 1
deep blue Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 1 hour ago, fox_favourite said: I think he’s got a good shot on him, but agree he needs coaching more on different ways to score, different techniques. Premier league needs the striker to be able to work in tight spaces. He’s movement has really improved this season. I like him, just needs to be more consistent. But his work rate and desire are definitely there. I found your first sentence interesting as I'm rereading Vardy's bio at the mo and he makes exactly that observation - that Kevin Phillips gave him great coaching on movement but, in particular, of finding different ways to score in the different situations. Daka's recently made reference to the plentiful advice he's already had from Vards. I'm confident we'll see him becoming a regular scorer soon. His movement yesterday was brilliant.
Guest Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 He's snatching at his chances but they are mainly half chances that he'd be doing pretty well to score rather than anything really presentable - he's still overperforming on xG and the only big 1v1 opportunity I can recall him having this season was at Brighton, which he scored. He is absolutely lightning, his touch and passing are improving and his movement and work rate make him an asset in a way that I don't think Vardy can be from the start these days. He's a lovely fella and I've got plenty of faith in him.
Fox92 Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 Snatching chances though. Taking them too early. Perhaps it’s confidence but aside from that he’s okay.
lcfcell Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 He has really improved in my eyes anyway. Movement & link up have really come along. He’s getting chances too so the goals are coming. just a shame theres now going to be a break
Ric Flair Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 He's improved his general play but I feel like his finishing is way off at the minute, not concerned about that though as he's a natural finisher and it will return. Pleased to see him actually involved in attacks up there on his own which he barely could do last season. 1
Popular Post Finnegan Posted 6 November 2022 Popular Post Posted 6 November 2022 Sometimes strikers have bad days in front of goal. We've seen Vards pretty much spuff a hattrick this season and nobody questions he's world class in front of goal. Hope Rodgers just sticks with him. The goals will come if he keeps up that kind of movement and work rate. 5
Ric Flair Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 1 minute ago, Finnegan said: Sometimes strikers have bad days in front of goal. We've seen Vards pretty much spuff a hattrick this season and nobody questions he's world class in front of goal. Hope Rodgers just sticks with him. The goals will come if he keeps up that kind of movement and work rate. Agreed
Reginaldo Posted 6 November 2022 Posted 6 November 2022 I think it’s good he’s alternating with Vards regularly. He needs game time and credit to Vards for being so accommodating. Shows a team ethos from the top 👍
BenTheFox Posted 7 November 2022 Posted 7 November 2022 I feel like he is very close to clicking into gear. He is a constant threat, it's just his touch and his composure in front of goal that is lacking. 1
ARM1968 Posted 7 November 2022 Posted 7 November 2022 The lad is mustard. Genuine quality. Goals will come. We are lucky to have him.
taupe Posted 7 November 2022 Posted 7 November 2022 I think Daka is an example of us scouting quite specifically for certain abilities, as it's difficult to not see him as an almost direct plug-in replacement for Vardy. And I think we've broadly speaking succeeded. Cool thing for me is that Daka will get better, more adapted to our game, as he gets more minutes in. I can virtually see his confidence grow as he becomes more comfortable in the role.
Popular Post BenTheFox Posted 13 November 2022 Popular Post Posted 13 November 2022 Surprised not to see any comments about him. He got an assist yesterday and won a penalty. He's not amongst the goals at the minute but his pace and running keeps opposition defenders honest. I really hope he kicks on because he is a really likeable player. 11 1
LCCFox96 Posted 13 November 2022 Posted 13 November 2022 13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said: Surprised not to see any comments about him. He got an assist yesterday and won a penalty. He's not amongst the goals at the minute but his pace and running keeps opposition defenders honest. I really hope he kicks on because he is a really likeable player. I agree with that - Daka’s increased mobility over Vardy makes him the preferred striking option right now. His hold up play isn’t as strong as Vardy’s but he’s causing every defence we’ve faced problems and has picked up 3 goals and a handful of assists too. 2
Recommended Posts